Celebrity Eliminating Beef Tournados Entree

TommyD3

1 minute ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

On our March 3rd Silhouette cruise we had just finished our 2nd meal in Murano when our waiter, Daniel inquired if we planned to return before the end of the cruise.  We told him we had reservations in Tuscan Grill on the upcoming Tuesday evening. He was quite insistent that we cancel that and come back to Muranos and he would make us a “special” meal! We took him u on it!

He prepared Steak Diane, Muranos lobster and Crepe Suzette, all tableside!

Best meal we had on the ship that cruise!

When done correctly, it is delicious!

Agreed! However it's not a tableside preparation in the MDR, and can't be simply because of the sheer volume of diners in that venue, therefore what's being offered as Steak Diane in the MDR is merely a "dumbed-down" version of the original dish.

1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

Agreed! However it's not a tableside preparation in the MDR, and can't be simply because of the sheer volume of diners in that venue, therefore what's being offered as Steak Diane in the MDR is merely a "dumbed-down" version of the original dish.

Absolutely! No way they could do tableside prep in the MDR.  I’m sure what they are passing off as Steak Dianne is a poor cut of beef with mushroom gravy on top!

Knowing that this can and will change beforehand, but this is what the app says for beef choices on our upcoming Equinox cruise:

• Night 1 - Aged Prime Rib
  • Night 2 - Roasted Beef Flank Steak
  • Night 3 - Steak Diane - Rack of Lamb also offered that night
  • Night 4 - Barolo Braised Beef Short Ribs
  • Night 5 - Steak & Chips
  • Night 6 - Beef Wellington - Also lobster night
  • Night 7 - Beef Stroganoff

I will most likely be ordering beef on nights 1,3,5 &6 (split with the DW on night 6 for a surf & turf as we will both get the lobster).

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Your comment came true, another thread opened that Creme Brûlée is gone.

Creme brulee still on the Reflection last week, so it must be ship menu changes perhaps moving through the fleet?  I for one can attest that quality and choice has changed quite a bit over many years, or they count on newer cruisers being more used to fast food restaurants so won't be too critical of their MDR offerings.  I miss the 'old' Celebrity - staff, style, food, etc.  Sailed most other lines before X (now EP) but now starting to consider changing.

• Like 1

Here is what mine says for Summit:

Night 1 - Aged Prime Rib

Night 2 -  Celebrity Signature Beef Tournedos (Rack of Lamb also)

Night 3  - Roasted Beef Flank Steak

Night 4  - Kobe Beef Meatloaf

Night 5 -  Steak and Chips

Night 6 -  Beef Bourguignon

Night 7 -  Aged Prime Rib of Beef (again but different menu than day 1)

I see no Lobster, no Steak Diane, no Turkey on any of the menus.

Edited by MizDemeanor

6 hours ago, Quo Vadis? said:

What Steak Dianne used to be ... but in Murano

Steak Diane.jpg

One can still get Steak Diane in Murano if ordered 24 hours in advance. I have had it there MANY times. It is what I always get at Murano. It is night and day superior to the Steak Diane in the MDR. One would hope so since it costs $50 more per person than the MDR !!!

9 hours ago, barbels said:

The steak Diane is tough, chewy and tasteless.  They use a much cheaper cut of beef.  I complained about it 2 years ago.  They are, not so slowly, cheapening the MDR experience that I used to love.   Our next reservation is in Aqua class If Blu isn't a step up, we will stop cruising with Celebrity after almost 30 cruises.  I guess they think there are enough newbies to replace us tried and true folks.  There are other cruise lines.

Hi

just returned from the March 3 sailing on Silhouette and for the first time in over 10 years we did not book a cruise whilst on board. We have dined in Blu on our last 6 sailings and the quality of the food has drastically lowered compared to even our last sailing in September 18. The veal chop I usually love was returned twice, it was tough chewy and had no real flavour, this was one of at least 3 entrees returned. In over 25 sailings with celebrity I cannot remember ever sending back a meal because of the quality of the meat. It was very noticeable on this sailing that the quality of the meat had been downgraded. The rack of lamb was fantastic but overall our dining experience was underwhelming.

We also noticed that the quality of the food in the ocean view cafe had deteriated and one of the things that amazed me was the salmon wellington served for lunch. How can it be expected to not to be overcooked and be dry when kept on a hot plate where they usually serve the huge cuts of meat?

We have two future cruises of 17 and 14 days booked but have now booked similar itinerary with Oceana and Seabourn, the X Cruises wil Be moved to either Azamara or 7 night itineries where we will probably use OBC to book a dining package in murano.

We also clearly noticed a real change in the attitude of some of the staff towards guests not to us in particular but from observations, the change over the last 6 months has been really noticeable to us and what was our go to cruise line alas is no longer Celebrity. I am sure that my two sailings each year will be filled by new cruisers. I am certain that Celebrity will continue to be successful but with all the edgifications and cuts in staff and quality, the brand is no longer for us.

Ms Perlo is obviously moving the brand to a different demographic and it seems I am not part of that, but hey ho I will move on to one that suits me. I have fantastic memories of my sailings on Celebrity and I hope for Texed’s sake that Ms Perlo does not reduce the quality of the waffles, although I must admit on my last sailing the waffles did look slightly smaller. 😂😱

i will sail with Celebrity again but will very carefully choose my itinery and cannot foresee us sailing more than 7days, once the two booked cruise have been sailed I do not think we will sail again with Celebrity.

Edited by swigso

Swigso -

Very sorry to hear this was your most recent experience. It seems there is no apology forthcoming from the Cruiseline at any point soon or even a market correction.  

I truly think that they went all in on one direction that they beleived was the right one for them, but I don't think that it's actually working out the way they planned. 

I think they are scrambling to make things appear to be OK, but I think its time for them to start to panic since they put all of their eggs into the Hoppen basket and the plan now has to be to just try to get by until a miracle occurs to stop the hemorrhaging.

The drastic changes in food quality/purchasing has to be part of the panic plan. 

Food is important.  I like eating great food. One of the nice features of cruising is trying new food. After seeing the same old menus for years, I have tried it all. Nothing new. I would like to see some new dishes offered on the menus.

1 hour ago, MizDemeanor said:

Did they....holy cow!

Yes. Just saw the change from 18% to 20%. Seems like they are rolling out the post-revolution down-grades on some things and up-charge on others all at once. Maybe it’s good to get it all out of the way in one fell swoop! Kind of like ripping off a band-aid. Gives people some time to figure out if they’re good staying with their bookings or want to cancel.

Edited by SeasideMemories