LIVE from the Prinsendam - 24 day Med Rivieras & River Explorer - please join us

kazu

Yeah for another life thread!  I know it will be a bit melancholy but I know you will enjoy every minute on-board.  The itinerary looks fantastic so you will certainly be posting from interesting locations.

Now go and enjoy!  Bon Voyage!

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, drowelf said:

Is that for the first segment (12th - 24th) or second? We have not even started the gathering of the cruise paraphernalia, let alone gathering clothes. If its going to be cooler than normal we may have to add more layering clothes. 

We have 2 memorial services on each of the weekend before we fly out on Easter. So that is cutting deep into our organization time.

I think (?) Barbara is talking about Lisbon as the temps have gone down big time since last week.

But, layers are always good in Europe. It can be cool or very hot or cool in the morning and hot in the afternoon. this time of the year is not hot, but it can be very pleasant - certainly warmer than here.

If I complain it is cold, everyone has permission to beat me with a wet noodle 😉 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Yeah for another life thread!  I know it will be a bit melancholy but I know you will enjoy every minute on-board.  The itinerary looks fantastic so you will certainly be posting from interesting locations.

Now go and enjoy!  Bon Voyage!

thanks Gail, 

It won't be melancholy until we are near time to get off - guaranteed 🙂 

dogs are off to the kennel tomorrow.  Once that is done, my day is mine and I can get things done.

We are just hoping that Marley (the Berner) will sail into the car and not have to be lifted.  "Sigh".  Miko (the puppy) has now been allowed to get in on his own and sails in like a champ.

IMG_4927.thumb.JPG.0c543c0d1bd08159e312222b08d32de1.JPG

They are both all groomed now 😉 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I'll be following along virtually on this "cruise that could've been"....   I look forward to hearing about all the ports and great times aboard the elegant explorer.

Bon voyage!

thanks kindly.

I was so sorry when you had to cancel.  I was so looking forward to meeting you.

Many, many thanks for the excellent info you gave us on Tarragona.  Our train tickets are all done and our walking tour guide will be waiting for us.

After that, we'll explore on our own thanks to your excellent information

You added so much to that day for us and we appreciate it and will think of you when we get on the train that we were going to be on together.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kazu said:

thanks Gail, 

dogs are off to the kennel tomorrow.  Once that is done, my day is mine and I can get things done.

We are just hoping that Marley (the Berner) will sail into the car and not have to be lifted.  "Sigh".  Miko (the puppy) has now been allowed to get in on his own and sails in like a champ.

It's amazing how time flies.  Miko is so big now and looks like a 5:1 version of our Rylee with his colors and marking (only with a tail!)....

Best wishes to both you and Jose for a special and memorable journey.  Be safe.  Looking forward to your blog.

Edited by 0bnxshs

9 hours ago, kazu said:

thanks Gail, 

Great picture of the "children" all ready to go to the kennel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 0bnxshs said:

It's amazing how time flies.  Miko is so big now and looks like a 5:1 version of our Rylee with his colors and marking (only with a tail!)....

Best wishes to both you and Jose for a special and memorable journey.  Be safe.  Looking forward to your blog.

LOL - Miko is NOT full grown.  He’s only 7 & 1/2 months old.  Debbie at their home away from home said “he’s going to be a big boy”.  I suspect he will end up taller than Marley.

Thanks for the good wishes.

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Great picture of the "children" all ready to go to the kennel.

Thanks KK.  Here’s Miko after he was groomed properly with his brother.

9EBBC090-331F-4672-8380-9B8F5792E8A1.thumb.jpeg.6b609e8e251292a3cab1a783908bc8fe.jpeg

They are now at their home away from home.  Talk about a packed SUV!  2 huge bags of dog food, 2 big beds, 2 bags of treats, monthly meds for tick/Lyme disease prevention, toys, bones, pumpkin, towels, etc.  Good think I am not too  huge or there would have been no place for me. 😉 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, canyousayvacation said:

Such cuties!  You need to be sure they have everything they need for their vacation, Mom!😉

Oh, they do, trust me.  The SUV was fully loaded.  They are well loved and well cared for, believe me ❤️ 

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Wow!  The doggies are away at camp, and Mom and Dad can take a vacation.  What kind of dog is Miko - he almost has Dalmatian spots when he's shorn? 

Doggies are away and Mum is playing - at packing!  I thought it was about time.

Miko is a standard poodle.  His colouring is called partis - dots and splotches around him.  His Mum had creamy brown parti colouring and his father was a black standard so he got the best of both of them.

I had honestly never seen nor heard of it until I saw his mother and the puppies.

After Fox passed, Marley was past grief. He had never been without a pack so we our vet recommended these puppies because of their outstanding termperament.  She had taken 2 and actually, now she has 3 of them.

It took Marley a few days to get used to a rambunctious puppy but he and Miko are very happy together. Miko will definitely keep him young 😉 

• Like 2

Well, now I can say all the bags are packed and we’re mostly ready to go.

