Help with Room Selection

Looking to book Oasis of the Seas for December 2020. There is 4 of us.  Me, DH and 2 kids in college.   We have been on the Allure but it was many years ago and pretty sure we did an inside cabin on Deck 8 by Central Park.

We have cruised a lot with Carnival and are used to their setup and normally get a balcony on the Lido Deck.  Very convenient to everything.

Oasis is so much bigger and spread out.  I think I have it narrowed down to either a Ocean View Balcony (although I have no idea on what deck) or Boardwalk Balcony - those look fun for people watching and can still see the ocean.    Everyone seems to say to get furthest back AFT of these so I found some cabins on Deck 8 that are back pretty far.  What is on Deck 7 Below?  When I look at the deck plans it only shows a few cabins and then white space and I have no idea what it is?

I would like to book this but keep going back and forth on what view and what deck that I just confuse myself more...There is just too many choices.. Looking for any and all input and see if I can finally make a decision. Family is of no help - they just say to book whatever I want.  UGHH!!!

Deck 7 on the Boardwalk has some view staterooms, no balconies, but a view out to the Boardwalk.

Our choice would be an oceanview balcony on deck 8 or deck 9, near one of the elevator lobbies.

We've never done a boardwalk balcony but I've also read that if you do, going further aft may give you a view of the aqua theater.

Personally, I prefer ocean view balconies (in fairness I've never stayed in anything else so I may not be giving the best opinion 😛) But with the Oasis class I strongly encourage getting a cabin near the elevators. We are two able bodied ad somewhat active people so walking is not an issue, but if you are truly midship or very aft on the Oasis then you are walking down a very long hallway to get to your cabin. We also avoid being right under the pool deck just to try and avoid early morning noise. We did get a cabin right under the lido on the Allure but we lucked out that it was under the scuba place so noise was a non issue. On any ship we like to be in somewhat of a middle deck near the elevators/stairs. That way we're only a few flights up or down to where we want to go and takes away excuses of using the stairs more.

Not sure what the white space is on deck 7. My guess it's part of the venues on deck 6.  Doubt it'll cause any noise issue, but can't say for sure. 

We are fans of Ocean View Balconies.  We did a Boardwalk Balcony on Allure a few years ago.  I enjoyed it. We were on Deck 12 and fairly far forward. I can't remember the cabin number, I think around 12303 or so. We were just below the Zip line landing area and back a cabin or so.  I enjoyed it.  We could see the ocean, but it would be better farther aft.  But I enjoyed watching the people, etc.  We made sure to be at least 2 decks below the sports deck for noise.  Also being a higher deck, I think it might have made it a bit quieter.  We heard the music at the Aquatheater one night during a 60's dance party.  I sat out on the balcony and listened to the music and watched the people.  So all in all I liked it.  But we will likely only do Ocean View Balconies as I enjoy the solitude and the view.  

If you decide on Boardwalk, I'd go a few decks higher.  Not sure it matters, but it might.  

Ocean View, as others have said, deck 8 or 9 for access to so much of the ship.

Thanks everyone. So consensus seems to be Ocean View over Boardwalk.  I am also thinking Deck 8 as Central Park is there and close to their eating place.  I know on Carnival I try to stay away from the elevators as it can get noisy.  Is this the same on here or are they closed/blocked off by doors?

Just now, LynnTH said:

Thanks everyone. So consensus seems to be Ocean View over Boardwalk.  I am also thinking Deck 8 as Central Park is there and close to their eating place.  I know on Carnival I try to stay away from the elevators as it can get noisy.  Is this the same on here or are they closed/blocked off by doors?

No noise issues from the elevators.  When you get on the ship, you will see the distance between the elevators and staterooms.    It's a wide ship.

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

No noise issues from the elevators.  When you get on the ship, you will see the distance between the elevators and staterooms.    It's a wide ship.

We had oceonview balcony cabin 8568 on Allure,twice on Harmony and I booked the same cabin number for my niece on Oasis.

Fantastic location close to the elevators but absolutely no noise and yards away from Central Park.

Edited by grapau27

Looks like I can get Forward or Aft without any additional cost (mid was $300 more). They have Cabin 8682 open which looks more towards Mid and close to elevators.  Thinking this might be a good choice?

1 hour ago, driftersdream said:

All 4 in the same stateroom?

7 minutes ago, LynnTH said:

Looks like I can get Forward or Aft without any additional cost (mid was $300 more). They have Cabin 8682 open which looks more towards Mid and close to elevators.  Thinking this might be a good choice?

Cabin would be a good choice/location but connecting door would not be something I would choose ... but will your two collage age kids be ok sharing the small sofa bed?

