Montreal is out for awhile

DocJohnB

11 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Lake Ontario is super high right now.  There were a few more downpours since this data came in.  Wind and waves were high yesterday and the spray from them crashing on the shore reached at least 20’ high.  I would be surprised if the next two embarkations/disembarkations were in Montreal.

The Lake is getting higher.  Like you, I would be very surprised if any  embarkations/disembarkations were in Montreal for a while.  I was at the lake Ontario on Friday.  It was high.

Lake Ontario is half a meter higher than usual (1 meter =39”) and still rising.  Lake Erie is still rising too and overflowing into Lake Ontario.  It rained all day Monday and most of this morning.  Our ground is absolutely saturated.  

16 hours ago, Master98 said:

Any update if the turnaround will be in Quebec City or in Montreal on Saturday?

If I was betting, I’d say no and would probably win 😉 

It’s bad and the flooding is increasing not decreasing.  I would plan on Quebec if I were in your shoes.

10 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Lake Ontario is half a meter higher than usual (1 meter =39”) and still rising.  Lake Erie is still rising too and overflowing into Lake Ontario.  It rained all day Monday and most of this morning.  Our ground is absolutely saturated.  

I know, it’s really bad.  A bad sign is when the army has to be called to help evacuate people.

Our water is high too here.  And flooding has happened already.  The last thing we need is the rain today and tomorrow 😞 

If we take a bus from Montreal to Quebec on Saturday, May 18th do we spend 2 days in Quebec, or will it leave the next day to give us another sea day?  We are supposed to have a sea day between Montreal and Quebec.

2 hours ago, sptree said:

If we take a bus from Montreal to Quebec on Saturday, May 18th do we spend 2 days in Quebec, or will it leave the next day to give us another sea day?  We are supposed to have a sea day between Montreal and Quebec.

Montreal and Quebec are pretty close to each other.  There is no sea day between them.  The ship is scheduled to depart Montreal at 4:00 pm on Saturday and arrive in Quebec City at 7:00 am on Sunday.  There is a sea day between QC and Charlottetown, however.  Perhaps that is what you are thinking?

1 minute ago, *Miss G* said:

Yippeee!!!

It gives me hope that when I'm on this cruise next week that it will make it to Montreal and I won't have to worry about getting on a bus.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lij1972 said:

It gives me hope that when I'm on this cruise next week that it will make it to Montreal and I won't have to worry about getting on a bus.  

If your boarding is also at berth T3, then you may have a short bus ride from main terminal to the T3. High water in Montreal prevents the ship from going under Jaques-Cartier bridge. But a taxi could take you all the way as per "take a taxi to Terminal T3. Tell the driver to use the Pie-IX boulevard entrance to the Port of Montreal." That Pie-IX is pronounced locally as " Pie Neuf" where neuf  (noof) is french for the number nine. See the port of Montreal link above for the latest on your boarding day, T1 or T3.

Just off the Zaandam. We made it to Montreal but we had to dock at terminal 3 instead of Terminal 1. HAL provided shuttle busses to bring people to terminal 1 to meet up for shore excursions and the shuttles to the airport.  Captain Smit was amazing in manoeuvring the ship to pass under the bridge at Trois-Rivieres. The Captain needed 5 feet to clear the ship and it passed under the bridge with exactly 5 feet of clearance.  We received a letter on Wednesday letting us know of the terminal change and HAL provided passengers with free wifi for 24 hours for anyone who booked « independent disembarkation » to allow people the opportunity to adjust their travel arrangements. Terminal 3 is about 2 miles from terminal 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Himself said:

Id the water still to high for a ship to get to Montreal?

Currently on the Zaandam.  We are sailing for Montreal at 4:00 pm.  No word from Captain Smit, as yet, as to which terminal we will disembark at.

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Currently on the Zaandam.  We are sailing for Montreal at 4:00 pm.  No word from Captain Smit, as yet, as to which terminal we will disembark at.

Positive thoughts your way for Old Montreal.

Roy  

On 5/18/2019 at 9:33 PM, CDP Cruiser said:

Just off the Zaandam. We made it to Montreal but we had to dock at terminal 3 instead of Terminal 1. HAL provided shuttle busses to bring people to terminal 1 to meet up for shore excursions and the shuttles to the airport.  Captain Smit was amazing in manoeuvring the ship to pass under the bridge at Trois-Rivieres. The Captain needed 5 feet to clear the ship and it passed under the bridge with exactly 5 feet of clearance.  We received a letter on Wednesday letting us know of the terminal change and HAL provided passengers with free wifi for 24 hours for anyone who booked « independent disembarkation » to allow people the opportunity to adjust their travel arrangements. Terminal 3 is about 2 miles from terminal 1.

Were there taxis at the pier?