Anyone else annoyed with Ncl decrease in amenities?

hladygirl

2 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Can you imagine going into ANY watering hole back home and have them tell you “Just want to let you know - we have a 15 drink maximum.” ?? That’s why I also wouldn’t sail CCL either. That’s not my crowd!

Actually if many people sat at a bar and drank 15 drinks at one time they'd likely be cut off earlier.

12 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Every establishment will provide things on request, a class establishment doesn't make you ask. Having to ask for a garnish or for more butter is low class. No, these aren't big things but the little things do add up (both for the company and for the customer). If I were spending $3600 on a vacation (the price of the last NCL cruise I priced) I would certainly not expect to have to ask for the basics to be provided.

I'll have to disagree that a class establishment doesn't make you ask for more butter.  I've eaten in some of the best restaurants around the country and I always have to ask for more butter and sour cream when I get a baked potato and I've never felt like it is low class to ask for it.

1 minute ago, NLH Arizona said:

I'll have to disagree that a class establishment doesn't make you ask for more butter.  I've eaten in some of the best restaurants around the country and I always have to ask for more butter and sour cream when I get a baked potato and I've never felt like it is low class to ask for it.

There is typically plenty of butter on the table for the bread and I believe that is what the topic was.

9 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

Not always, it depends on how much folks use.  

According to the previous poster there were two pats of butter for 4 people so it doesn't matter how much is used, enough wasn't provided at the beginning (which is different from using it up and asking for more). Again, these aren't big things but they are expected things and when they have to be asked for repeatedly it can leave a bad taste in the mouth, especially at the prices NCL charges. I can guarantee you that Del Rio would never tolerate this at a table he where he is dining. (And the whole not putting a cherry in a drink reminds me of the air line that saved thousands a year by leaving one olive out of a salad.)

17 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

Haven’t been on NCL yet but expecting (and hoping) somebody will call BS on the $25 liquor-not-specified dirty martini. 

As much as I wanted to just drop this, as I think the topic has been beaten to death I would like to know the same as you. I can't imagine $25 for a dirty martini. I drink martinis on NCL with no upcharge. Why would a dirty martini be any different? a drop or two of olive juice doesn't add any cost to the drink or shouldn't. 

11 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

Not always, it depends on how much folks use.  

That is exactly right and we have eaten in restaurants throughout the world. The amount of butter always starts out with just a few pats or  a small bowl, depending on the restaurant. If one needs more sometimes the wait person will auto bring it, normally one has to ask for more. 2 pats for 4 of course is not enough, but I have to question some of the information the OP posted in the first place. With this I am going to move on. I think the topic has been beaten to death and none of us can judge whether all OP mentioned is totally factual or just how she remembers it.

45 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

That is exactly right and we have eaten in restaurants throughout the world. The amount of butter always starts out with just a few pats or  a small bowl, depending on the restaurant. If one needs more sometimes the wait person will auto bring it, normally one has to ask for more. 2 pats for 4 of course is not enough, but I have to question some of the information the OP posted in the first place. With this I am going to move on. I think the topic has been beaten to death and none of us can judge whether all OP mentioned is totally factual or just how she remembers it.

I got plenty of butter on the Getaway.  :classic_biggrin:

IMG_1178 sm.jpg

• Like 2

What corporations/companies haven't had cutbacks? It's a sign of the times. 

1) Order room service for coffee or  throw on shorts/ t-shirt and go get it.

2) Towel animals ( can take them or leave them)

3) Ice bucket -ASK

A little off topic, I've recently contacted a small business about something and 3 days later still no communication from them. MY choice , I wouldn't choose to do business with them now.

Sad commentary on things today.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Actually if many people sat at a bar and drank 15 drinks at one time they'd likely be cut off earlier.

people don't sit at a bar for 24 hours. CCL policy is 15 drinks in a 24 hour period, when on vaca it's different

39 minutes ago, njkate said:

people don't sit at a bar for 24 hours. CCL policy is 15 drinks in a 24 hour period, when on vaca it's different

I get that, I was responding to a specific poster about a specific analogy used.

3 hours ago, GA Dave said:

I got plenty of butter on the Getaway.  :classic_biggrin:

IMG_1178 sm.jpg

That is what I've always gotten on NCL as well, I guess they only give two pads to special passengers, but always ask for more and have never felt low class nor have I felt low class asking for more butter at La Bernardin in New York.  I guess some people just expect a lot more from a cruise line than I do.