Edited by Ashland

5 minutes ago, LynnTH said:

Nice location, but I don't like the connecting door.

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Cabin would be a good choice/location but connecting door would not be something I would choose ... but will your two collage age kids be ok sharing the small sofa bed?

They are used to us all being in one room.  So even though not ideal - we make it work.  More vacations that way...

On Carnival we had a couch/bed and then a bunk above it - so they both had their own space.  Doesn't look like RCCL has that unless you have 5 in a room.  Is that correct?

2 minutes ago, LynnTH said:

On Carnival we had a couch/bed and then a bunk above it - so they both had their own space.  Doesn't look like RCCL has that unless you have 5 in a room.  Is that correct?

Take a look at the deck plan:https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/oasis-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1859/08

Staterooms with a solid diamond symbol have one pullman and a sofabed.  Like 8678.

I don’t want to add to your dilemma but a couple of things to consider:

Boardwalk balcony rooms have “Dine Drink Discover” package which includes 2 soda packages which might interest your family.  It’s a bit noisier than the ocean view balcony but not that much IMHO and it’s fun to watch the aqua shows and movies from your own balcony.

Have you tried costing out 2 interior rooms? If similar to an ocean view balcony for 4, it might be worth the loss of the balcony for more space, proper beds, extra bathroom, and privacy.

33 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Take a look at the deck plan:https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/oasis-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1859/08

Staterooms with a solid diamond symbol have one pullman and a sofabed.  Like 8678.

Thanks. Looks like we may have a few options. I figured all the ones with the Pullman were for those with 5 in the cabin.  Could do 2 Inside Cabins for about the same price - no connecting cabins with 2 in each room but could be next to each other.  Would be nice to have connecting to go back and forth.  More research to do..

10 minutes ago, Lv2sail_18 said:

I don’t want to add to your dilemma but a couple of things to consider:

Boardwalk balcony rooms have “Dine Drink Discover” package which includes 2 soda packages which might interest your family.  It’s a bit noisier than the ocean view balcony but not that much IMHO and it’s fun to watch the aqua shows and movies from your own balcony.

Have you tried costing out 2 interior rooms? If similar to an ocean view balcony for 4, it might be worth the loss of the balcony for more space, proper beds, extra bathroom, and privacy.

I saw that on the Boardwalk Balcony's.  Wish they would let you upgrade to the Refreshment package.  Carnival doesn't offer a package with non-alcoholic drinks so thought this might be fun to get at least for my Daughter and I.  She will be 19 so can't drink yet and I would only have a few.  My son will be 21 - not sure on the drink packages for him and my husband either if they go on sale.  So, if we were in 2 separate rooms we could split up having to all get the drink packages too.

We were posting at the same time about 2 inside cabins.  That may be the way to do it.  Sometimes it costs a lot more but this time it would be close to getting the same a balcony. 

Remember if only one in a cabin wants the drink package the other one will need to at least buy the refreshment package...So this could work out well for you.. Best of luck !

Your kids are old enough that connecting rooms shouldn't be an issue.  Plus you can get extra key cards to get into each other's rooms, if you want, from Guest Services.  

If the pricing is close, I'd go for two insides instead of all four in one balcony.  That extra bathroom makes a huge difference, as does the extra space.  You can always go out on deck if you want to look at the ocean.  

5 hours ago, LynnTH said:

I saw that on the Boardwalk Balcony's.  Wish they would let you upgrade to the Refreshment package.  Carnival doesn't offer a package with non-alcoholic drinks so thought this might be fun to get at least for my Daughter and I.  She will be 19 so can't drink yet and I would only have a few.  My son will be 21 - not sure on the drink packages for him and my husband either if they go on sale.  So, if we were in 2 separate rooms we could split up having to all get the drink packages too.

We were posting at the same time about 2 inside cabins.  That may be the way to do it.  Sometimes it costs a lot more but this time it would be close to getting the same a balcony. 

When I was travelling with my kids/young adults I booked connecting inside cabins for space and 2 bathrooms.  I have also booked a balcony with an inside across.  Both options worked well.  If I remember correctly, 2 inside rooms were around the same as having 4 people in a balcony.  

7 hours ago, LynnTH said:

Thanks. Looks like we may have a few options. I figured all the ones with the Pullman were for those with 5 in the cabin.  Could do 2 Inside Cabins for about the same price - no connecting cabins with 2 in each room but could be next to each other.  Would be nice to have connecting to go back and forth.  More research to do..

We have only 3 in our room and got a stateroom with both a pullman bed and sofa bed. Nothing on the web site stops that. This will be our first time on Royal Caribbean and want both bed options available.