Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

28 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Looking at the currently available deck plans, I see some unlabeled restaurants

Deck 7 @ Splashaway Bay: 3 unnamed spaces. Maybe a Johnny Rockets, a Hotdog stand, and 2nd level of Playmakers

Near the Pearl = this is probably Pearl Cafe

Deck 8 Fwd - unnamed restaurant - Wonderland?

Aquatheater deck = unnamed food area could be Mason Jar near the theater.

There's an extra food icon inside Hooked, which I think could be Chef's Table.

And then an unnamed restaurant on the Starboard side = Portside BBQ?

There are also 3 small unnamed restaurant spaces just aft of the rock wall on deck 16.

For the other un-names restaurants in Surfside, this again could just be mockup but seems the dining just past the carousel, starboard side, is both an ice cream place and a counter-serve food place, possibly hot dogs or snadwiches?

image.thumb.png.dc567cd55701ff93d6c34a9e5d4aee82.png

image.thumb.png.726562251fe9f1871399c28c161241dd.png

20 minutes ago, robmtx said:

maximum passenger capacity of 7,600

Yikes, it's not that much bigger than Oasis class which tops out around 6700-6900 I think.

So add another 700 - 900 kids onboard in the summer time. 6300 on Oasis felt crowded.

Is 700 - 900 more kids meant to be worse than 700 - 900 more pensioners? 

28 minutes ago, little britain said:

I always said  it would be a couple of trade/media/pinnacle events then she would be outta there…. I never anticipated a revenue season starting in October. 

I know from your previous posts that is how you thought.  Many other I think read far to much into his comments.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Billy Baltic said:

Is 700 - 900 more kids meant to be worse than 700 - 900 more pensioners? 

The pensioners tend to take up fewer 3rd and 4th berths 🙂 

But to your point, they do take up all the seats at my Schooner Bar! 

The kids on the other seem to bond together to form gangs that run all over the ship.

Finally, I should say, I take part in both adults only cruising and family oriented cruising. We're bringing a pack of 4 kids with us next summer and I'm sure they'll from a gang in one of the neighborhoods by day 2!

2 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Dry Slide here but I can't find the other end of it lol

image.png.f3bb2443f02b1895ac69c22e33b1fe36.png

There's also one on Deck 16 near The Lime and Coconut.  That one might go all the way down into Central Park, but it seems like an odd place to put it.

I have a very odd observation...

I don't see any satellite or radar domes on the upper decks of Icon. I believe I counted seven on Wonder. Where are they hiding on Icon, or have they just erased them from the renderings to make the pool decks look nicer?

9 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

There's also one on Deck 16 near The Lime and Coconut.  That one might go all the way down into Central Park, but it seems like an odd place to put it.

The one on 16 also looks very small, my guess is it just goes down 1 level and lets out under that stairwell, so just a faster way for kids to go from 16 to 15.

There's no way that goes all the way down to deck 8, there would need to be a queue, maybe even mats for a dry slide that big.

image.png.e5ab809054df3975e11608d36e3d012b.png

Edited by jrapps

15 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Dry Slide here but I can't find the other end of it lol

image.png.f3bb2443f02b1895ac69c22e33b1fe36.png

I looked at the Surfside video and they don't show the slide.
In the construction plans (which may have changed over time):

surfside slide.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

1 hour ago, mook1525 said:

No rock-climbing, zip line, dry slide??

Good chance it will cost some money to do Crowns Edge. 

I wish there would be more free activities.

There is a rock climbing wall I believe. And also instead of a zip line they have that thing on the side of the ship that is part ropes course and zip line. Apparently the floor falls out on you when you get far enough along the course and the rest is a zip line. 

I am upset about the ship. Not that the clear intention was to cater to families. I am pissed that they didnt build the damn thing 30 years ago when I wasnt an old fart and could take advantage of it. This ship is a family vacation heaven. Damn shame my kids are grown up. But of course I can always take my grandkids on the vacation of a lifetime now. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Only time will tell, but IMHO, those mockup renderings feel to me like they were designed by kids for kids. Other than that "Pearl Cafe" and the "X Edge" cabins there is no place that feels like realistic cruise ship environment, appellative enough to anyone but those kids running the whole ship 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! I wouldn't say never, but for now, I'm out!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1