Way too early to speculate about our CB cruise being cancelled, but

voljeep

That being stated ... is there a Princess "policy" for these situations as to refunds , future cruise credits or

'move overs' ?  I'm fully aware that this is the last thing that Princess hopes - cancelling a cruise

but RCCL and to cancel 3 when the crane fell on their ship and I read that the passengers got a

full refund... obviously ... and a 100% future cruise credit for the cruise fare paid

just way to early wondering for a cruise 25 days out, but after reading a couple of posts

about the CB this morning ...

If a cruise is cancelled you will receive all your money back including EZ Air and most likely non EZ Air. You may also receive a credit in the amount of the fare for a future cruise. It depends. I don't think there is any standard published policy.

• Like 2

So if Princess has to cancel any cruises due ro a longer than expected drydock ... they will issue a full credit to all impacted passengers and likely cover any air change fees or penalties associated with prepaid hotels.  As a bonus, they'll give those impacted an IOU for a barrel chair and extra butter on their next Princess cruise.

Seriously, I don't believe Princess ought to both refund the cancelled cruise fare AND issue a 100 percent credit for a future sailing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

What happened? Did the Caribbean have a crane fall on it? 

the CB is in Freeport at a boatyard for drydock/repairs ... it is the same boatyard where a crane recently fell on

a RCCL ship that was damaged , cancelling 3 future cruises for that ship ... it was also reported damage to the boatyard facility itself ..

55 minutes ago, john_galt said:

Caribbean Princess is in Freeport for long-needed attention to her propulsion system. 

I hope they fix their generator capacity to increase the air conditioning system accordingly. 

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

You are going to drive yourself nuts.  🤪

Voljeep, if you want to drive yourself even more nuts, consider the ship coming out of dry dock late and the cruise starts late and what happens then.  I can tell you from first-hand experience.

We were scheduled to do a BVE on the ISLAND on Dec 6, 2017 in FLL.  This was ahead of our trip around South America for 60-days that we did in winter 2018.  Had never been on that ship or the Coral.

The Island was in dry dock over in Bahamas just ahead of this cruise and there were delays.  We were contacted by Princess HQ and advised they were dropping us from the BVE.  I had to dig to find out why and it was because the ship was delayed and the cruise was going to begin one day later in Port Everglades.  I pushed back because we were in Florida at the time, just north of PE area about 1/2 hour and completely flexible.  Nope, going to be so busy with being late, etc, no resources to deal with you.  No problem, I said, we are very experienced Princess cruisers and I just want to check out the ship ahead of our big S.A. trip.  Sorry, no go.  

Since I had interest in the situation, I did follow the progress of the ship and what Princess was doing for passengers, many of whom were en route and not finding out the situation very much ahead of time.  I am sure you can find a thread on it here in CC.  Some people found hotel space, some people were able to add on an extra night where they were, and some were not finding space.  Princess arranged space in the convention center for folks to leave bags for the ship.  I am not sure if some didn't even stay there overnight.  There was compensation, but I don't recall the particulars.  

Bottom line is, you never know what might happen, but they will shorten a cruise before cancelling it if possible,

16 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Bottom line is, you never know what might happen, but they will shorten a cruise before cancelling it if possible,

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - as it's only 4 days ...

dear voljeep - due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control .. your cruise has been shortened to 3 days and going to Princess Cay instead of a late night in Cozumel ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

16 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Also wondering why the OP feels it might be canceled .... :classic_unsure:

from a previous thread , now on page 2 ...

My son works forSulza

They are working on the main propulsion she has two DC Motors 19000 kilowatts each side they have to strip out the stator and the job is massive dirty and dangerous they have to do this with the rotar in-situ and I can tell you now they are well behind time and up against it

As you probably know the power for these Motors comes from the generator Hooked Up to the main engines which are 11000 approximately kilowatts each I doubt very much this ship be anywhere near on time

she is supposed to be in dry dock but she's floating at the moment I just want my son to come back home safe this is one hell of a job I will keep you all posted

11 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Also wondering why the OP feels it might be canceled .... :classic_unsure:

OP is basing their "concerns" on the combined factors of (1) an RCI ship having to cancel its first three post drydock sailings after a crane accident at the same Freeport berth; and (2) reports being flooded to several of the other 'CB drydock' threads purportedly from the family of an engineer on site who has told them that in his opinion the likelihood of finishing the propulsion repairs on time is nil. 

I've been following pricing for this sailing, notorious last minute booker that I am, and new bookings continue to reduce availability every day even since the start of the drydock. Only the Obstructed OV cabins are at what one could call "sale" prices; unobstructed OVs now sold out, about 40-odd midship Insides available but only pennies cheaper than better cabins, still accepting balcony guarantees for the lower categories (on decks without other cabins both above and below) though a small handful of midship cabins on Aloha, Baja, and Caribe can be direct-selected. Minis and Suites long gone. 

So now what do I do? This thread seems to be nudging me towards booking: if somehow the cruise is cancelled the fare will come on and off my credit card in (hopefully) the same cycle at this point and I will have a (hopefully) generous FCC/OBC/partridge-in-a-pear-tree for my next cruise. Should the cruise go forward even if embarkation is delayed it is still four days (or a portion thereof) of someone else doing the cooking and cleaning with hopefully the day in Cozumel still on the agenda. Can't really lose either way.

• Like 2

It went over to the dry dock/wet dock on time and last I spoke to someone, there has been no emails sent out that there are any issues with what they are doing. 

If Princess cancels the cruise last minute, they will give a full refund, help with airfare and I'm sure more.  

Guess we sit and see what happens!

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 1

Don't sweat the small stuff;  You can not predict what will happen tomorrow; so if you worry about tomorrow; you only cause yourself heartburn and letdown.  If the ship is late or cruise cancelled; there is nothing you can do about that. Princess does not decide to extend a drydock in hopes of making passengers mad.  They would extend drydock to make sure the propulsion system is working and safety of vessel is good.  I've had trips cancel two days prior.  It happens and you adjust. I get why your are nervous; and this forum helps you vent. But reality is there too.  Princess will continue cruises on this ship when they feel it is safe to go back out on the ocean without compromising safety of the ship or passengers.  Happy Easter!

6 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

and this forum helps you vent. But reality is there too. 

vent? - where did that come from ???

7 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I've had trips cancel two days prior.  It happens and you adjust.

and since you opened the door ... what were the exact circumstances which your cruise was cancelled 2 days prior?

did you get a full refund , future cruise credit ???

RE-READ the opening statement ... that's what this thread is/was about - not me ...

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

vent? - where did that come from ???

and since you opened the door ... what were the exact circumstances which your cruise was cancelled 2 days prior?

did you get a full refund , future cruise credit ???

RE-READ the opening statement ... that's what this thread is/was about - not me ...

voljeep, maybe you took my reply differently;  you seem overly worried about CB not coming out of drydock; like I mentioned there is nothing you can do about that.  Secondly I never said cruse cancelled.  I said trip cancelled.  I was headed down south and a hurricane hit.  I got a call from  Delta and Hilton; Delta said they would not be flying into the city I was going to because of the Hurricane, and Hilton said the Hotel was flooded.  So I asked Delta if they would not charge me to change my ticket to another city and they said they would gladly book me to another city.  So I went on vacation but ended up in a different city than planned.  This was two days prior to leaving .  Sorry if I came across as not caring.  I love everyone on the forum.  I have learned so much and got a lot of inside information from these threads.  Happy Easter

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

??? because I bring up a what-if situation ??? dude ...

you mentioned in post #15;  that your son works for the company fixing the propeller system;  is he in Bahamas with the ship?