BOGO no longer an option in cruise planner

Hi all,

I am on a 6 day Explorer cruise in October and for the first time prebooked a specialty dining package.  I booked the BOGO offer as it was great value.  However, this option has disappeared for the cruise planner and the only options are individual bookings, a 3 day dining package and the new Ultimate dining package.  

Is the BOGO promotion for a limited time and does it sell out?  It still shows up as a purchased item in my cruise calendar so I think I am good. I guess I just want to know if it will be available for future cruises.  

Also, I may also book the 3 day as it is a good price too.  Is this something that I can do or will the first day, prebooked restaurant overlap for the 2 packages? (I hope that is clear) I don't go to specialty dining often but I am cruising more than I used to and want variety.

Thanks,

Kathy

33 minutes ago, cruisekap said:

Also, I may also book the 3 day as it is a good price too.  Is this something that I can do or will the first day, prebooked restaurant overlap for the 2 packages?

You should not buy the BOGO and 3 night dining.

When booking the 3 night or 5 night packages you must use either night 1 or night 2.

37 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

When booking the 3 night or 5 night packages you must use either night 1 or night 2.

Thanks.  I will keep the BOGO package and wing the rest on board.  Likely MDR/Windjammer for the balance of the cruise.   

10 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

BOGO comes and goes as it is a sale.  Book if you like it and cancel later if you change your mind.

Never bought the Anthem BOGO as it was $49.99 pp and I can get a better bang for the buck with the D+ BOGO.  When I sailed on the Feb. 2 Symphony sail it was $40 pp and got a very good return with meals at Chop's and Hooked Seafood.

6 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Hi we are on Explorer right now. We pre booked the 3 night package. Day we boarded we headed to book our 3 days and had no problem with the first booking being for night 4. YMMV but that’s my experience this week.

• Like 1

We are on Jewel OTS in September. The BOGO package was showing up until two days ago. I just called Royal Caribbean and the rep told me that she thought this had been a limited time offer that was no longer available. That would make sense as so many people are no longer seeing it. 

1 minute ago, MaryBCruisin said:

It says night 1 or 2, does that mean they decide if you are booked for night 1 or 2?  I'd like to do that BOGO or 3-night, but I really like the dining room or CK on the first night.

When you book it you choose night 1 or 2 and the time.

3 hours ago, cruisekap said:

Hi all,

I am on a 6 day Explorer cruise in October and for the first time prebooked a specialty dining package.  I booked the BOGO offer as it was great value.  However, this option has disappeared for the cruise planner and the only options are individual bookings, a 3 day dining package and the new Ultimate dining package.  

Is the BOGO promotion for a limited time and does it sell out?  It still shows up as a purchased item in my cruise calendar so I think I am good. I guess I just want to know if it will be available for future cruises.  

Also, I may also book the 3 day as it is a good price too.  Is this something that I can do or will the first day, prebooked restaurant overlap for the 2 packages? (I hope that is clear) I don't go to specialty dining often but I am cruising more than I used to and want variety.

Thanks,

Kathy

We always get the BOGO and a 3 or 5 night package.  We have never used the packages on day 1 or 2.  Easy to change nights after you board. Packages do disappear and reappear in your cruise planner.

BOGO dining is no longer showing for my Adventure cruise in November. UDP and 3-night packages are still showing.

As an aside, since yesterday the Key is still visible in the cruise planner but is greyed-out and says "sold out".

2 hours ago, newxmascruiser said:

Hi we are on Explorer right now. We pre booked the 3 night package. Day we boarded we headed to book our 3 days and had no problem with the first booking being for night 4. YMMV but that’s my experience this week.

Right....

I keep having to remind myself every once in a while on this forum...

"RCI" = Really Consistently Inconsistent"

p.s. You're on the relocation cruise? I'm betting they're allowing this on that sailing due to lack of Specialty Dining sales and bookings, and that would be the only reason

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

We always get the BOGO and a 3 or 5 night package.  We have never used the packages on day 1 or 2.  Easy to change nights after you board. Packages do disappear and reappear in your cruise planner.

See above .... "RCI" = Really Consistently Inconsistent"

You must've been on sailings where Specialty Dining was not popular.

Terms and conditions for both 3 and 5 night packages... and note the bottom underlined fine print regarding the BOGO (or any other offer) disappearing from your cruise planner:

*Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation must be used on the first or second night of the sailing. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $35 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience and Mystery Dinner Theater. Offer provides discount off wine selections at specialty dining restaurants with the purchase of a qualifying dining package. Offer provides 40% discount off bottles of wine priced at $100 or less; 20% discount off bottles of wine priced over $100. VAT will be added to the price where applicable. Offer valid only with the purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Ultimate Dining Packages; other Dining Packages excluded. Terms of Royal Caribbean’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Offer is not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and expires on the final night of the cruise. Terms of Dining Packages apply. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. ©2017 Royal Caribbean International. Ships’ registry: Bahamas.

