Celebrity Eliminating Beef Tournados Entree

TommyD3

One of my long time favorites (the Beef Tournados entree on the first formal / elegant chic night menu) is being eliminated fleet wide !!!!

One of my favorite dishes in the MDR for over 25 years !!!

Replacement is the Steak Diane (used to be on Menu 7 - the Turkey and Veal Cordon Bleu menu).

Picture of the Steak Diane served on the Eclipse first elegant chic night tonight.

Asked the HD and his response is that the change is fleet wide.

Definite step down !!!

Streak Diane.jpg

55 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

What are are you saying?!

Are there Beef Tournedos on the Menu? 

I am a really crummy typist, and somtimes even so much a crummy speller, but I don't know that "Beef Tournedos" (spelled correctly) are even on the menu this time and or are beign eliminated.

What do you know now that you have all these facts for clarification???

Edited by MizDemeanor

1 hour ago, TommyD3 said:

One of my long time favorites (the Beef Tournados entree on the first formal / elegant chic night menu) is being eliminated fleet wide !!!!

One of my favorite dishes in the MDR for over 25 years !!!

Replacement is the Steak Diane (used to be on Menu 7 - the Turkey and Veal Cordon Bleu menu).

Picture of the Steak Diane served on the Eclipse first elegant chic night tonight.

Asked the HD and his response is that the change is fleet wide.

Definite step down !!!

I had the beef tournados last month on the Silhouette(delicious as always) and until I was looking at an upcoming cruise did not know it is no longer being offered but as you said substituted with the steak Diane which was an item on another night’s menu. This is disappointing in the fact that many liked the tounados and also another cost cutting step down, sad....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

Are there Beef Tournedos on the Menu? 

I am a really crummy typist, and somtimes even so much a crummy speller, but I don't know that "Beef Tournedos" (spelled correctly) are even on the menu this time and or are beign eliminated.

What do you know now that you have all these facts for clarification???

Again, I have no idea what you are asking. What does “what do you know now that you have all these facts for clarification” (followed by your ???) mean?  What do you want to know?

The OP seems to be saying they are disappointed that the “Beef Tournedos” that used to be a featured menu item on the first Evening Chic night are no longer available and Steak Diane has replaced it.

What is your question?

Edited by helen haywood

I know things get heated on CC.  I know that was is important varies between people.  But seriously?  One entree gets changed, and it creates turmoil, nastiness and predictions of the downfall of a successful business?  (YES, I'm exaggerating to make a point.)

This ranks right up there with the type and number of flowers in the vase in the suites.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As a fairly regular X cruiser I would love it if the menus changed more often.  Yes, I have a few favourite dishes but I would gladly trade those for some more variety.

Just off the Infinity and I recall seeing Steak Diane.  I cannot remember seeing the beef Tournedos so I suppose the OP is correct.  Not the end of the world. Overall quality and variety were still good even if many of the dishes have been on the X menu for years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

No more Tournados- my my- the world stopps moving!

mori- in that case I hope it has nothing to do with cost cutting- since they replace with Steak Diane..!

OMG! What is the world coming too.

The only thing the would be worse is AIDA would stop mserving Schnitzel.

I'm off to find a vegan cruise line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, G.M.T. said:

I'm not sure that going to a vegan cruise would help.  On our last cruise the difference was mushrooms.  Entrees that used to have large slices of mushrooms only had tiny bits of mushrooms.  I'm not sure if this is another cost saving move or if there is some shortage of mushrooms.

Really- do they serve Schnitzel on board Aida- I have never been on one of their ships- so I can´t say- LOL!  A ship filled with Germans- AND NO SCHNITZEL- they  would have a nice mutinity at hand....- the chef boiled in hot water...! LOL!

All the luck for you  GMT- a vegan ship, a non smoking ship, a non chair hog ship, no salt ship, the list could go on....

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

LOL, please let me know when you find it..

I Am vegan and really do enjoy the variety of food I get on X, but an all Vegan line... YAY!

bon appetite and bon voyage

11 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

Fact Checking....please verify.

I font even know if this is on the current menubut thie topic suggests it is.

Poster keep yourself HONEST.  

Like I said in the original posting we talked to the Hotel Director and were told that the Beef Tournados is in the process of being eliminated fleet wide.

This is an entree that Celebrity has offer as THE beef choice on the first formal / elegant chic night for 25+ years. One of the main reasons that we continued sailing the line after our first voyage onboard the Zenith in 1993. I have had the Beef Tournados over 150 times. Apparently most don't care but it is a big deal for me. In my opinion the current Steak Diane offering is not edible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope Celebrity is very careful what they do to the beef choices.  Other lines have almost limited beef/steak to the speciality restaurants.  And people do notice.

Any comments about the always available "steak" and other beef entrees?  Thanks.

I agree that the current offering of steak Diane  is much below the previous Tournedoes.  When I saw that substitution two weeks ago I was hopeful it was just a result of being unable to get some supplies due to being in South America but last night we had the steak Diane again and I was very displeased and sent mine back to the kitchen.

• Like 1

The Tornados have been steadily shrinking in size to the point where one waiter asked if I wanted another portion. They were also my favorite dinner. I agree with Tommy that the Steak Diane, as served to me, has been sub par. My Dr. recently told me that I need to cut back on beef so I should thank Celebrity for helping me to do that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I agree that the current offering of steak Diane  is much below the previous Tournedoes.  When I saw that substitution two weeks ago I was hopeful it was just a result of being unable to get some supplies due to being in South America but last night we had the steak Diane again and I was very displeased and sent mine back to the kitchen.

Was it tough? What was the issue with it, it’s a different sort of meal in terms of not as clean and simple. 

The steak Diane is tough, chewy and tasteless.  They use a much cheaper cut of beef.  I complained about it 2 years ago.  They are, not so slowly, cheapening the MDR experience that I used to love.   Our next reservation is in Aqua class If Blu isn't a step up, we will stop cruising with Celebrity after almost 30 cruises.  I guess they think there are enough newbies to replace us tried and true folks.  There are other cruise lines.

• Like 3