Dropping off carry ons

tapdancemom

It may depend on the ship.  We were able to so on the Edge and the X app indicates we can do the same in the Summit . Dropping off of the Carry Ons was not an option on the Eclipse in late March.

Maybe if you share what ship someone who has cruised on her recently can tell you.

As mentioned, it is dependent on the ship.  On one cruise, the doors to the hallway leading to the rooms were closed.  We were discouraged from entering.  However, on our last cruise, the doors were open and we were able to drop off a couple of items.  We immediately left the area so the room could be finished.

21 minutes ago, jelayne said:

It may depend on the ship.  We were able to so on the Edge and the X app indicates we can do the same in the Summit . Dropping off of the Carry Ons was not an option on the Eclipse in late March.

Maybe if you share what ship someone who has cruised on her recently can tell you.

We are sailing on the Solstice in two weeks. 

It has been my experience on the last three cruises - Eclipse - 2X and Equinox, that they don't let you into the cabins until they are ready - around 1:30pm.

I open those doors anyhow. I know where the cabin is before I do that and go there instantly. if anyone sees us and tries to stop us that is not a problem. I just let them know we are dropping off our luggage and leaving. never was told no. Some times it is the room steward and he will tell us if we can stay that the room is ready. The EDGE lets you go to the room when you board to drop off your luggage. nice.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

I suspect the renovated Summit and Millennium are just like the Edge where the seapass cards are not distributed in the terminal and you have to go to your cabin to get them !!!

1 hour ago, TommyD3 said:

I suspect the renovated Summit and Millennium are just like the Edge where the seapass cards are not distributed in the terminal and you have to go to your cabin to get them !!!

Not yet, but perhaps soon. We got our cards checking in at the terminal.

When we boarded the Summit, we went right to our rooms to drop off our backpacks before 12:00. We were among the first on the ship. It was still quiet. All the rooms in the area looked ready even though the official notice was not given until 1:00. Two room stewards were talking in the hallway. We gave them a polite smile and asked if we could drop off our backpacks and they said it was all right. A couple minutes later we were off to Oceanview Cafe.

Be advised that until the cabins are officially 'open' your items in your cabin are not necessarily secure.  We recently did a B2B and came back to our cabin early only to find the door propped open.  We were not happy as since we were B2B we had a number of items (Including a laptop) sitting around in our cabin.

27 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

....... We recently did a B2B and came back to our cabin early only to find the door propped open.  We were not happy as since we were B2B we had a number of items (Including a laptop) sitting around in our cabin.

But they leave doors propped open all the time when they are cleaning the cabins, not only on embarkation day.

• Like 1

On Silhouette, our cabin was just opposite the forward elevator. We dropped our carry ons in our cabin around 12:30. I left a note for the steward to let him know those were our bags in the closet and we would return to the cabin after muster. 

4 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Really?  How do you get in the room?

9 hours ago, fleckle said:

But they leave doors propped open all the time when they are cleaning the cabins, not only on embarkation day.

Yes, sometimes, but they are close by.  This time, there was no one anywhere around at all - anyone could have just walked in and taken whatever.

8 hours ago, shofer said:

Really?  How do you get in the room?

They are sealed (zippered so obvious if opened) in one of these envelopes in the mail holder outside the door.

And since some worry about someone else using their cards: There were directions to report to GS if the seal is broken. Everyone's picture pops up when they use the card, so it would be unlikely that anyone would be able to use it.

image.thumb.png.5ee5ba99ed024b84afaa1763c26feb86.png

image.thumb.png.1495b04495ae289ff15c095d1fea74f2.png