Canvas totes bag

frankc98376

17 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

This one we received in April on Nieuw Statendam was new to me, but maybe it has been around for a while. (We were in a Neptune Suite, which is not our norm, so have been accustomed to the dark blue thin papery tote since the white and blue canvas ones went away.) 

It is a faux-canvas sturdy fabric, solid blue on the other side, zipper top, and velcro tab to close the side pocket. I like the capacity, length of the straps, and net pockets for water bottles when I head for exercise classes.

D02FFDF2-64E5-4D8C-A9C5-1CA3913F7F2C.jpeg

This is the Club Orange bag. When I was in a Neptune on Kdam this winter, I got the regular flimsy blue bag. I asked about the Club Orange bag because I was curious about the CO amenities compared to the NS amenities. I was told that only people who buy the Orange Pass get this bag, and that Neptune suites get the regular one. 

So yet another thing that varies from ship to ship and cruise to cruise...

15 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

This is the Club Orange bag. When I was in a Neptune on Kdam this winter, I got the regular flimsy blue bag. I asked about the Club Orange bag because I was curious about the CO amenities compared to the NS amenities. I was told that only people who buy the Orange Pass get this bag, and that Neptune suites get the regular one. 

I wondered when it appeared in our room whether it was the tote bag mentioned in the Club Orange promo info I had seen posted on Cruise Critic. Glad we were given one on the Nieuw Stat even though we were lowly Neptune Suite passengers.  😀

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Do the passengers in a inside cabin get this same bag?

18 hours ago, Moriah said:

Nice!! I wonder if these are new and just for the Neptune Suites?  Hopefullly others will chime in with their experience.  I have piles and piles of the blue, flimsier bags, and I don't dislike them - I use them for groceries.  But it would be great to get one like this! I have never gotten any kind of "special" bag when I've stayed in a NS, but I hope this is a new practice. 

I just did  two cruises on Zaandam in a Neptune and did not  receive that  nice   bag nor did I see anyone else carrying one. 

I think  they may be giving them on Pinnacle  (new) ships only, for now.  image.png.6f859ae0eb39c7fab0e70d3d09c138ac.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas

52 minutes ago, boards said:

Do the passengers in a inside cabin get this same bag?

If you bought the Orange Pass (available only on the two newest ships), you should get the better bag regardless of the cabin you're in. If you don't buy the Orange Pass, you should get the regular blue one. 

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

If you bought the Orange Pass (available only on the two newest ships), you should get the better bag regardless of the cabin you're in. If you don't buy the Orange Pass, you should get the regular blue one. 

Thank you the regular one is what I was looking for, we use them for shopping often, no plastic bags to buy and get rid of.

On 6/10/2019 at 12:19 PM, CJcruzer said:

Sorry I misspoke.    In the past, if I went to the front desk (not attending the mariner luncheon), they would inform me they would be delivered to the room.   Now it appears they hand them to you at the front desk, if requested.

You are correct, there is no “roll call” taken.

On our Prinsendam Cruise in April, my DW attended the luncheon and got a tile and since it actually was a Prinsendam Tile, I asked for one to be delivered at the front desk. It showed up that evening along with the turn down service stuff. 

1 hour ago, Walfam said:

Zuiderdam in March '19 this year, Neptune Suite, we got the flimsy dark blue nonwoven poly bags.

I have not seen a canvas bag given out for 10-15 years. We got a couple from cruises in the 90's and early 2000's, but its been the blue poly bags ever since. I don't know when they actually switched, as we did not cruise on HAL from 2002 - 2010. We often get some nice compliments on our canvas ones on recent cruises. 

Edited by drowelf

1 hour ago, cruisecrazyct said:

The tote bag is part of the Club Orange roll out for Neptune suites.

