More excitement on Millennium

mazza

There has been a flood on the Millennium in the corridors of Deck 9 where our cabins are. Not sure why yet but super impressed with the response. People everywhere dealing with it including senior officers and the Captain to check everyone was okay and to keep our cabins dry - which they did. Many water vacuums?? sucking the water off the carpet very quickly. One of our party has photos but can’t get them off his phone yet - will post when I can.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Oh dear- how unfortunate-  good old Milli got a nice facelift- Revolution- but as with all facelifts- underneath almost 20 years are still 20 years. Pipes- all the other hardware ages " unseen "! Hope they fix it quick!

This is true.

OP,

Glad to hear all of your possessions were saved and everyone was okay.

That's unfortunate..Glad Celebrity handled it well. Hope no more excitement.,

The systems of the older ships were always  one of our concerns in renovation programs...but I guess it can happen in a newer ship too.????

We have one M Class cruise booked om Summit....could not resist the great itin (Newport, Bermuda, Charleston RT Bayonne) but after than we'll stick with S and E Class.

8 hours ago, mazza said:

There has been a flood on the Millennium in the corridors of Deck 9 where our cabins are. Not sure why yet but super impressed with the response. People everywhere dealing with it including senior officers and the Captain to check everyone was okay and to keep our cabins dry - which they did. Many water vacuums?? sucking the water off the carpet very quickly. One of our party has photos but can’t get them off his phone yet - will post when I can.

Oh dear.  We are booked on deck 9, April 27 fro Tokyo.  Was the flood one area or the whole deck?

We were on the Millennium Mar 2-16 sailing and were in an Aqua class cabin on Deck 9 and there were plenty of issues going on.

There was a ship-wide power outage on the last night in Hong Kong late at night and backup generators were used for power.  Also, the Sky Suite right by the mid-ship elevators had a major flooding issue 2-3 days before we left with many fans/shop vacs sucking up water.  I was shocked the passengers were never moved from that cabin.

I noticed many workmen during the day down the hall on deck 9 working on something in the ceilings - this was an every day occurrence - it was on the side where the Apple lounge was removed and new cabins built.  What was that all about?  One day they engaged the wall closing that area completely for hours.  It was as if they hadn't finished the refurbishment in that area.

We were thankful none of this affected us in cabin 9129, but I felt bad for the passengers that were.

1 hour ago, SF said:

Sorry to hear about the flooding. Other posts have mentioned AC problems on Millennium too. Hope they get these issues fixed.

It's more cold than hot on the ship at the moment for some reason, although the ship was distinctly warmer when we return from our Bejing tour on the second day we were docked there. The cabins seem to be okay in terms of AC.

On 4/5/2019 at 5:33 AM, Germancruiser said:

Oh dear- how unfortunate-  good old Milli got a nice facelift- Revolution- but as with all facelifts- underneath almost 20 years are still 20 years. Pipes- all the other hardware ages " unseen "! Hope they fix it quick!

That is incorrect in parts...

During what you call a facelift, major changes were made to the staterooms.

As you might be aware, the staterooms come as preinstalled containers. Many of these installations and panels including wiring and pipes were exchanged. 

So I would put my money on the obvious and common cause that one of the connections simply failed. Happens a lot in new and renewed ships.

• Like 1

This event was a water pipe bursting and that happens. The 11 minute power failure we had was more annoying because I knew it had happened at least a couple of times before. More important for me was their response and as I said in my original post, the response by Millennium staff was quick and thorough. They may not have anticipated the exact event at the exact time it happened, but they were ready when it did. I’m not sure I’d damn Celebrity for a random event like a pipe bursting - my perspective anyway.

Edited by mazza
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mazza said:

This event was a water pipe bursting and that happens. The 11 minute power failure we had was more annoying because I knew it had happened at least a couple of times before. More important for me was their response and as I said in my original post, the response by Millennium staff was quick and thorough. They may not have anticipated the exact event at the exact time it happened, but they were ready when it did. I’m not sure I’d damn Celebrity for a random event like a pipe bursting - my perspective anyway.

Agree with the above!

Bursting water pipes can and do happen.

The important this is having it addressed and repaired promptly.  

• Like 1