• Haha 1

I.m not happy with new rules for Cas players ...now need to pay double for anyrhing but an inside ..ridiculous prices plus expect you to gamble even more ....

i think they are going to lose lots of players to other companies 

i went on Cas cruise on Holland ..wow ..so much fun and very well treated with free play and free slot tournaments 

come on ?nCL get smart 

I have been keeping up with this thread and I guess I just can't relate to any of this making me angry--even all together on one cruise would not ruin it for me or come close to ruining my enjoyment. I have been on about 20 cruises over the years and the closest I have come was when I took the Epic on it's inaugural TA. The weather was awful, there were all kinds of ongoing annoyances due to the ship being brand new (elevators kept breaking down, my closet door almost broke my back trying to get it open and closed--even after numerous "repairs"--etc etc). Obviously the weather had nothing to do with the ship, but even the annoyances on the ship were just that. Momentary annoyances. I still had a great time and feel blessed I can occasionally take this less-than-perfect vacations. If I have to repeatedly ask for more butter or request ice or even go get it myself, then whatever. That's what I do. On the few occasions I have had to miss a port due to weather I have never blamed the cruise line or even thought about wanting a refund (although I do agree there should be compensation when it affects flights, pre-post cruise lodging, etc). I honestly think if these things bother people, they will never just be able to be happy, go with the flow, and enjoy themselves. That's NOT to say I don't sympathize ... but the negative drama about all this stuff simply does not compute for me. I suppose now someone will scold me about something I said. But I'm allowed an opinion too after all. 🙂

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Minoushka said:

I.m not happy with new rules for Cas players ...now need to pay double for anyrhing but an inside ..ridiculous prices plus expect you to gamble even more ....

i think they are going to lose lots of players to other companies 

i went on Cas cruise on Holland ..wow ..so much fun and very well treated with free play and free slot tournaments 

come on ?nCL get smart 

I was hoping that this thread was on its last breath, but Minoushka, you have piqued my interest.  What new rules for CAS players?  Its always been per person port fees and taxes (no double charges for singles).  What has changed????

BTW, I am getting a kick out of some of the griping. The only thing that worries me is when the room steward forgets to leave another roll of toilet paper....

3 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

I have been keeping up with this thread and I guess I just can't relate to any of this making me angry--even all together on one cruise would not ruin it for me or come close to ruining my enjoyment. I have been on about 20 cruises over the years and the closest I have come was when I took the Epic on it's inaugural TA. The weather was awful, there were all kinds of ongoing annoyances due to the ship being brand new (elevators kept breaking down, my closet door almost broke my back trying to get it open and closed--even after numerous "repairs"--etc etc). Obviously the weather had nothing to do with the ship, but even the annoyances on the ship were just that. Momentary annoyances. I still had a great time and feel blessed I can occasionally take this less-than-perfect vacations. If I have to repeatedly ask for more butter or request ice or even go get it myself, then whatever. That's what I do. On the few occasions I have had to miss a port due to weather I have never blamed the cruise line or even thought about wanting a refund (although I do agree there should be compensation when it affects flights, pre-post cruise lodging, etc). I honestly think if these things bother people, they will never just be able to be happy, go with the flow, and enjoy themselves. That's NOT to say I don't sympathize ... but the negative drama about all this stuff simply does not compute for me. I suppose now someone will scold me about something I said. But I'm allowed an opinion too after all. 🙂

wanted to send you a private email but looks like there are restrictions. I totally agree with 90% of the things you say. 🍸☺️ 

37 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

wanted to send you a private email but looks like there are restrictions. I totally agree with 90% of the things you say. 🍸☺️ 

I wonder why there are restrictions...did you use foul language!  😆 Just kidding.! But thank you, it’s nice to know I’m not alone in 90% of it!

23 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

I agree 100%, the complaints of no towel animals, no coffee maker in an inside cabin, no ice bucket, just ask, two pats of butter again just ask and I can see the logic behind not loading up a table with butter that may go unused, no cherry in a drink again ask while you are standing there ,is major nit picking and doubtful these complainers will ever be happy if small stuff irritates the hell out of them. None of those "issues" would bother me enough to take to a forum and complain, but to each his own I guess.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Surfsup2017 said:

I was hoping that this thread was on its last breath, but Minoushka, you have piqued my interest.  What new rules for CAS players?  Its always been per person port fees and taxes (no double charges for singles).  What has changed????

BTW, I am getting a kick out of some of the griping. The only thing that worries me is when the room steward forgets to leave another roll of toilet paper....

LMAO good one

On May 23, 2019 at 8:59 AM, Surfsup2017 said:

The only thing that worries me is when the room steward forgets to leave another roll of toilet paper....

That's what towel animal is for as a back up plan.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 7:30 AM, mjkacmom said:

When did NCL provide coffee makers to inside cabins? Do other lines have coffee makers to inside cabins? I thought it was just balcony +

Other lines have no coffee makers in cabins that's what room service is for