Escargot

ktmush2

2 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Don't ask question. Just think of it as part of jungle survival training course.

Good advice. I find picky eaters annoying, and I am being picky here. I live for garlic and butter. How bad can it be?

1 hour ago, wytygr8 said:

Why?

More often than not when you hear about "picky eaters," especially on sites like this, it is the most ridiculous reasons. I'm not saying everyone should eat what Andrew Zimmer eats, but some people are just ridiculous. Maybe it's me

15 hours ago, Jim and Monika said:

They are back on the menu as of a few years ago. Before that they were taken off, not sure why, but I'm sure they were a slow mover.

I think the prompt for the original question was a temporary shortage last month where they weren't available for a while. I think OP was asking if that shortage was resolved and they were back on the menu again... I think I saw a few people post that they'd had them on most recent cruises so it seems they're again available for noshing! Yumm, yumm!

On 3/28/2019 at 2:01 PM, Shaded Lady said:

Tracey.kinney you should definitely try it... if you like garlic and you like butter, you'll like them! I order them any time I can from the MDR- not so crazy about the ones in the steakhouse though- it seems they've got some sort of tomato base mixed into them that I don't care for...

I agree about the Steakhouse version. Just awful, wrapped in pastry. Yuck!

We were just on Vista on March 17-24th. The menu on the hub app for either Friday or Saturday night showed escargot but when we sat down in the main dining room the printed menu had alligator bites in it's place. I tried those but really wanted to try escargot since I've never had it.

11 hours ago, Joebucks said:

More often than not when you hear about "picky eaters," especially on sites like this, it is the most ridiculous reasons. I'm not saying everyone should eat what Andrew Zimmer eats, but some people are just ridiculous. Maybe it's me

We all have all sorts of ridiculous reasons for various things that we do.

29 minutes ago, Ideb said:

We were just on Vista on March 17-24th. The menu on the hub app for either Friday or Saturday night showed escargot but when we sat down in the main dining room the printed menu had alligator bites in it's place. I tried those but really wanted to try escargot since I've never had it.

Did you ask? Last time it wasn't on the menu and I asked and he said no problem

On 3/28/2019 at 12:03 PM, Tiggerontheseas said:

Except frog legs actually DO taste very much like chicken.  🙂

I love escargot but you are right that it is very hard to describe the taste.   But there is no denying that it's a great vehicle for butter and garlic sauce.  Yum!

To me frog legs have the mouth feel of chicken, however the flavor is more like rabbit.  Each more earthier than chicken.

I love froglegs, rabbit and escargot.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:01 PM, Shaded Lady said:

Tracey.kinney you should definitely try it... if you like garlic and you like butter, you'll like them! I order them any time I can from the MDR- not so crazy about the ones in the steakhouse though- it seems they've got some sort of tomato base mixed into them that I don't care for...

On 3/29/2019 at 6:21 PM, gatour said:

To me frog legs have the mouth feel of chicken, however the flavor is more like rabbit.  Each more earthier than chicken.

I love froglegs, rabbit and escargot.

I love frog legs and escargot and I'm sure that I would like rabbit too.  However, I had bunnies as pets as a child and just can't do it.  Ha!

3 hours ago, Jim and Monika said:

You are all really serious about snails, so serious that nobody got my joke about being taken off the menu because they were "slow movers"

D'oh!  Apparently the snails aren't the only things slow.  Whoosh over my head.  😅

Thanks for explaining it - that's really cute.

From what I understand, Carnival have eliminated the escargot.  We were on Legend in December and were told the escargot would be eliminated this year, i.e. 2019.  Aboard Spirit last week, we were told the new Nouveau menu had taken effect and therefore, escargot hadn't been on the menu for a few days before we that. I believe the menu is Carnival-wide so what I've been told and what I've experienced should be the case across the fleet. 

5 hours ago, plettza said:

From what I understand, Carnival have eliminated the escargot.  We were on Legend in December and were told the escargot would be eliminated this year, i.e. 2019.  Aboard Spirit last week, we were told the new Nouveau menu had taken effect and therefore, escargot hadn't been on the menu for a few days before we that. I believe the menu is Carnival-wide so what I've been told and what I've experienced should be the case across the fleet. 

As I said in previous post - we were on Conquest 3/16-3/24, had the "new" menus  and we definitely had escargot as an appetizer on the second elegant night.  They were too oily for me, but dd enjoyed hers (and finished mine!)  

On 3/29/2019 at 3:34 PM, crusinpsychRN said:

Another agreement.....snails are much better in the MDR than the Steakhouse !!

And I'd rather have snails than a guys burger!