Cruise Critic Community
Scrapnana

ms Volendam in Port Everglades April 18, 2019

Posted (edited)

Another ship leaves Fort Lauderdale for the season with the departure of Volendam.  She will be at pier 26 (port to) from 0530-1600.  She is headed out on a 17-day cruise to San Francisco (or 20 days to Vancouver) in preparation for her Alaska season.

Cruise Itinerary:  Cartagena, Colombia (21 Apr 0700-1300); Panama Canal (Cruising Canal) (22 Apr 0500-0500); Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica (24 Apr 0800-1800); Corinto, Nicaragua (25 Apr 1000-1700); Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala (26 Apr 0800-1800); Puerto Chiapas, Mexico (27 Apr 0800-1700); Huatulco, Mexico (28 Apr 0800-1700); Manzanillo, Mexico (30 Apr 0800-1700); Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (01 May 0800-1500); Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (02 May 0800-1700); San Francisco, California (05 May a0800)

33754853808_fb1d9b98ea_o.jpg

Also in port are Celebrity Infinity at pier 19 from 0545-1600, Majesty OTS at pier 18 from 0615-1600, and Pearl Mist at pier 21 arriving at 0900 and overnighting in FLL.

The PTZtv webcams can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/ and https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/.

Next up:  Zuiderdam and Nieuw Statendam on Sunday, 21 April.

Edited by Scrapnana

Thank you for the reminder.

I was up at 5:30 this morning as this was garbage day and they always come here early.  Hope I wake up in time to see the Volendam sail in.

If she sails befor 5PM EDT, I can be here.

48 minutes ago, ski ww said:

Volendam arriving

Allen, Welcome Back.

Roy

Ir is nice to see the Volendam sitting in the harbor.  We will not see her for quite a few months.  we will see her in Alaska.

So far there is no change in schedule.  All three still on for 1600.

I'll be here for a while.  I'm going to get my hair cut at 3 - I last got it done before we went to get on the Prinsendam (mid-February) in BA and I'm finally needing another cut.  She really chopped it all off, I won't get that done again...

Lots of ships are coming to the west coast - we had our first cruise ship of the season last week - the Celebrity Eclipse. I haven't been checking Juneau, but I guess it will be busy soon.

2 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Really nice day in FLL/PE as it is here in SoCal

I talked to my TA today (Tampa area) and she indicated they expect heavy rain tomorrow.

Roy