Harmony moving to Port Canaveral

Were sailing on the Harmony on 5/19/19 and by looking I think this might be the first sailing once the Harmony moves from FLL.  Wondering how smooth of a transition this will be.  We have the Key does anyone know how early they have been letting people board in Port Canaveral?  Thanks.

1 minute ago, CruiseMomTX said:

Were sailing on the Harmony on 5/19/19 and by looking I think this might be the first sailing once the Harmony moves from FLL.  Wondering how smooth of a transition this will be.  We have the Key does anyone know how early they have been letting people board in Port Canaveral?  Thanks.

The 1st sailing is May 6th. You'll be on the 4th sailing.

The first seven night sailing is May 12.    That is also the inaugural stop for Harmony at Coco Cay. 

Previously, the Oasis boarding often started around 11 AM. 

OP,  there should be no transition problems for your cruise. 

Enjoy

m

8 minutes ago, Artemus said:

I’ll be on her in August. Hopefully everything is settled down by then ‼️

If there is anything to be settled down, it will  likely be done by the second cruise on May 9. 

Oasis class ships have been sailing out of Port Canaveral for years.  I can’t imagine Harmony will be any different. 

M

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 6:18 PM, CruiseMomTX said:

We've done many cruises out of Port Canaveral, and did Oasis in 2017.  We were on board around 11:30 to 12:00.  We were in a suite, so that may have expedited us.  But it seemed very smooth.  Nice terminal.  And since Oasis has been there for a few years, shouldn't really make any difference that it will be replaced by Harmony. We drove to the port.  One cruise, getting into the parking lot was a total nightmare.  But the last cruise, no issue at all.  Other than that, everything was very smooth.  For me, Port Canaveral is the best run cruise port.  So hope this helps answer your question.  It also depends on the ship arriving on time, but you should be on board between 11 and 12 would be my guess. I'm sure there is updated info out there somewhere.

Edited by papaflamingo

1 hour ago, panzafit said:

Once she moves to Port Canaveral any cruise compasses for the Eastern 7 day would be greatly appreciated.

I am also asking for Eastern cruise compasses. We have a group going in October and want to plan our group activities and see when the various shows are scheduled. Thanks in advance.

Just now, Artemus said:

I’m also on her for 7 nights Eastern. I’m assuming 2nd night (coco cay)  is first formal night. Do youz guys think that is a safe assumption

I'd say night 2 is a very safe assumption.

T-MINUS ONE-WEEK: Excitement is abound here at Port Canaveral as we prepare to welcome our 2 new homeported ships. On May 6, Royal Caribbean International's Harmony of the Seas, the 2nd largest cruise ship in the WORLD, will begin sailings. On the same day, Mariner of the Seas, fresh from a multi-million dollar upgrade, will also set sail. We are planning a celebration Monday 5/6 at 3:30-5pm at Jetty Park to "wave-out" the ships as they set sail. Please come join us!

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

T-MINUS ONE-WEEK: Excitement is abound here at Port Canaveral as we prepare to welcome our 2 new homeported ships. On May 6, Royal Caribbean International's Harmony of the Seas, the 2nd largest cruise ship in the WORLD, will begin sailings. On the same day, Mariner of the Seas, fresh from a multi-million dollar upgrade, will also set sail. We are planning a celebration Monday 5/6 at 3:30-5pm at Jetty Park to "wave-out" the ships as they set sail. Please come join us!

Will you be going to Jetty Park?

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:49 PM, BirdTravels said:

We’ll be on the May 6th cruise, the first cruise out of her new home port (after the 1 night repositioning from FLL). 

Is it possible to book on that one night? I don't see it on the RC site.