Chairs in room?

We have an ocean view balcony on our upcoming symphony cruise and see the 2 chairs on the balcony.  We have 3 people in our room and are wondering if the is a chair at the desk inside so we can have 3 chairs on the balcony?

7 minutes ago, Lindanuf said:

We have an ocean view balcony on our upcoming symphony cruise and see the 2 chairs on the balcony.  We have 3 people in our room and are wondering if the is a chair at the desk inside so we can have 3 chairs on the balcony?

You can also ask your stateroom attendant for an extra chair for the balcony.  If they can fit it, this would be better than using a chair that is not designed to be outside.

Rarely will all of you be on the balcony at the same time.  Just bring the vanity chair back inside when not in use!
I know. I'm tilting at windmills here but ... How could you possibly know how much time they intend to spend on their balcony, or how often it will be all 3 if them? [emoji849]
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You can also ask your stateroom attendant for an extra chair for the balcony.  If they can fit it, this would be better than using a chair that is not designed to be outside.

We put the upholstered chair from a JS outside on Brilliance.  Very nice

3 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

I know. I'm tilting at windmills here but ... How could you possibly know how much time they intend to spend on their balcony, or how often it will be all 3 if them? emoji849.png

You know you'll never get a response.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

Rarely will all of you be on the balcony at the same time.  Just bring the vanity chair back inside when not in use!

My husband and I love spending time on the balcony and if we’re out there I can guarantee our 7 year old will be out there too.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Which could get soaked if they wash the balconies.

Not really their problem.  If they choose to wash the balconies so indiscriminately as to soak an upholstered chair, they’ll surely remedy the situation.  If I had left a chair out there and I came back to find it soaked from a cleaning, I would contact my room steward or guest services and have it replaced promptly.

1 hour ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Not really their problem.  If they choose to wash the balconies so indiscriminately as to soak an upholstered chair, they’ll surely remedy the situation.  If I had left a chair out there and I came back to find it soaked from a cleaning, I would contact my room steward or guest services and have it replaced promptly.

They don't indiscriminately wash the balconies. On Adventure 2 weeks ago we received a note in our stateroom one night that they would be washing balconies the next day and that we should not leave anything out there.

27 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

They don't indiscriminately wash the balconies. On Adventure 2 weeks ago we received a note in our stateroom one night that they would be washing balconies the next day and that we should not leave anything out there.

I get that. But unless it’s completely automated, they should still be checking to see what is on the balcony.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:20 PM, hapster85 said:

I know. I'm tilting at windmills here but ... How could you possibly know how much time they intend to spend on their balcony, or how often it will be all 3 if them? emoji849.png

She can't possibly know...it's just CB being CB.  sigh....

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 9:42 PM, leisuretraveler223 said:

I get that. But unless it’s completely automated, they should still be checking to see what is on the balcony.

So the process would be to check every cabin that are being washed for what is on those balcony's.  They will then need to check on the balcony's below the cabins that are actually being washed. 

There are drains on balcony's that may or may not drain on a lower cabin balcony.  While it may easy to see a person on a balcony from a higher level.

To do this they will need to knock on many doors, with no guarantee they have reached everyone.  

I am not sure what is the surface covering is for the vanity chairs, but there could be a fire risk,  see the Princess ship that had it's balcony's catch on fire.  They were surprised that the fire moved through the balcony dividers as they had a very, very, high flash point.