Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cruiselover53

Pacific Jewel.what she looks like now

Recommended Posts

Thanks for the update. 

I looked on AIS under her new name , but they still have her cruising under Pacific Jewel , Currently off Kuala Lumpur and  heading for her new life in Mumbai.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes . There are some great destinations in the Indian Ocean. Check out the Lakshadweep Islands on google . They are a real  gem .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update, she doesn't look too bad. I am not sure how the good the cruise experience would be though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Impressive website.  Cruises have been designed for both Indians and foreigners visiting India.  

Edited by MMDown Under

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruising India.....I wonder if half the crew are Austalian??😂😂😂😈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Cruising India.....I wonder if half the crew are Austalian??😂😂😂😈

Maybe, I would suspect the crew would definitely be all Goa's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Cruising India.....I wonder if half the crew are Austalian??😂😂😂😈

 

90FC838A-3745-4B64-82E1-40F3FB109D44.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm - maybe I could finally get a decent feed of Indian food onboard a cruiseship after all these years . Following this with interest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm - at this time the itineraries look very limited to me - most ports are in the Middle east. Only one port (apart from  Mumbai) in India

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

Hmm - maybe I could finally get a decent feed of Indian food onboard a cruiseship after all these years . Following this with interest

Indeed young Barry,  you would get a good curry on board.  Just like on P&O UK ships, many Indian cooks, plenty of curries, lubbly jubbly.

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Indeed young Barry,  you would get a good curry on board.  Just like on P&O UK ships, many Indian cooks, plenty of curries, lubbly jubbly.

 I found P&O UK to be kind of "OK" for Indian food - but essentially they are still catering largely for western palates - and even worse, Pommie palates. I was VERY disappointed with all of the shore tours (which included lunches) we did during 3 months on Arcadia and Oriana around the World some years ago.  It was plainly obvious that all of the venues (mainly hotels) had been pre-warned that the bus load of passengers were Westerners!!! 😞 In Sri Lanka we got spaghetti bolognese and a band playing Vera Lynn songs!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodness, Spaghetti in Sri Lanka. Who is Vera Lynn and what instrument does she play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should work for this cruise line in there call centre; ring the bastard Indian's while there having dinner  & sell them a cruise on Pum-a-Dum cruise lines... 

I also wonder is any of there ports of call are as bad as Noumea???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, bazzaw said:

 I found P&O UK to be kind of "OK" for Indian food - but essentially they are still catering largely for western palates - and even worse, Pommie palates. I was VERY disappointed with all of the shore tours (which included lunches) we did during 3 months on Arcadia and Oriana around the World some years ago.  It was plainly obvious that all of the venues (mainly hotels) had been pre-warned that the bus load of passengers were Westerners!!! 😞 In Sri Lanka we got spaghetti bolognese and a band playing Vera Lynn songs!!!!!

" Pommie palates"! Nothing wrong with vindaloo and chips,lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Hunter69 said:

I should work for this cruise line in there call centre; ring the bastard Indian's while there having dinner  & sell them a cruise on Pum-a-Dum cruise lines... 

I also wonder is any of there ports of call are as bad as Noumea???

 

I'd love a pint of what you're drinking,lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, brian1 said:

I'd love a pint of what you're drinking,lol.

Kingfisher beer I presume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 6:50 PM, MicCanberra said:

Goodness, Spaghetti in Sri Lanka. Who is Vera Lynn and what instrument does she play?

They could have been served roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding.  Now Dame Vera Lynn was a singer in WW2 years, she used to sing a lot for the British Armed Forces, like White Cliffs of Dover or We'll Meet again...etc.  God I am old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think she is still with us. Celebrated her 100th a few years ago.

I remember , as a very small child of course , seeing her on the Auckland Town Hall stage appearing in a concert with Eddie Calvert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They could have been served roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding.  Now Dame Vera Lynn was a singer in WW2 years, she used to sing a lot for the British Armed Forces, like White Cliffs of Dover or We'll Meet again...etc.  God I am old.

Must be to know those songs.😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those of you who have been on P&O UK cruises, don't you remember during the sail away, Brit flags in hand, the pomms singing Vera Lynn's 'We'll meet again' along with God save the Queen and Britannia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Celebrity Edge in Europe Sweepstakes
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...