Ahhh,

So it will only be on N Stat, Koningsdam and next  new   'Big"   ship,

image.png.6d967dcf580e5f300a7ea709eca2d8bd.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Both weeks,  they had Zaandam  tiles for all  of usat the brunch  .   They placed them nicely on the table at the top of each place setting and they were there when we were seated. 

image.png.69cb7fba4b9db41140a8f022b0562672.png

sail.noordam @gmail.com

I was on the Nieuw Statendam in April and got the old blue bag on the first part of a b2b and on the second part of the cruise got a blue plastic bag.  I would have loved to get that bag.  As far as the Orange Club I wouldn't waste my money on it.  I thought the dining room for Club Orange left a lot to be desired. Not worth the money IMHO.  

On 6/11/2019 at 2:28 PM, drowelf said:

I have not seen a canvas bag given out for 10-15 years. We got a couple from cruises in the 90's and early 2000's, but its been the blue poly bags ever since. I don't know when they actually switched, as we did not cruise on HAL from 2002 - 2010. We often get some nice compliments on our canvas ones on recent cruises. 

For a while in the last 10 or so years,  we received a sturdy, double handled canvas bag  on all our b-to-b's.  I it is larger thaN THE   ORIGinal  canvas bags most of us remember from more years ago.  I  leave some in my ca r to use   fo r misc shoppping and groeries in place oft he one time use plastic bags most comunigtes in my area have banned.  I live in a coastal area and when we we see eidence of harm plasitc is doing in the ocean,  we know those  plastic bags must be banned.       I have continued to us e  tgher older  canvas bags ghrough the years and am so sorry HAL has chosen substitute the crummy blue poly plasic bags they now hand out.  I am sad  they wish  to represent themseles with people carrying  those bags out and a bout.   I sewed a few strips of velcro acrfoss top of gthe older canas bags and being able gto clos them, makes ghem een mor useful,   for me.

On 6/11/2019 at 9:22 AM, Caribbean Chris said:

I wondered when it appeared in our room whether it was the tote bag mentioned in the Club Orange promo info I had seen posted on Cruise Critic. Glad we were given one on the Nieuw Stat even though we were lowly Neptune Suite passengers.  😀

"  LOWLY" Neptune   Suite passengers??    Huh?     Sorry b ut i know it is sarcasm ---   and I am missing your meaning.        nothing too much 'lowly'  about Neptune suites, iMO.

image.png.d38b70b5cc985642e1221f85cbbab97a.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

3 hours ago, sail7seas said:

"  LOWLY" Neptune   Suite passengers??    Huh?     Sorry b ut i know it is sarcasm ---   and I am missing your meaning.        nothing too much 'lowly'  about Neptune suites, iMO.

Yes, it was a tongue in cheek comment. My meaning was referencing the question of whether the bags were created to fulfill a promised Club Orange perk for those who paid $50 pp pd for certain benefits,  rather than created to make Neptune Suite passengers happy...hence the emoji 😀.

Nothing lowly about Neptune suites IMO, either. Wish we could sail in them all the time!

3 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Yes, it was a tongue in cheek comment. My meaning was referencing the question of whether the bags were created to fulfill a promised Club Orange perk for those who paid $50 pp pd for certain benefits,  rather than created to make Neptune Suite passengers happy...hence the emoji 😀.

Nothing lowly about Neptune suites IMO, either. Wish we could sail in them all the time!

Thank you so muchf or your courtesy providing me a great response   without making me feel like an   🤐   idiot. 

image.png.2ec19e051343f3ccb351cfd6e0339569.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 11:31 AM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

If you are in a Neptune Suite, do you have to buy an Orange Pass  or is t  hat   'prat' of what   you paid for the NS?    Will you still ge gthe blue plasic  tote   bag if you do not buy the pass?  Sorry   I am confused about   this  whole Orange thing  😩

image.png.c1e45c10c5a07e8ded6b2f2ffca06ac5.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

1 hour ago, sail7seas said:

If you are in a Neptune Suite, do you have to buy an Orange Pass  or is t  hat   'prat' of what   you paid for the NS?    Will you still ge gthe blue plasic  tote   bag if you do not buy the pass?  Sorry   I am confused about   this  whole Orange thing  😩

image.png.c1e45c10c5a07e8ded6b2f2ffca06ac5.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Club Orange is included in the price of the Neptune Suite but only those who purchased the Club Orange pass (non NS) will receive the CO bag. NS suites receive the regular bag.