Princess Liked My Idea 👍

Ombud

So you can blame (or thank) me when that gold mesh bag that is filled with the same lotion & bar of soap that everyone gets + an Emery board is replaced with a better pen / good notebook / free drink coupon

They're passing it up the line! No idea if they'll comp elites a drink of our choice but I asked! Should've asked for a half bottle of sparkling wine 😶 but I'll settle for a free glass of whatever 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have pens and paper and as elite I have a mini bar. Why would I want more.  If you want another drink just get the drink package or pay for it

Oh I get to trade for either coffee package or a bottle of wine. Actually I want both and prefer something better than toiletries that I'm getting anyway

Edited by Ombud

6 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I'm afraid this is what "They're passing it up the line" means.

saving.png

Sent it to customer services but anyone can say they're from corporate 

40 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

Personally, I like this idea.  It would be like the "swag bags" they hand out for special events.  I like free stuff. 🙂

Would you like anyone to send you theirs?

I would prefer they just give us back what they have been taking away from our elite benefits.  Like the chocolate dipped strawberries (and scrap the current hors d’oeuvre menu some toiletries that have been eliminated, robes always in cabin, back to shorter laundry turnaround time and the old coffee card plan.  And finally, with the new faster internet, just give elites the unlimited plan and not fuss with the "free minutes"

I know this is asking too much and will never happen. But I can dream of having my old beloved Princess back, can't I?

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

So you can blame (or thank) me when that gold mesh bag that is filled with the same lotion & bar of soap that everyone gets + an Emery board is replaced with a better pen / good notebook / free drink coupon

They're passing it up the line! No idea if they'll comp elites a drink of our choice but I asked! Should've asked for a half bottle of sparkling wine 😶 but I'll settle for a free glass of whatever 

I have to agree with others regarding "passing it up the line". There is about a 0.00000000000001 percent chance they will pass it on and an even smaller chance it would result in any change. We won't be elite until after our next cruise but I can tell you there have been times on cruises when I would have welcomed an emery board... I don't have much use for another pen or notebook when cruising nor after I get home for that matter.

• Like 2

Agreed but I sent it to Customer Service and the return call was from the same number I call to get my shareholder OBC. Not Customer Service. At least someone called. 

Time will tell if we can get a swag bag that isn't based on single use plastics

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

Y'know if my idea for reducing useless single use plastics suck, send them yours. Like I said at the beginning .... go blame me. I've got pretty big shoulders for an environmentalist 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Agreed but I sent it to Customer Service and the return call was from the same number I call to get my shareholder OBC. Not Customer Service. At least someone called. 

Time will tell if we can get a swag bag that isn't based on single use plastics

How long did it take to get the call?

24 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

How long did it take to get the call?

Brush off email was within a few days. Call took 3 weeks

Probably would have been smarter to ask for a packet of reusable silicone straws but I dont personally need one

Edited by Ombud

3 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

I will gladly trade the plate of canapes they give us for a free drink.  Or an emery board. Or just a promise to never put the nasty things in my cabin again.

I've never ordered the canapes. Are they really that bad? On our last cruise there was only 55 Elites and 168 Platinum's on the ship. I'd go for a couple of free drink coupons.

• Like 2