Here is the new platinum diamond gift for May

lele100

1 minute ago, Garth2 said:

If this is true, it will break the records for the cheapest and most unwanted gift they've ever offered.  There are many veteran Carnival guests who do not do lanyards.

I am one of those non-lanyard wearing Carnival vets! Most lanyards don't match my outfits! LOL

I could use this for work I guess, but it really isn't the best of the loyalty gifts they've had in the past. We really enjoyed our Tervis cup we got last week on the Paradise! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tandemcruzr said:

Won't be a keeper for us. We never have and never will wear a lanyard.  😞

Maybe we can put them on eBay for a ridiculous high price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Looks like all of the cruise lines are starting to give cheap gifts to their passengers. We were on the Allure of the Seas last week and I played trivia a few times. Get this...the winner got a key chain! Or a highlighter! WOW. I'd much rather have the "ship-on-a-stick" any day! But I've heard rumors that Carnival may be doing away with these as well.

32 minutes ago, Garth2 said:

If this is true, it will break the records for the cheapest and most unwanted gift they've ever offered.  There are many veteran Carnival guests who do not do lanyards.

Not really. did you ever see their blutooth speaker. a real piece of junk

1 hour ago, jordanaire said:

Looks like all of the cruise lines are starting to give cheap gifts to their passengers. We were on the Allure of the Seas last week and I played trivia a few times. Get this...the winner got a key chain! Or a highlighter! WOW. I'd much rather have the "ship-on-a-stick" any day! But I've heard rumors that Carnival may be doing away with these as well.

Where did you hear they were doing away with ships on a stick? They just came out with newly redesigned ships on a stick, which I saw for the first time on Horizon last month. I doubt Carnival would invest in a new design if they were planning to get rid of them. 

• Like 2

I haven't been that crazy about some of the gifts, but I'll never complain because, well, it's a gift.  Evidently some people hate lanyards, but there are people who like them - win some, lose some.  No way to please everyone. 

If I were CCL (or any other line) I'd stop with the free gifts.  I seldom hear anything but complaints, and I doubt that a gift or no gift would cause Platinums and Diamonds to quit sailing CCL.  Seems like a lot of $$ for little reward.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, sc4125 said:

I haven't been that crazy about some of the gifts, but I'll never complain because, well, it's a gift.  Evidently some people hate lanyards, but there are people who like them - win some, lose some.  No way to please everyone. 

If I were CCL (or any other line) I'd stop with the free gifts.  I seldom hear anything but complaints, and I doubt that a gift or no gift would cause Platinums and Diamonds to quit sailing CCL.  Seems like a lot of $$ for little reward.

I've made a suggestion to that effect twice in this thread and yet to receive one comment. Everyone seems so hung up on the cheap gift.

• Like 1

Well they are stupid and will definately be staying in the room when we leave. I have yet to receive anything worth keeping (with the exception of the Tervis). I really don't need these "gifts". They just take up room in my luggage and we only take carryon when we fly.