Sky Princess

ALWAYS CRUZIN

20 minutes ago, john_galt said:

Travel Weekly (UK) has a story about a drawing for the 10/16/19 pre-inaugural charter cruise from Trieste to Athens. I think there may be some people on the 10/20/19 Inaugural Mediterranean & Adriatic surprised to see people debarking the Sky in Athens. 

They had a preview cruise out of Trieste for Majestic Princess before the inaugural too but also opened it up to fare-paying passengers about 3 months before the launch - would be nice if they did that with this one. We were on both for the Majestic - there were fireworks and masses of people waving us off in Trieste but nothing when the inaugural left Rome.

We will be on the December 4th Inaugural Getaway and the Sky will arrive on the the 1st. I'm interested in what Princess has planned for those three idle days in FLL. I think the christening is supposed to be on the 3rd. 

Edited by john_galt

12 minutes ago, john_galt said:

We will be on the December 4th Inaugural Getaway and the Sky will arrive on the the 1st. I'm interested in what Princess has planned for those three idle days in FLL. I think the christening is supposed to be on the 3rd. 

and our 3 day on 12/4 is still showing as "sold out" and yet we both know that means very little this early

3 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

They have the "Slice for Pizza" and a Pizzeria? Usually at the buffet they have pasta, veil or chicken Parmesan and other offerings. Guess just to sit in the Pizzeria and pay for it?

I believe that both Slice Pizzeria on the Lido deck and Alfredo's Pizzeria on the Promenade deck will be complimentary.

2 hours ago, dides said:

I believe that both Slice Pizzeria on the Lido deck and Alfredo's Pizzeria on the Promenade deck will be complimentary.

Yes, that's been the case. For a short time, Princess was charging for Alfredo's.  There was quite a backlash😵😠, and it's complimentary again.

Joanie

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 10:50 AM, nasa1974 said:

The French Bistro took the place of Crooner's.  :classic_angry:   I wonder what the "Take Five" will be like?

I'm hoping that Take Five will fill the gap in entertainment spaces I've been looking for.  According to what I've read it will be a jazz lounge.  One thing I've always felt was missing from Princess ships was a really good representation of non-classical instrumental music.  A really good jazz quartet has always been missing in terms of entertainment options or music played on board.  Sure the piano player in Crooners could sing a couple songs from the Rat Pack, but it wasn't really a jazz bar.  I suspect they are going to use Take Five as a partial replacement for Crooners, but refocus the talent and entertainment to be more jazz oriented.  Sure it won't be the same, but I see a lot of changes occurring on Princess right now.  It's still a cruise, and by far the best vacation I can think of doing.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 9:55 AM, pcsunlover said:

The Sky Princess will have the seawalk according o this video,

Thanks for the video.  If you look closely at this still store you can see the sea walk windows in the floor of the bump out on what appears to be a rendering of the starboard side of the ship.  So, if this is correct, it is no longer a walk with an over the edge view from outboard and inboard, but has filled the inboard void and is more of an extension of the two decks.  I think it is an excellent evolution of the Skywalk concept.

• Like 1

Looking forward to my Aug. 2020 Grand Adventure on the Sky!  Baltic and transatlantic, should be awesome. 

I've done both cruises but want to see what the Sky is all about as I love the Regal and Royal.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 7:21 PM, sssteele said:

Yes, that's been the case. For a short time, Princess was charging for Alfredo's.  There was quite a backlash😵😠, and it's complimentary again.

Joanie

Alfredo's Pizzeria  What am I missing here? In the buffet you can get a hand tossed pizza any way you want it. Even a personal size. Just ask for it. From what I can find out about Alfredo's Pizzeria  They are hand made personal size hand tossed and served right our of the oven no different than the buffet. Other than that, it is a very nice place to eat your Pizza.

We are on the inaugural cruise from Fort Lauderdale on Dec 4 with b2b with the Dec 7th cruise.

Looking forward to is although disappointed they did away with my favorite lounge Crooners and converted it to another specialty restaurant. There are many changes over the Regal Princess.

• 3 weeks later...

Alfredo's is a nice, usually not very crowded, sit down restaurant where they wait on you.  In addition to pizza (which I believe has more/different toppings than on the Lido deck), they have other items, like delicious minestrone soup and an eggplant parm. appetizer.  It is a limited menu, but it has always been good and is a nice change of pace.  We always go there at least once or twice.

On the Sapphire, Alfredo’s was free with a set pizza menu.  When I went the second time during the cruise, I placed an order for a pizza with the toppings I wanted with no problem.  I like the pizza poolside but I thought the Alfredo’s was better.

On 5/26/2019 at 2:05 PM, Flafun888 said:

Can anyone tell me which side OUTDOOR smoking areas are on Sky: port, starboard or both? Trying to book a balcony for someone with pretty severe asthma who doesn't react well to cigarette smoke. Hoping to book further away from outdoor smoking areas, as it still tends to drifts upward (just based upon my past experiences). Many thanks for any help. 

If outdoor smoking area are on both sides, any tips on which side may be the best of the two to book a cabin? Thank you again! 👍

It's supposed to be the same as the Royal & Regal which is 17 Aft (the best place) and 7 Starboard.    There's NO smoking on any stateroom balcony (or room).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Alfredo's is a nice, usually not very crowded, sit down restaurant where they wait on you.  In addition to pizza (which I believe has more/different toppings than on the Lido deck), they have other items, like delicious minestrone soup and an eggplant parm. appetizer.  It is a limited menu, but it has always been good and is a nice change of pace.  We always go there at least once or twice.

Here’s a link to the menu (drink prices may have changed & tip is now 18%) and we always enjoy Alfredo’s Pizzeria.  To avoid the embarkation day crowds in the buffet, we either eat at Alfredo’s or in the dining room between noon & 1:30...much more relaxing ways to begin a cruise. 🙂

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/rp-alfredos_pizzeria-23-may-13.pdf

2 hours ago, TNT5197 said:

It's supposed to be the same as the Royal & Regal which is 17 Aft (the best place) and 7 Starboard.    There's NO smoking on any stateroom balcony (or room).  

Was wondering about the public outdoor smoking areas, which you answered. Thank you! I had to book by now, so guessed port side and glad I did. We'll be on 9th floor, so just looking to avoid any public smoking areas immediately 1-2 decks beneath us. Thanks again!