Can you tip your Bar Tender in cash ?

Yes, I've done cash many times, especially early in the cruise when I find a bartender that is extra friendly and "generous." I will go back to him/her repeatedly and get really good service.

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 1

On our Magic cruise last year, we had a Lido server.  We kept her well tipped.  She sought us out every day.  We would order a picture of margaritas and she said she would personally mix them.  I'm here to tell you they were strong!  She was a hard working mother sending money back home, putting her daughter through school.  Yes, I believed her.

Edited by Butterbean1000

48 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

On our Magic cruise last year, we had a Lido server.  We kept her well tipped.  She sought us out every day.  We would order a picture of margaritas and she said she would personally mix them.  I'm here to tell you they were strong!  She was a hard working mother sending money back home, putting her daughter through school.  Yes, I believed her.

Like this?          Sorry, I couldn't resist.:classic_blush:😛🤣:classic_laugh:

image.thumb.png.6576d11216e6752a38091f4d8c176f03.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Legend has it that if you tip them $1, the alcohol pour is so heavy, the glass will overflow. They will become blind to the crowd around them and only see your green. A life of luxury that only Mr Washington can grant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

For the majority of our cruises, there has been one particular server that goes out of their way to find us.  We aren't heavy drinkers but they keep coming back to us and are usually comical.  At the end of the cruise we give them a twenty.  Same with our cabin steward and their assistant.  

• Like 2

I always tip in cash. Like others have said, I don’t want to have a bill at the end of my cruise. I usually tip $1 per drink. If I’m sitting at a bar for an extended amount of time, having more than a drink or two, I don’t tip on each drink. Rather, I wait until I've ordered my last drink and then I usually give a $5 tip.

Edited by blarko

10 hours ago, 3smithboys said:

How much do you normally tip per drink? I want to get tips ready ahead of time for Cheers and was wondering if people tip $1 or $2 per drink? Is $1 enough? Or do you tip per order? I don’t want to be cheap... 

Tip from your heart and you will never seem cheap, at least to yourself, and you are the one that matters. Big tip or little tip, we are all forgotten soon.

I have written this on several posts in different forums, so please skip over if you have already read it.  I always purchase CHEERS for the shorter cruises.  SOMETIMES for a longer one.  I bring a lot of $1's and $5's for tips.  I count out 15 $1's each morning and give a dollar bill with each drink.  I have rarely had a bad server.  For those that go the extra "mile", I tip extra, usually at the end of the cruise or following a special act.  I can keep track of how many drinks I have had by counting my $1's.  When I get close to running out of one dollar bills, I know I am getting close to my limit for that day.  I know you can just ask the bar server, but this works for my dh and me.  And before anyone starts judging, I love CHEERS because it enables me to try different drinks.  If I don't like one, I leave it.  I also like cold beer but if I am on the pool deck and it starts to get super warm, I leave it and get another cold one.  So rarely at the end of the day have I used all 15 drinks, and if I have, I probably only drank less than 10.  😜

• Like 2

I like the idea of the 15 $1 bills ready to go each day. I think I am going to get that ready for my son since he is getting Cheers for his 21st bday cruise. I’m sure he (and the bartenders) will appreciate having tips ready to go!

• Like 1

On our last cruise we had one person from the bar staff (never know if to use waiter/waitress/ etc!) that would constantly keep freshening up our drinks while we were in the hot tub.  During the day we did keep adding onto our receipts as we signed them,(we usually have CHEERS), but at the end of the cruise we made sure we seeked her out with an additional cash tip.  She had been awesome.  But on top of tipping her well, we made sure that we mentioned her in our survey that Carnival sends us after the cruise.  

We write in an extra dollar on every drink we get with cheers.  I don't like to use cash because we get so many perks by using our travel credit card for everything.  Happy cruising!