Johnny Rockets - disappointed

2 hours ago, frank808 said:

Only free breakfast on oasis class that I remember

Right, you are.  No breakfast at all at JR’s on Indy, only Oasis Class.

We had breakfast there a couple times on Harmony in November, but only did lunch there once on Indy in January.

Johnny Rockets is overpriced,  but I still share a meal there with my daughter on every cruise.  To get her excited before cruising,  we do a 10 day countdown which concludes with singing and dancing to the song cheeseburger in paradise.

When we leave our first port, we always go to Johnny Rockets and have you guessed it, a cheeseburger in paradise which neither of us eats. 

JR food-worthless.  The smile on my 4 year old-priceless. 

Happy Crushing

11 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I must be dating myself but I remember when you could buy the malted milk powder in the supermarket.  I remember when my mother got her first blender as a Christmas gift. That first few months we had many malted milk shakes. I don't think anyone makes them that way anymore. Well certainly not the fast food chains. 

Maybe it’s a Midwest thing, but you can still get Malts at most ice cream shops around here.

After reading through all of the comments, it appears many agree that Johnny Rockets is not worth the price.  I remember when the "Sea View Cafe" was in or  near the location where Rockets is now.  It was great for an afternoon snack, quiet, and Free! We won't be going back to Johnny Rockets - (in my opinion) it was too pricey and the food was a "thumbs down"!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Maybe it’s a Midwest thing, but you can still get Malts at most ice cream shops around here.

Do they sell malted milk balls there? Haven't had those in years. I think they were called whoppers.

Maybe I’m one of the few who enjoys the food at JRs. For us it became a cruise tradition to eat there once every cruise. We  skipped lunch there last cruise on Allure because there were plenty of other options for lunch besides the windjammer. We did have breakfast there though. We may return in our upcoming cruise on Adventure because I am not a fan of having to eat most of my lunches in the windjammer. If the MDR were open every day for lunch I would probably never consider JRs. But I do love their onion rings. 

• Like 1

We went to JR on Anthem and had French fries, onion rings, and chocolate shake and the service was very slow.  Since it was included for Star Class we thought we would try.  I would not stand in line for any of it.  Not a fan of In and Out either.  Not even sure about getting a burger on board as there are other better options for food, in my opinion.

4 hours ago, SailingSal said:

After reading through all of the comments, it appears many agree that Johnny Rockets is not worth the price.  I remember when the "Sea View Cafe" was in or  near the location where Rockets is now.  It was great for an afternoon snack, quiet, and Free! We won't be going back to Johnny Rockets - (in my opinion) it was too pricey and the food was a "thumbs down"!

As far as I remember the great (IMHO) Seaview Cafe was only on Radiance class ships which never had a JR's.  They were in similar places on Voyager class, high deck, near the sports area.

My memory is shaky!

On 5/28/2019 at 6:05 AM, fyree39 said:

I've always found JR food to be overpriced and not very good so I avoid it on the ship.  Now, if they had and In N Out Burger, I'd pay!

Or, Nation's Giant Burger (I think they are Northern California only).  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Had a coupon for a free meal, the meal to me was to salty, to fatty, and to greasy. 

What burgers/fries are  not too salty, fatty and greasy?........

Doesn't mean they're all bad :classic_tongue:

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

What burgers/fries are  not too salty, fatty and greasy?........

Doesn't mean they're all bad :classic_tongue:

Exactly, I eat burgers and fries for the salt and grease. If it were good for me I'd avoid it like the plague.☠️🤪

I love a good burger with some great fries and/or onion rings.  If I could have a nice shake with it, well that would make my meal complete.  Unfortunately Johnny Rocket burgers and fries are just not that good.  The onion rings and shakes are good but just not a fan of the rest of Johnny Rockets food.   It is time for Royal Caribbean to replace Johnny Rockets with something  of quality that more people will enjoy.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2019 at 1:28 AM, Merion_Mom said:

I never saw it busy on the Anthem.  The word "deserted" comes to mind. 

Same, I've never seen it busy!  Hopefully their contract with JR ends soon and they can replace them with more quality food.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:24 PM, brillohead said:

What I'd love to see is a Park Cafe type venue there instead... someplace to get a sandwich or a salad and a dessert.  

Don't they already have that on Oasis class ships?