Solstice Revolution Photos

vtcruising

Maybe this flyer is out there, but it is the first time I have seen pictures of the new S Class Retreat, new S Class cabins including suites, updated S Class Sky Lounge, Gastrobar, etc. I like some changes, others not so much. I'm not sure, but I don't see the bar in MC, now Retreat Lounge - maybe it is around the corner? I hope it is there.  Sorry, if this is a repeat - I didn't see it anywhere when I searched, but I might have missed it. 🙂

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Revolution_ML_SM_EQ_5.6.2019.pdf

image.png.81f549951d1a45d0ebd4d5dd7c1ab07c.png

image.thumb.png.b338ca7d630d54469aaa0a4f26230248.png

Retreat:

image.thumb.png.62d2b57da78c7cd724d9585e33408a0a.png

image.thumb.png.b9ef023c549e6d09e507098da3b2338d.png

Edited by vtcruising

They had renderings on the regular Celebrity website but took them down shortly after the Equinox one got altered. There are screenshots in one of the Equinox threads. 

I did see another picture that showed all S class ships with the dark blue hull and the big X on the rear hump balconies like on Solstice. I like the way it looks myself. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

They had renderings on the regular Celebrity website but took them down shortly after the Equinox one got altered. There are screenshots in one of the Equinox threads. 

I did see another picture that showed all S class ships with the dark blue hull and the big X on the rear hump balconies like on Solstice. I like the way it looks myself. 

Thanks! There are so many threads I must have missed the pictures. 🙂

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks! There are so many threads I must have missed the pictures. 🙂

They probably need to combine a few threads. There are 2 with the exact same title. It looks like the whole forward deck 15 area (current basketball court) got axed along with the hot tub which was sitting in the middle of the current basketball court. 

I have been waiting to book S Class until I saw some renditions. I totally missed seeing any pictures. I have been watching (but not closely enough). I like the cabins and the sky suite design. The balcony furniture for the sky suites look good (lounger, table), but who knows what they will end up with using (it changed from the renditions on the Edge sky suites). I am not a fan of of the look of the Retreat Lounge, but hopefully will be more comfortable than it looks. The retreat Sundeck does look nice. I like the purple/wine furniture in the Sky Lounge, though it looks a bit dark.

Just now, jelayne said:

Thanks for sharing this.  A lot to like but many of the chairs in both the staterooms and public spaces look really uncomfortable.

I know, the Retreat seating just doesn't do it for me....

I'm wondering how much stock we can put in these photos.  The retreat renderings of the MClass look nothing like the Summit, so I'm wondering how accurate the SClass is.    I was just on the Summit in a Suite.  I couldn't pull up the PDF since my work blocked it for some reason. 

I'm also hoping the Retreat Lounge on Solstice looks nothing like the photo.  It doesn't scream come in, sit down, relax and have a drink to me.  That long, narrow and low table doesn't look practical to me.  The round, armless chairs look very uncomfortable and not inviting.  I hope they're not like the little round armless chairs on the Summit that only a child could fit in.  Sorry, but everyone knows on here I'm definitely not a Kelly Hoppen fan by any means. 

I hope they leave the storage exactly as it was in a sky suite on solstice since there was quite a lot with all the wardrobes and many deep draws.  Plenty of counter space too. 

Well, once again, I will be on the second sailing of a revolutionized ship.  We are not staying in a suite this time.  We cancelled our suite after the Summit.  We booked a veranda guarantee a few days ago and received a 1A.  We used certificates we had so the cruise pretty much cost nothing except for taxes, fees and gratuities.  I won't have anything to compare our cabin to since we've only sailed in Suites on the SClass and have never been in the MDR except for a muster.  I hear the Equinox revolution is scaled back anyway due to incident in the Bahamas. 

20 minutes ago, gordylad said:

nice photos and a few stating Excluding Equinox for example....."NEW! DEN ON 7 – REPLACING TEAM EARTH".........

What do you think of this as far as noise?  Our cabin is on deck 7 on the slant just outside of the new "Den".  Wondering if we should switch cabins. 

35 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I'm wondering how much stock we can put in these photos. 

I would say the concept is accurate...but final execution is up in the air. Especially now since they are 8-9 months away from the first S class ship to get the 'complete' Revolution treatment.  The S class veranda cabin rendering says new carpet and upholstery is coming, but the pic clearly shows the current carpet and maroon colored sofa that is currently in place. 

• Like 1

I do have to say that I'm intrigued by the alcoves. They look cozy and have views of the ocean. I'm sure I would hit my head on those hanging lamps. 🙂   I will be interested to hear how people like them.

image.thumb.png.8d7111e3c5ecf3a0abb4cab7e36a20d5.png

31 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

What do you think of this as far as noise?  Our cabin is on deck 7 on the slant just outside of the new "Den".  Wondering if we should switch cabins. 

