Kids Sail Free

The next Kids Sail Free starts April 1.

Free sailings extend until May, 2020

Typical blackout dates apply.  Summer, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Presidents week, March break and Easter.

Prices will go up as it will revert back to 50% off the second guest as opposed to 30% off first 2.  Guests 3 and 4 will now be 25% off if they are over 12.

FF6F9D60-74E7-4DB1-9109-65A6DD271CF8.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The next Kids Sail Free starts April 1.

Free sailings extend until May, 2020

Typical blackout dates apply.  Summer, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Presidents week, March break and Easter.

Prices will go up as it will revert back to 50% off the second guest as opposed to 30% off first 2.  Guests 3 and 4 will now be 25% off if they are over 12.

Thank you! can you double confirm it's until May 2020, not 2021? 

We've been following for a winter 2020 itinerary, waiting/hoping for the KSF to extend that far.

19 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

You do know, there is no such thing as free. emoji16.png

They just adjust their prices so people think they are getting something for free.

Who else longs for the days of s real sale?

Past Reviews post 184

I used to think this also, but to be fair to RCL there ARE occasions where the math does indeed show that Kids will sail for "free". (Port fees, grats not included)

You do however need to calculate the pre-sale price,  continue to price and re-price during the sale to ensure that what you are talking about is not happening, because it does.

Edited by NateUpNorth
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

You do know, there is no such thing as free. emoji16.png

They just adjust their prices so people think they are getting something for free.

Who else longs for the days of s real sale?

Past Reviews post 184

This seems to be the only RC "sale" that actually saves people money.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Thank you! can you double confirm it's until May 2020, not 2021? 

We've been following for a winter 2020 itinerary, waiting/hoping for the KSF to extend that far.

It is May 2020. The last time they had this a few months ago it only covered 2019. 

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is May 2020. The last time they had this a few months ago it only covered 2019. 

Thanks, appreciate the info greatly. We were hopeful the last KSF a few months ago was going extend far enough but it ended right before the Caribbean II Deployment was released this year. Timing, timing, timing.............

Whereabouts in Ontario are you? Niagara Falls here.....

5 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Thanks, appreciate the info greatly. We were hopeful the last KSF a few months ago was going extend far enough but it ended right before the Caribbean II Deployment was released this year. Timing, timing, timing.............

Whereabouts in Ontario are you? Niagara Falls here.....

Just east of Toronto. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

KSF for the following year's winter normally hits in August...we book that almost every year.  We have booking for Grandeur that sales out 8 days before thanksgiving which should hit KSF b/c blackout doesn't usually happen until 7 days but we are anxiously awaiting when they release KSF for winter 2020 too!! ( we took advantage of that with our 9 day this Easter!)

Edited by GalwayGirl03
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

KSF for the following year's winter normally hits in August...we book that almost every year.  We have booking for Grandeur that sales out 8 days before thanksgiving which should hit KSF b/c blackout doesn't usually happen until 7 days but we are anxiously awaiting when they release KSF for winter 2020 too!! ( we took advantage of that with our 9 day this Easter!)

Thanks! IIRC that's roughly about when we've booked our last two KSF's also.

Got our eyes on the Explorer to do the ABC's again, or one of the Vision 10 nighter's.

Have also been waiting for this KSF.. We're cruising with 4 little's that are part of our extended family group. Harmony May 3rd 2020. We're booked in 3 JS's and hope we see some savings.

Wait...Just saw the fine print we're already booked will this apply?

We booked Jan 5, 2019 NRD's.

Edited by Ashland

9 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

I used to think this also, but to be fair to RCL there ARE occasions where the math does indeed show that Kids will sail for "free". (Port fees, grats not included)

You do however need to calculate the pre-sale price,  continue to price and re-price during the sale to ensure that what you are talking about is not happening, because it does.

Even if not completely free, we have been able to score a couple of really good deals with the kids sail free promo.

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

Have also been waiting for this KSF.. We're cruising with 4 little's that are part of our extended family group. Harmony May 3rd 2020. We're booked in 3 JS's and hope we see some savings.

Wait...Just saw the fine print we're already booked will this apply?

We booked Jan 5, 2019 NRD's.

Unfortunately, it will not apply. You could always try, but you would likely have to cancel (and lose any promos you booked with, as well as risk losing your selected cabins), then re-book with the KSF promo.

8 minutes ago, DrDani226 said:

Unfortunately, it will not apply. You could always try, but you would likely have to cancel (and lose any promos you booked with, as well as risk losing your selected cabins), then re-book with the KSF promo.

You won’t have to cancel.  You just call and your reservation is repriced to the current rates.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

You won’t have to cancel.  You just call and your reservation is repriced to the current rates.

I have never had luck just having them adjust the price. However, when you say "repriced," to me that essentially means they will cancel and rebook your reservation. Maybe some people have had luck keeping their cabins that way though. I have tried with a couple different promos and no luck.

4 minutes ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

I have repriced 4 cruises over the last 18 months when ksf comes out with zero issue..

I’m glad to hear it’s worked out for others. I guess I haven’t been so lucky. At least not when the promo has been for new bookings only. 

3 hours ago, DrDani226 said:

I have never had luck just having them adjust the price. However, when you say "repriced," to me that essentially means they will cancel and rebook your reservation. Maybe some people have had luck keeping their cabins that way though. I have tried with a couple different promos and no luck.

Repriced at least 20 to 30 times.  Never once had to cancel.  By cancelling I mean a new reservation number is created.  If you have the same reservation number then you never cancelled.

Just did it yesterday for a client.

• Like 2

Well that’s good to know. Maybe the way I was asking for it was incorrect? I don’t know. I just know I was clearly told that if the promo (and I can’t recall which one it was and that may make a difference) was restricted to new bookings only, they could not just reprice the existing reservation. I probably should have just kept calling since you get a different answer every time:)

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Great...good to hear. I've repriced many of my bookings over the years with no trouble but this will be a first with the KSF that will apply to our dates when taking the extended family that includes the grandbabies.

8 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Bummer.  Was hoping the cut off was Christmas week but looks like the cut off starts Dec 15th (fine print is small but think that's what I saw)?

It is the 15th.  It usually starts there to exclude the longer sailings that may stretch into Christmas.

8 hours ago, DrDani226 said:

I just know I was clearly told that if the promo (and I can’t recall which one it was and that may make a difference) was restricted to new bookings only, they could not just reprice the existing reservation. I probably should have just kept calling since you get a different answer every time:)

The GGG sales are a bit different and the official policy on those is that you can't get that price on an existing booking - so in that case you would have to cancel and rebook (some folks in the UK do this because the savings are much more the deposit loss), but sometimes you get someone on the phone to ignore the policy.

It is the 15th.  It usually starts there to exclude the longer sailings that may stretch into Christmas.

Thanks.  We're looking at a 4 day leaving the 19th (with or without our kids...not sure yet, but either way, we wouldn't catch it with out younger one anyways)