This may not apply to your issue, but I noticed that when I purchase excursions from the cruise planner lately, they drop off my cruise planner when I go back in to look.. it wasn’t always that way, and it’s only recently that I noticed the difference. Maybe that’s why you don’t see your option, because you already bought it?

Hey Hoopster!!!   <<waving>>

There is another thread along the same lines and many have posted that they use their D+ on the first few nights and then use the Meal Deal (as I call it) on subsequent nights.

I have a 3n Meal Deal on Anthem in September - and I hope to use it later in the cruise!  Will post back.

Hugs

LB!

Just now, little britain said:

Hey Hoopster!!!   <<waving>>

There is another thread along the same lines and many have posted that they use their D+ on the first few nights and then use the Meal Deal (as I call it) on subsequent nights.

I have a 3n Meal Deal on Anthem in September - and I hope to use it later in the cruise!  Will post back.

Hugs

LB!

Hey LB! 😀  Hope things are well with you

Thx for this... I truly think it's ship dependent. Yes, post back and share your experience.

Nonetheless, I have always found on the sailings I've done anyways, that the D+ BOGO (which adds 18% grats) are worse value than the 3 or 5 night package. I haven't used my D+ BOGO in 2 years.

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

This may not apply to your issue, but I noticed that when I purchase excursions from the cruise planner lately, they drop off my cruise planner when I go back in to look.. it wasn’t always that way, and it’s only recently that I noticed the difference. Maybe that’s why you don’t see your option, because you already bought it?

This is another interesting occurrence, which I have also noticed. I have one excursion booked through the cruise planner for my next cruise. I can still see it when I log in on my desktop or my phone but when I log in on my tablet sometimes it is there and sometimes it is not.

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

Right....

I keep having to remind myself every once in a while on this forum...

"RCI" = Really Consistently Inconsistent"

p.s. You're on the relocation cruise? I'm betting they're allowing this on that sailing due to lack of Specialty Dining sales and bookings, and that would be the only reason

See above .... "RCI" = Really Consistently Inconsistent"

You must've been on sailings where Specialty Dining was not popular.

Terms and conditions for both 3 and 5 night packages... and note the bottom underlined fine print regarding the BOGO (or any other offer) disappearing from your cruise planner:

*Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation must be used on the first or second night of the sailing. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $35 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience and Mystery Dinner Theater. Offer provides discount off wine selections at specialty dining restaurants with the purchase of a qualifying dining package. Offer provides 40% discount off bottles of wine priced at $100 or less; 20% discount off bottles of wine priced over $100. VAT will be added to the price where applicable. Offer valid only with the purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Ultimate Dining Packages; other Dining Packages excluded. Terms of Royal Caribbean’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Offer is not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and expires on the final night of the cruise. Terms of Dining Packages apply. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. ©2017 Royal Caribbean International. Ships’ registry: Bahamas.

Our last cruise was on the Symphony 12 night, ship was full.  We had the BOGO, the 3 night package, the 5 night package.  Used our first package night at Wonderland on night 3. As far as dining being slow, just the opposite, we met many in the Diamond Lounge who waited until the second day of the cruise to book dining and found almost no availability and were issued OBC if they wanted to cancel because of available times.  As I said before we have had a BOGO and a package on every cruise in the last 6 years, never used it on night 1 or 2. The exception was our last cruise on INDY, only had the BOGO and used it half way through the cruise.  Once onboard my wife takes care of all reservations,  I wait for her at Schooners or the Trellis bar. She must have a winning smile. happy cruising

43 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Our last cruise was on the Symphony 12 night, ship was full.  We had the BOGO, the 3 night package, the 5 night package....  As I said before we have had a BOGO and a package on every cruise in the last 6 years, never used it on night 1 or 2.

Why didn't you save money and purchase the UDP? Interesting that not once have you ever been challenged regarding not booking night #1 or #2. I guess I should try it sometime.

My Harmony sailing was also full, couldn't book anything after 5:30pm or before 9pm the entire cruise as of day #2... it's ship dependent, and makes sense with so many options to dine that the big ships will fill up. My Allure last year was pretty full as well during peak times by the end of the cruise. However on Radiance Class or Voyager Class for example, on a 7+ day sailing with only Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi, I've never  witnessed the restaurants totally full at peak times, especially later in the cruise.