Interesting.... It's hard to say whether it will be a noisy space. It looks like it will be a nice place to read and chat with others, so hopefully a mellow area. With the self-opening and closing doors between those venues forward of the elevators, it's probably quiet, but who knows.

image.thumb.png.7dd4fd4b6afde29bd45a9acbe5780220.png

I've stayed out of the "how it looks" fray until now because I don't  judge well from pictures.

I will say though, I like the serenity of the cabin color update - the practicality of the furnishings remains to be seen, but IMHO, the only really comfortable outside chairs on any Celeb ships are the balcony chairs, so the much maligned "folding chairs" might be an improvement for me!

What I don't like is the general lack of shade on the Retreat Deck - yes it looks like there is a little bit, but I need reliable deep shade, and I doubt that I would claim one of the 3 or 4 tent things (i'd either be too polite to take something in short supply or I'd be worried everyone will be staring at me, LOL - "who's the VIP in the tent?"). I'm a little concerned looking at those pictures that we will go up to Deck 15, take one look around and have to go back down to good old Solarium. I do like the alcoves with the sea view.

Haven't been in Michael's so I don't know if the changes are good or bad or indifferent - is there a narrow hallway in there now as is depicted in the pictures? The big long sofa space may be a way to accomodate more people?

I know a lot of people have fussed about losing the forward view to the Retreat, but I have never seen more than a handful of people up on Deck 16, and a few more on 15 because of the sun and wind, etc. Won't it help crowding on sea days if those areas are more utilized?

I'm doing my first suite in August on Equinox, so it remains to be seen what does or doesn't get changed there. We are doing a suite on Reflection in late Nov, so I will have some perspective then... I am one of those folks with mixed feelings about suites and even about specialty dining - I think we lost something when we abandoned some of the old ways of cruising, things that set cruising apart from just staying in a hotel, and I truly think if the cruise line did not have to staff, do menus and stock for all the different "special" dining venues that the general food and service would be better - but that's obviously not what people want and not the case.

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

I've stayed out of the "how it looks" fray until now because I don't  judge well from pictures.

I will say though, I like the serenity of the cabin color update - the practicality of the furnishings remains to be seen, but IMHO, the only really comfortable outside chairs on any Celeb ships are the balcony chairs, so the much maligned "folding chairs" might be an improvement for me!

What I don't like is the general lack of shade on the Retreat Deck - yes it looks like there is a little bit, but I need reliable deep shade, and I doubt that I would claim one of the 3 or 4 tent things (i'd either be too polite to take something in short supply or I'd be worried everyone will be staring at me, LOL - "who's the VIP in the tent?"). I'm a little concerned looking at those pictures that we will go up to Deck 15, take one look around and have to go back down to good old Solarium. I do like the alcoves with the sea view.

Haven't been in Michael's so I don't know if the changes are good or bad or indifferent - is there a narrow hallway in there now as is depicted in the pictures? The big long sofa space may be a way to accomodate more people?

I know a lot of people have fussed about losing the forward view to the Retreat, but I have never seen more than a handful of people up on Deck 16, and a few more on 15 because of the sun and wind, etc. Won't it help crowding on sea days if those areas are more utilized?

I'm doing my first suite in August on Equinox, so it remains to be seen what does or doesn't get changed there. We are doing a suite on Reflection in late Nov, so I will have some perspective then... I am one of those folks with mixed feelings about suites and even about specialty dining - I think we lost something when we abandoned some of the old ways of cruising, things that set cruising apart from just staying in a hotel, and I truly think if the cruise line did not have to staff, do menus and stock for all the different "special" dining venues that the general food and service would be better - but that's obviously not what people want and not the case.

I agree with many of your observations. I do like the colors - the verandas and sky suites (and what I can see of upper suites) look nice - no more orange!. At least there are what appears to be full size couches and a coffee table. I think I will like the design in the public spaces I have seen (except maybe some seating that might be less than comfortable).

The Retreat Lounge doesn't look that welcoming to me, but Kelly Hoppen design does look better in person, I have found, so will keep an open mind. I really hope they keep the bar there - we just didn't like the Edge Retreat Lounge as much without a free-standing bar - the rumor is that they will have one on the Apex. The Sundeck looks great - it looks like they tried to address the shade issue some.

Overall I think I like the changes for S Class staterooms (if as depicted) better than the M Class. I do like the public areas on M Class that were renovated.

Edited by vtcruising

Anyone know why so many upgrades are not being done to the Equinox.  We sail in October and it looks like the sky suites are not being touched and no hot tub on the Retreat. Deck, no changes to sone lounges, no change to Oceanview Cafe etc.  Why bother calling it Revolutionized?

