Five adults , 2 bedroom Haven

renebfl

Certainly do able and nice room but IMO wouldn't do it.  Which two get the large master?  Where does fifth sleep, couch in living room or with other two in the inside like small cabin?

But could maybe suck it up to get Haven over balcony.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, renebfl said:

Thinking of doing 2 bedroom Haven suite for transatlantic.  What do you think about the 5 adults or should we get 2 balcony rooms.  Do the beds separate in the 2 bedroom suite?

The beds don’t separate in any NCL suites from what I’ve read. 

Yes the beds don't separate.  Suite can actually sleep 6.

Master bed sleeps 2

2nd bedroom sleeps 2 smaller people

1 person sleeps on bunk above bed in  2nd bedroom

1 person sleeps on sofa bed

So with 5, it gives you a little flexiblity

http://DON'T DO IT   before warned

The master is very comfortable

The double sofa bed in the second bedroom is pitiful   not a double and not comfortable

the sofa bed in the living room  is a single and not much better

any way you split it    three adults are in for a rough  trip

I am not afflicted with the princess and the pea syndrome   but after two night       one on the second bed sofa and one on the living room sofa I moved in to bed with my daughter in the master.  if you are 5 adults   three of you will be unhappy.

We were OK with 3 adults on a 14 day port intensive cruise - probably would have been OK for a TA as there was plenty of room otherwise.  As for actual sleeping comfort - the second bedroom is OK for one adult or 2 children. The sofa is OK for 1 person. I equate sleeping arrangements in these cabins the same as RVs and tents - anything above 2 is a squeeze.

I drew the short straw (not really...I volunteered) in a 2 Bedroom Family suite on the Breakaway.  I'm an average sized (?) male at 5'8" and 190.  I was fine with the bunk in the kids room  It was nice being able to control the temperature, have my own bathroom and own TV.  (I cruise with Nanook of the North who always turns the thermostat all the way down and who I don't sleep with).

But if another adult or even a child was added to the little room, I would have considered that a big sacrifice.  The closet is pretty small and the shelve space is limited.  I think two adults' travel necessities would overfill the capacity of the little room.   There is adequate storage space in the living room area, though.     

I like being in the Haven...love the restaurant and the service.  But, with 5 adults, I'd probably be reaching in my wallet to get a cabin(s) more suited to a crowd. 

I'll confirm that the king bed in the 2 bedroom Haven suite does not separate nor do the king beds on the Dawn and Star family suites even though the website descriptions says that they do.   Our steward on the Star offered to bring in a chain saw but he had a great sense of humor. 

I believe that the previous poster is correct about none of the king beds in Suites (other than mini-suites) separate but I'd love to be corrected on that.

MD

Miserable in the Haven?  Hardly.  5 Adults can easily swing the 2 bedroom.  The sofa bed in the living room is plenty big. If there is not another couple, one can take the bunk and the other the bed in the second bedroom.  Everyone has their own bed except for the 2 sharing the Master suite.  I sailed on Epic with 5 adults and I was surprised how good it worked.  Don't forget: 2 full bathrooms, 2 showers, etc.  Don't lose out on the Haven perks.

6 adults now is getting too close for comfort.

Edited by david_sobe

Just a thought - how are your relationships or friendships ?

Personally, I would not want to travel in close quarters if I was risking difficulties with family members or friends.

I would choose the two balcony cabins or possibly book two smaller cabins in the Haven area ( not certain if that is available in the Haven category ).

Whatever you decide, hope it will be a good cruise for you and your group.

Three or maybe 4 adults.   That 5th?   No way.  A lot depends on the relationships.  Who sleeps with who?

the suite sleeps 6 if half are small kids. 

Edited by DMH15

6 hours ago, YVRBassElectric said:

We were in the 2 bed on the Breakaway with 3 adults and it wasn't roomy - would never do it with 5 adults. The master bed & bath are huge and lovely - the 2nd is SMALL. 

Would you sail with 3 adults in a 2 bedroom again, or was it too cramped? 

6 minutes ago, Anet01 said:

We are very good friends - we normally travel as 2 couples but one person couldn't get the time off work - so we might travel as 3 in a 2 bed again. With 4 we are traveling in 2 suites on the Gem

It helps that 3rd adult has their own bathroom but there is very little storage in that room, not sure my things would have fit (I'm an over packer) but even my male friend commented about how little storage there was! 

I'm pretty sure it was on the Jewel but our suite was next to the 2 bed suite and when we were on our balcony  but at night we could see into their bathtub area...if their light was on.  The first time we noticed it I went next door to inform them...we had a good laugh and they kept the curtain closed at night....they gave us a tour of their 2 bed and said they just used the 2sd bed for the suitcases.

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Is this worth a bid of $1000 on the Breakaway?

Per person, or in total, and from what current category.  In most cases, yes, even if PP as the price for that room normally runs pretty high.

What is the difference looking at current bookings your room type vs. the H4?

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Per person, or in total, and from what current category.  In most cases, yes, even if PP as the price for that room normally runs pretty high.

What is the difference looking at current bookings your room type vs. the H4?

From BA

On 4/13/2019 at 8:00 PM, Anet01 said:

We had 3 adults in a 2BR on the Star.  I was alone in the 2nd BR and while I didn't feel cramped, some of my stuff migrated out into the livingroom area b/c it wouldn't all fit in the 2nd room storage :)  I would totally do it again.  As a single.  I can not imagine sharing that room.  Maybe with a SO, but even then, it would be pretty cramped.

If there are couples involved, they will not want someone sleeping over them or beside them.  I'd go for separate cabins.  If you're college-aged and used to tight spaces, then it will be fine.

I don't want to share with anyone but my hubby...ever.  Even the kids would need their own space.

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Yes, the H4 (and all that comes with it) is easily worth $2K more than a standard balcony or mini-suite.

Good luck with your bid. How much would a direct upgrade cost for your cruise?

I think upgrade would be about $4k total