Just the carry on stuff, clean up the house and check my notes and make sure I am missing nothing.  That goes in carry on too.  I need those vouchers, train tickets and email confirmations. 😉 

Now, it’s time to get excited 🙂 

We’ve been planning this so long, it just kept seeming long away and now the day is here tomorrow.  

We miss the dogs - the house is so quiet.  But I could pack and there was no puppy to steal something out (as he does with laundry) so a day without them was good to get down to business - but I did wake up this morning listening to hear if they were moving - and then I remembered they weren’t here.  LOL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

Well, now I can say all the bags are packed and we’re mostly ready to go.

Just the carry on stuff, clean up the house and check my notes and make sure I am missing nothing.  That goes in carry on too.  I need those vouchers, train tickets and email confirmations. 😉 

We’ve been planning this so long, it just kept seeming long away and now the day is here tomorrow.  

We miss the dogs - the house is so quiet.  But I could pack and there was no puppy to steal something out (as he does with laundry) so a day without them was good to get down to business - but I did wake up this morning listening to hear if they were moving - and then I remembered they weren’t here.  LOL.

Hard to believe it's finally time!  See you on the 24th.  Safe travels!

11 minutes ago, canyousayvacation said:

Hard to believe it's finally time!  See you on the 24th.  Safe travels!

Thanks Lezli 🙂 

Looking forward to seeing you really soon.  

I still have visions of dinner in Bordeaux dancing in my head now that we have the reservations 😉 

18 minutes ago, kazu said:

Have a glass or two of your favorite wine, have a pleasant evening, and a good night's rest.  Bon voyage!

Jacqui, I will be so excited to be reading your journey! I got home early this am from The Eurodam and all unpacked and am with my grand puppy Paisley! 

Have a awesome journey!

Guess what we did today? Went over your great blog with O from 2015! 

Now our next countdown begins for Rotterdam to Oceania next March! 

Your babies are beautiful!! Love their colorings in their fur! Looking forward to all your pics. You and Jose have a fantastic time!

Denise😊

Can't believe that tomorrow we head down to Miami for our flight to Lisbon on Monday.  You plan for so long and it feels like forever before the time really comes but...the time is now.  Thanks to all of you who posted about the weather being colder than expected.  I think we'll make a quick change taking a heavier jacket and a hoodie if it's warmer.  Appreciate all the info.

From the heart I must mention one thing in particular.  Over the years I have been on many great roll calls with people who actually participated and offered wonderful information.  But on this roll call it was amazing.  Of course, we had someone who truly was "the leader of the band."  So Jacqui, thanks so much for all that you've done to organize so many tours and events.  Many people helped in putting tours together but your spread sheet to keep it all together is spectacular...thank you.  We arrive in Lisbon at 5:20AM on Tuesday morning.  Think we'll have a little nap and then be raring to go.  Can't wait to meet everyone as we start this fantastic adventure!!

Helen

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HELENPSL said:

Can't believe that tomorrow we head down to Miami for our flight to Lisbon on Monday.  You plan for so long and it feels like forever before the time really comes but...the time is now.  Thanks to all of you who posted about the weather being colder than expected.  I think we'll make a quick change taking a heavier jacket and a hoodie if it's warmer.  Appreciate all the info.

From the heart I must mention one thing in particular.  Over the years I have been on many great roll calls with people who actually participated and offered wonderful information.  But on this roll call it was amazing.  Of course, we had someone who truly was "the leader of the band."  So Jacqui, thanks so much for all that you've done to organize so many tours and events.  Many people helped in putting tours together but your spread sheet to keep it all together is spectacular...thank you.  We arrive in Lisbon at 5:20AM on Tuesday morning.  Think we'll have a little nap and then be raring to go.  Can't wait to meet everyone as we start this fantastic adventure!!

Helen

She is amazing and one of the best of the best on CC!!!! You will have a amazing adventure with her expertise and knowledge!!! Enjoy you adventures and smooth sailings on a fantastic journey on the amazing Elegant Explorer.

Denise😊

23 minutes ago, HELENPSL said:

Helen

I echo Helen’s sentiments. A big Texas size thank you to Jacqui. Bon voyage and see you in Rome. I will be following Jacqui’s live feed until then!

Now that I'm packed, I have found time for studying up on some of the areas we'll be visiting and came across an interesting article on Bordeaux wine industry. So for the history buffs out there, here's the link:  https://www.thewinecellarinsider.com/wine-topics/bordeaux-wine-history-description-wines/

And a double echo to Helen's comments regarding Jacqui's amazing and comprehensive work on organizing this tour - truly the best ever. (And the doggies are pretty darn cute too!)

Well, we made it to Madrid!  Our flight arrived 45 minutes early this morning (naturally) so even less sleep on the plane than usual!  But after exploring for a few hours to soak up some sun, and then a little siesta this afternoon, we are ready to go tapas-bar-hopping this evening!

The fleece jacket and puffy jacket layers have already been put to good use here...

And one more echo for Helen’s comments about Jacqui’s amazing work.  As an engineer, I can say that her roll call spreadsheet is truly impressive!

Safe travel wishes to everyone who is flying tonight and tomorrow (and the next day)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1