Suites on Grandeur of the Seas HELP!

On 6/6/2019 at 1:31 PM, GW248 said:

Pretty bad in 8010 back in 2014.  Sounded like some machinery that would come on on a regular basis.

Agreed !  We were in 8010 last Christmas+NY on Grandeur.  The noise from  the WJ was awful.  I am not overly fond of the big suites' locations on any of the Vision class ships - they shove them all way up front.  I don't think I will ever pay for a full suite again on a Vision class ship.

We are partial to 8516.

Sailed 3 times in it, with 2 more booked.

Now we MUST book that room, otherwise I KNOW I will be at that door, wondering why I cannot get it. 😄

2 hours ago, aftermidnight said:

If you can avoid 8510, do so!  We were in that suite for 18 days and the noise from above was awful to say the least.  

The same is true for 8010.  Lots of noise from the WJ above.  Personally, I will never pay for a full suite again on a Vision Class ship. I hate the location of the full suites - all the way forward.  I much prefer the aft JS to any of the full suites.

16 hours ago, aftermidnight said:

If you can avoid 8510, do so!  We were in that suite for 18 days and the noise from above was awful to say the least.  

We sailed in May this year in gs 8010. 9 night NE cruise. Not much guest pool activity due to the cool weather but still plenty of noise first thing in the morning right above our room. Lots of furniture being dragged around directly overhead. Hands down the most noise we have ever heard from above while in a suite. That being said it is a great room and a great location. Just be aware that light sleepers could be awakened at 6 am each and every day.

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2019 at 10:31 PM, LP987 said:

Currently in GS 8508. We have heard a little noise here and there but nothing that has kept us awake or been a bother. Love this room and think it is a great location. 

That's the room we booked. I do hope you are right that you heard almost no noise.

17 hours ago, Pumbaamd said:

Anyone been in GS 8512? We will be there in 2 weeks, all comments appreciated.

Rick and Deirdra

We sail in 8516 (3 cruises so far, 2 more booked).

What do you want to know?

There is some noise when they are setting up.  It only bothers me if I am awake.  It sounds like dragging chairs and tables, with the occasional cart.

Last cruise (April), they roped off an area on the Port side, just behind the glass wall of the WJ.  It seems some people in the cabins below complained about the breakfast crowd.   We get up fairly early, so never had an issue.

I would avoid the aft JS on Grandeur that are under the Solarium. The lights in the Solarium get left on all night. As a result, the balconies become unsightly and harshly-lit at night. Also, generally speaking, the Grandeur JS are just too small and feel like standard balcony cabins. I'd go with either a standard balcony cabin (to save money) - or the GS (for the space). 

Edited by Nado44

On 6/5/2019 at 9:57 PM, Host Clarea said:

We try to be on the starboard side, under the Solarium.  They run carts back and forth to Park Cafe on the port side.

I 2nd this from experience, they run those carts seems like all the time, starboard side much better.

• 6 months later...
On 7/18/2019 at 5:45 PM, Pumbaamd said:

Anyone been in GS 8512? We will be there in 2 weeks, all comments appreciated.

Rick and Deirdra

We are sailing on Grandeur in a few weeks in 8512. Does anyone know if  it has  an L-shaped sofa or a love seat with two chairs? Also, we have read about embarkation lunch in MDR being offered to Suite guest...is that still happening? We have the key mainly for the lunch on the first day so if we can eat in MDR as a suite guest we may cancel the key. Thanks

3 minutes ago, BaltimoreIke said:

We are sailing on Grandeur in a few weeks in 8512. Does anyone know if  it has  an L-shaped sofa or a love seat with two chairs? Also, we have read about embarkation lunch in MDR being offered to Suite guest...is that still happening? We have the key mainly for the lunch on the first day so if we can eat in MDR as a suite guest we may cancel the key. Thanks

Send an email to the Concierge and ask about the lunch. I know that a lunch exists, but I do not know exactly who is eligible.

GR_concierge@rccl.com

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BaltimoreIke said:

we have read about embarkation lunch in MDR being offered to Suite guest...is that still happening?

In email from Carlington for Feb 8 cruise:  Lunch on Boarding day in The Great Gatsby Dining Room Deck 4 11:30 am to 1:00 pm   this would be for GS and up, I think

also his email is   GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

With regard to noise from above in forward suites - we have heard the scrapping noises from time to time, but it has never kept us awake or bothered us much

Just beware of connecting grand suites on Grandeur.  We had 8014 and could hear the women in the next cabin very clearly.  Sounded like a dozen of them gabbing and laughing all day and night.  Horrible.  I never would have booked a connecting cabin because of past experience; got this one on a Royal Up bid.  Nothing in the past, however, was as bad as this one on Grandeur.

4 hours ago, SnorkelAway said:

In email from Carlington for Feb 8 cruise:  Lunch on Boarding day in The Great Gatsby Dining Room Deck 4 11:30 am to 1:00 pm   this would be for GS and up, I think

With regard to noise from above in forward suites - we have heard the scrapping noises from time to time, but it has never kept us awake or bothered us much

Interesting. That's a new email address.

4 hours ago, SnorkelAway said:

Thanks very much for the info

22 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Just beware of connecting grand suites on Grandeur.  We had 8014 and could hear the women in the next cabin very clearly.  Sounded like a dozen of them gabbing and laughing all day and night.  Horrible.  I never would have booked a connecting cabin because of past experience; got this one on a Royal Up bid.  Nothing in the past, however, was as bad as this one on Grandeur.

Yeah we got GS through Royal Up too so had no say in room assignment. 

• 9 months later...
On 2/2/2020 at 7:18 AM, Love PalmTrees said:

Anyone comments on 8066?  This cabin is under the aft starboard side of Solarium.  Also, I don't believe it has a pole from my research here on the boards. Thanks! 😀

Will be in 8066 Enchantment November 2021 but I understand it is under the hot tub.  Any issues?