Edited by Champagne Cruiser
Typo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I do have to say that I'm intrigued by the alcoves. They look cozy and have views of the ocean. I'm sure I would hit my head on those hanging lamps. 🙂   I will be interested to hear how people like them.

image.thumb.png.8d7111e3c5ecf3a0abb4cab7e36a20d5.png

So far , not liking the look  of this space. Wonder if there will be enough shade or  wind block.  I think they could have been more creative with the lawn but went for the money angle. A few folks will pay to be exclusive while they could have made a nice  " free" area with shade, some Adirondack seating...

But we'll see it for ourselves eventually.

The den area looks very nice..cozy spot to read, perhaps?

46 minutes ago, Champagne Cruiser said:

Anyone know why so many upgrades are not being done to the Equinox.  We sail in October and it looks like the sky suites are not being touched and no hot tub on the Retreat. Deck, no changes to sone lounges, no change to Oceanview Cafe etc.  Why bother calling it Revolutionized?

Dry dock damaged in Freeport, ship had to sail to Cadiz Spain for the work...lost time at sea over and back to FLL.

This is a response to a FB message I sent to Celebrity:

Hello Mary Lou!
• We have some important information to provide regarding your upcoming Caribbean Vacation aboard Celebrity Equinox.

• As you may know, we’re revolutionizing our entire fleet with a $500 million makeover and a team of more than 500 of the world’s best architects, designers, and engineers. We’re using new technology and design concepts that will change the way you experience the world on a Celebrity vacation.

• The Celebrity Equinox was scheduled to begin her Revolution on May 4th, however, due to the collapse of a side-wall within the Grand Bahama shipyard dry dock structure it became necessary for us to relocate the Equinox to a shipyard in Cadiz, Spain.

• All Equinox voyages will remain as scheduled starting June 1st out of Fort Lauderdale, however, the change in shipyard venue has made it necessary to postpone the addition of the new Reflection Suite, five Signature Suites and eight inside staterooms.

• We are happy to advise, Equinox will still receive The Retreat, our exclusive experience available to every suite class guest including The Retreat Sundeck, The Retreat Lounge and our private restaurant, Luminae, featuring Daniel Boulud signature dishes.

• We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. We know how important your vacation time is, and we want to do everything we can to help re-accommodate you for an unforgettable Celebrity Cruises vacation.

3:51 PM

Thank you for this detailed response. However, my specific question was regarding the refurbishment of the suites, specifically the Royal Suites. Will they get new furniture, carpeting, etc.?

Suites will receive new balcony furniture, cashmere mattress and exterior plants. No refurbishments to suites with Kelly Hoppin design.

7:02 PM

Thank you, I hope the balcony furniture is functional, i.e. a table that will accommodate room service.

Of course! We would want to make sure these little changes will make our guests happy.

Chat Conversation End

Type a message...

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

The Retreat Lounge doesn't look that welcoming to me, but Kelly Hoppen design does look better in person, I have found, so will keep an open mind. I really hope they keep the bar there - we just didn't like the Edge Retreat Lounge as much without a free-standing bar - the rumor is that they will have one on the Apex. The Sundeck looks great - it looks like they tried to address the shade issue some.

Overall I think I like the changes for S Class staterooms (if as depicted) better than the M Class. I do like the public areas on M Class that were renovated.

Having not been in Michaels before, it is hard to say about the Lounge, that long narrow sofa looks like a attempt to seat more people in a similar space. If there is no bar at all and someone has to fetch the drinks from Ensemble, what’s the point? On our last cruise we saw waitstaff come out from Michaels and get drinks at Ensemble, then go back. We thought that was typically blender drinks or unusual things?

If that is more shade than what the deck originally had or has on Edge, I’m out of luck, because I need full length shade, LOL. Someone pictures from Millenium looked like it would just work for me. We will just have to wait and see.

22 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'm so happy they are going ahead with exterior plants.  My vacation won't be ruined!

Plants?  On balconies? Like the ones  that blew down  all over on EDGE?

Idiots!

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Having not been in Michaels before, it is hard to say about the Lounge, that long narrow sofa looks like a attempt to seat more people in a similar space. If there is no bar at all and someone has to fetch the drinks from Ensemble, what’s the point? On our last cruise we saw waitstaff come out from Michaels and get drinks at Ensemble, then go back. We thought that was typically blender drinks or unusual things?

Most drinks are made at the bars in the S Class MC, but they have to go out to get some drinks, such as to the Cafe al Bacio to get a drink made with ice cream or the Ensemble to get something they didn't have.

On the Edge, there was a place to prepare drinks in a kitchen/prep area behind a door. Servers would rove through the lounge taking orders and then go behind the door to make them or have them made. It is hard to tell if the S Class still has the bar post-Revolution since it could be around the corner (the room is L-shaped and only part of the lounge is visible in the picture). Hopefully it is still there and hopefully continues to have comfortable bar stools.

You may be right about them wanting to have more seating with the bench seating, since there are added suites. It will likely look better in person. 🙂