No upgraded Bathroom Amenities on Freedom

Just came back from B2B on the Freedom of the Seas, in Junior Suite

We stayed many times in JS on Oasis class  and always received upgraded Bathroom Amenities

But on Freedom after asking for it from Guest Services and Room  attendant Supervisor we were told because the price for the Cruise on Freedom is cheaper than on Oasis Class

We don't get the Upgraded Bathroom Amenities. is any body had the same experience? that is not consistent with the published policy

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

White tubes are the upgrades for a JS

Yep and we get them on every ship class we've been on in a JS or higher.  Not that I use them lol.  I bring my own as do a lot of people.

48 minutes ago, rozen said:

Just the regular that comes with every stateroom, don't know the name

There are no amenities (besides bars of soap and the combo shampoo/conditioner in the shower) for non-suite staterooms, so if you got any small containers of shampoo, lotion, etc., then you got the upgraded amenities.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

There are no amenities (besides bars of soap and the combo shampoo/conditioner in the shower) for non-suite staterooms, so if you got any small containers of shampoo, lotion, etc., then you got the upgraded amenities.

We don't usually do JS but almost always get the white tubes. Does it have anything to do with loyalty status or have we just had exceptional cabin attendants? 😂

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I know what I was supposed to get I am also Diamond Plus with over 340 points

and was specifically told that only on Freedom you don't get it

2 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

We don't usually do JS but almost always get the white tubes. Does it have anything to do with loyalty status or have we just had exceptional cabin attendants? 😂

Upgraded amenities are also giving to C&A members with 340 points and above.

24 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Upgraded amenities are also giving to C&A members with 340 points and above.

Still not us. Guess we've just had great cabin attendants  🙂

43 minutes ago, rozen said:

I know, But not on Freedom

Gotta be persistent.  Have the room attendant talk to the floor supervisor, and point out them that this is the only ship in the fleet that does not offer the upgrade.  BTW, the excuse for the cost is pretty lame- we have sailed cheaper for longer on other ships and still have gotten the upgrade.  Just off the Grandeur and got them.

And we've pointed out to the C&A supervisor that the white tubes are not upgrades for JS guests- they are what you get normally.  So it's not quite right to offer a benefit that you don't get.  

So far, we've always gotten the upgrade, in spite of people pretending that they are bending over backwards to provide what we normally get on every other ship.  I always comment on that in the survey that they should not do that.  

Edited by alfaeric

3 minutes ago, mcoler181 said:

What are these white tubes you speak of?

Small tubes of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion.  Normally only given to those with 340 points or more and guests in JS staterooms.

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Small tubes of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion.  Normally only given to those with 340 points or more and guests in JS staterooms.

So these amenities are only given to folks Diamond + and above or suite guests?   Am I misunderstanding the points level.  If one obtains Diamond + at 175 points and doesn't reach Pinnacle until 700, why do they start this about 1/3 of the way through Diamond+. It seems an unusually arbitrary place to start a benefit. 
I am not as frequent a cruiser as many, so maybe I am missing something.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

So these amenities are only given to folks Diamond + and above or suite guests?   Am I misunderstanding the points level.  If one obtains Diamond + at 175 points and doesn't reach Pinnacle until 700, why do they start this about 1/3 of the way through Diamond+. It seems an unusually arbitrary place to start a benefit. 
I am not as frequent a cruiser as many, so maybe I am missing something.

Royal has had three unnamed levels of Diamond Plus for as long as I can remember.  Right now those levels are 175, 340, and 525 points.  Each level adds a few more perks.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Just off the Harmony in a JS and did not look at the labels but we god small bottles of Body wash, shampoo etc, green and brown.  Not a clue what brand

I thought it said something like "Vitality".

Unless they've taken away the minor benefit for JS's of having the white tube's- they are the standard issue toiletries that you get in any JS.  Which means they are not an upgrade if you are in a JS.  Kind of odd that you spend money for a JS, and miss out on  a pretty cheap benefit.

For comparison, if you are staying in less than a JS without 340+ C&A status, you get the bulk dispenser bodywash/shampoo/clothes detergent that hangs on the wall in the shower. We brought our own everything.

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Royal has had three unnamed levels of Diamond Plus for as long as I can remember.  Right now those levels are 175, 340, and 525 points.  Each level adds a few more perks.

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Well since I’m currently at 52 points, it will be a LONG time until I get my tiny white tubes. LOL 

Thank you for the information though. I’m always learning something new here. 

• Thanks 1