Cabanas on Equinox

tkabrk1

1 minute ago, tkabrk1 said:

Are there Cabanas on Equinox (on the lawn) and if so how do you book/rent them?  TIA

Yes, they are new . For our June 1st cruise I found them  listed in cruise planner in the specialty dining section, why there I have no idea. 

1 hour ago, mari10 said:

Yes, they are new . For our June 1st cruise I found them  listed in cruise planner in the specialty dining section, why there I have no idea. 

Can you reserve a Cabana; or, are they a free for all?

For our June 29th sailing on Equinox, I also found them in Specialty Dining. Thanks for the tip on where to find them. It will be great to have a cabana a couple of days. Counting down to sailing.😎😎

On 5/16/2019 at 2:29 PM, mari10 said:

Not free.... $249 on sea days and $99 on port days per cabana .

I tried to book one but it says they are unavailable. My dh tried to call, but they were not really helpful. 

1 hour ago, Dawniepoo said:

tried to book one but it says they are unavailable. My dh tried to call, but they were not really helpful

Hi Dawn,

Maybe call Captains Club, they usually are very helpful. 

Maybe limited availability since there are only six cabanas and they brand new on Equinox.

Ten more days ! 

Mari 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dawniepoo said:

I tried to book one but it says they are unavailable. My dh tried to call, but they were not really helpful. 

Only book for one of you - it’s a known problem! When you book for just one it still allows all of you in. 

Wendy 

13 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

Only book for one of you - it’s a known problem! When you book for just one it still allows all of you in. 

Wendy 

Thanks, Wendy. I think we were successful this time. The only weird thing is that is says we have the reservation from 3 am to 3 am. So bizarre.

14 minutes ago, Dawniepoo said:

Thanks, Wendy. I think we were successful this time. The only weird thing is that is says we have the reservation from 3 am to 3 am. So bizarre.

I should have mentioned that was the other problem! I usually head up after breakfast to chose which one I want - although these ones may be reassigned. 

So glad it worked out for you.

Wendy

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vtcruising said:

751145522_cabanaequinox.thumb.jpg.608c90635d6a824e91c805582021702c.jpg

Still wierd looking to me and could be windy,  even if the screen parts can be adjusted.  The amenities package is nice, however..and they do have a table...something seriously lacking on Celebrity pool decks.

Others enjoying the law on their blankets and beach towels may still look in,  and won' t have much of a sea view... I think folks can also see in while walking by?????

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

Still wierd looking to me and could be windy,  even if the screen parts can be adjusted.  The amenities package is nice, however..and they do have a table...something seriously lacking on Celebrity pool decks.

Others enjoying the law on their blankets and beach towels may still look in,  and won' t have much of a sea view... I think folks can also see in while walking by?????

Probably like the alcoves on Reflection and Silhouette and the cabanas on the Edge, they will work well for some and not so much for others.  We had a fairly good experience with the Reflection alcoves and a very good experience with the Edge cabanas. It will be interesting to see how people like this new design.

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Probably like the alcoves on Reflection and Silhouette and the cabanas on the Edge, they will work well for some and not so much for others.  We had a fairly good experience with the Reflection alcoves and a very good experience with the Edge cabanas. It will be interesting to see how people like this new design.

You are so fair and balanced!   That's why we trust you so much..

We are  mostly pool people so see no need ...but if it works for some and does not  block my "free"  blanket views...seems okay..

We enjoyed our on the water cabana on Coco Cay...same idea!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked a cabana on the Equnox for a port day...$99.   Below is the picture on the Celebrity website.    

How do you choose your cabana or are they assigned?   

alcoves-couple2-alpdother-968x384.jpg

On Equinox...do they still look like this  or are they the PODS ?

Older style fits more with a lawn and park design for the lawn deck area ....The PODS look odd ..not sure our friends will want one...

Edited by hcat

48 minutes ago, itsanita said:

I just booked a cabana on the Equnox for a port day...$99.   Below is the picture on the Celebrity website.    

How do you choose your cabana or are they assigned?   

alcoves-couple2-alpdother-968x384.jpg

This photo is what the Alcoves looked like on the Reflection.  The ones on the Equinox have 2 chairs, small table and what looks to be a couch.  Here is a photo posted in IG by CruiseCelebrity.  Doesn’t look like a spot for lounging to me.94021B76-7E4B-48E3-AC5F-0CC43D0900FE.thumb.png.18224954f2c0e84b829fc9a5d4f4eea8.png

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, the pods are alive and well on Equinox.

Not sure I like the Pods.   I wonder why they have the wrong picture on the website.  The Pod looks a little closed in and no view of the ocean at all.   Not at all what is described when you book.

1 hour ago, itsanita said:

Not sure I like the Pods.   I wonder why they have the wrong picture on the website.  The Pod looks a little closed in and no view of the ocean at all.   Not at all what is described when you book.

From what has been posted, those tan shades can be moved on a track to be open to the sea or lawn/Movie screen area