Celebrity Reflection or Crown Princess

CherylFP

If daytime activities are important then Princess has the edge. The evening entertainment venues on Crown are better too.

However Crown has no forward facing lounge and as the weather here in the UK can be awful even in the summer then Reflection's Sky lounge will be very popular.

The Crown with have more FRESH water pools which are less crowded.  There are two adult pools.  And the Sanctuary to book at extra charge.  Lower priced specialty restaurants.  Movies under the stars.

Reflection will have sofas in the most cabins.  Multi level dining room, nicer always available menu including escargots.  Bigger buffet area.  Lively atrium parties.

Be sure to check your hours in each port, itinerary is probably the most important.  Then price. then ship since they are both good choices IMHO.

Edited by happy cruzer

54 minutes ago, Esprit said:

If daytime activities are important then Princess has the edge. The evening entertainment venues on Crown are better too.

However Crown has no forward facing lounge and as the weather here in the UK can be awful even in the summer then Reflection's Sky lounge will be very popular.

Agree entertainment is better on crown but very hard to get a seat, saw a fight on saving seats on that ship , shows were standing room only. 

46 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

The Crown with have more FRESH water pools which are less crowded.  There are two adult pools.  And the Sanctuary to book at extra charge.  Lower priced specialty restaurants.  Movies under the stars.

Reflection will have sofas in the most cabins.  Multi level dining room, nicer always available menu including escargots.  Bigger buffet area.  Lively atrium parties.

Be sure to check your hours in each port, itinerary is probably the most important.  Then price. then ship since they are both good choices IMHO.

There may be little opportunity to use outdoor pools on a cruise around Britain, even in the so-called summer!

4 minutes ago, Csardas said:

There may be little opportunity to use outdoor pools on a cruise around Britain, even in the so-called summer!

There are also hot tubs available and the forward pool is protected from any wind.  If the weather is bad the one indoor pool area on Reflection will be mobbed so about the same outcome.  But point well taken it only matters to those who care about pools on a possibly cool route. 

14 hours ago, CherylFP said:

Hi

im trying to decide on a cruise around the British Isles. These two ships have a similar itinerary. Any recommendations would be most appreciated. Kind regards Cheryl

If you do a search on this Celebrity thread and the Princess thread, you will find many comparisons between the two cruise lines.  

I have cruise on the Emerald twice (a sister ship to the Crown).  I have cruised on the Reflection twice (and other Solstice Class ships many times)

I would not hesitate to book either one.

I recommend that you look closely at the prices and what is included.  Celebrity pricing models (two perks, four perks, etc.) typically includes more.  Princess has the Sip and Sail promotion annually which closes the gap somewhat.  I usually find Celebrity provides more value.

Here is my summary/comparison.

Princess’s Crown

Pro’s

1.  Better and more varied entertainment.  Shows in different venues.

2.  Less expensive drinks if not on a package.

3.  Less expensive Speciality Restaurant charges.

4.  Movies under the Stars if you like that kind of thing (I do not)

5. Self service Laundromat. (Not that I use it)

Con’s

1.  The main theater is undersized.  Finding a seat even when you come early is a challenge.

2.  The drink package does not include can soda only fountain soda.

3.  The ship is the older design.  For Princess the Royal and Regal are more like the Reflection.

4.  The buffet area is closed in and chopped up.

5.  The Sanctuary (outdoor covered area) costs extra and does not have a pool on the same level.

Reflection

Pro’s

1.  The Oceanview buffet are is open and varied.

2.  The Main Theater is very large.  Unless you come close to show time, you can find a seat.

3.  The Solarium is an excellent covered pool area for no extra charge.

4.  The Speciality Restaurant are excellent and varied.

5.  The drinks available are expansion and the package allows you to upgrade and pay the difference.  They include can soda.

6.  The Solstice Class is a much newer design.  (Although the Edge is now the newest) similar to the Royal and Regal.

7.  A lot of places to relax around the ship.

8. The Sunset Bar is an excellent place to enjoy a cocktail outside at any time of day.

Con’s

1.  The Speciality Restaurant coverage charges are high.

2. Older crowd from my experience.

If the value is the same, I would recommend the Reflection.