Princess Liked My Idea 👍

Ombud

2 hours ago, hpeabody said:

I would prefer they just give us back what they have been taking away from our elite benefits.  Like the chocolate dipped strawberries (and scrap the current hors d’oeuvre menu some toiletries that have been eliminated, robes always in cabin, back to shorter laundry turnaround time and the old coffee card plan.  And finally, with the new faster internet, just give elites the unlimited plan and not fuss with the "free minutes"

I know this is asking too much and will never happen. But I can dream of having my old beloved Princess back, can't I?

What you said, plus bring back my barrel chair.  Whose bone-headed corporate bean counter dreamed that one up?  She Who Must Be Obeyed was not one bit happy when I told her about it, and wanted to cancel our four cruises currently booked with Princess.  All well and good, but we booked with non-refundable deposits.

Not to worry, though, we are taking on a folding camping chair that fits into a nice carry bag. That should help drive the security screeners crazy too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hpeabody said:

I would prefer they just give us back what they have been taking away from our elite benefits.  Like the chocolate dipped strawberries (and scrap the current hors d’oeuvre menu some toiletries that have been eliminated, robes always in cabin, back to shorter laundry turnaround time and the old coffee card plan.  And finally, with the new faster internet, just give elites the unlimited plan and not fuss with the "free minutes"

I know this is asking too much and will never happen. But I can dream of having my old beloved Princess back, can't I?

How do you propose shortening the laundry turnaround times?

Have you ever visited the laundry?

Those crew may be the hardest working on the ship in unbearable conditions as far as heat. (besides the engine room)

There are just too many free laundry users overwhelming the system and it is only going to get worse as it has over the last few years.

• Like 3

It would have been helpful if the OP mentioned in his original post that the missive to Princess HQ was about reducing single use plastics.  It is laudable to come up with any credible ideas that can work in that regard. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

I will gladly trade the plate of canapes they give us for a free drink.  Or an emery board. Or just a promise to never put the nasty things in my cabin again.

I actually like my chocolate covered strawberries (vegetarian so can't / won't eat listed canapes)

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

So you can blame (or thank) me when that gold mesh bag that is filled with the same lotion & bar of soap that everyone gets + an Emery board is replaced with a better pen / good notebook / free drink coupon

They're passing it up the line! No idea if they'll comp elites a drink of our choice but I asked! Should've asked for a half bottle of sparkling wine 😶 but I'll settle for a free glass of whatever 

I like the lotion & bar of soap.  And you never can have too many emery boards.

Don't need a pen/notebook.

Free drink coupon might be nice.  

5 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Personally I like the idea of an additional free drink or two. I have no need for most of the former contents of the bag.

I would also go for toothpaste and sunscreen, as we use carryon luggage only. 

My thoughts exactly. We bring our own toiletries so never use whatever pick n mix of products is placed in the cabin. It is still there when we leave. 

15 hours ago, Ombud said:

So you can blame (or thank) me when that gold mesh bag that is filled with the same lotion & bar of soap that everyone gets + an Emery board is replaced with a better pen / good notebook / free drink coupon

They're passing it up the line! No idea if they'll comp elites a drink of our choice but I asked! Should've asked for a half bottle of sparkling wine 😶 but I'll settle for a free glass of whatever 

I never remember receiving a special bar of soap. We like and use the emery boards. They are fairly good quality. The other items have limited use. Pen and notebook, we already have as many pens and paper as needed in the cabin. Free drink at a bar sounds nice, but it needs to be per elite passenger, not one per cabin. Coupons are loaded with the possible misuse. Probably better controlled if every Elite received a drink credit in their on board account.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 3

On 6/27/2019 at 10:04 PM, rocklinmom said:

I’m on the Crown right now and didn’t even get the Elite yellow goodie bag in our bathroom. Our steward didn’t seem to know what it was. I do miss it, we liked the hair conditioner and emery board especially. 

Politely ask him to refer to his supervisor for the Elite Bag.  I have learned to ask.  On a recent cruise I needed DH's black shoes polished... ugh, a product was used but wasn't "polished".

On 6/27/2019 at 1:34 PM, Ombud said:

I don't want a pen or good notebook or a free drink.  I get free drinks at the Captains party for elites/platinum/suites.  I like the bag of goodies and so does my daughter.  I've got pens up the wazoo, what good is a notebook to me?  I've got the minibar, the bottles are plastic!

Edited by elliair

On 6/27/2019 at 1:56 PM, Ombud said:

No toiletries in the bag to cut down on single use plastics

Really?  So, I take it you don't buy or use anything that's plastic.  I bet you do use plastic and a lot of it.

• Like 1

We like the goody bag.  I use the shower cap, emery, chap stick, luffa type scrub.  DH will use the soap and hand  lotion. I have no need for a pen and paper or a drink.

I bet the elite members who have a drink package really want a drink coupon.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 8:45 PM, Shmoo here said:

I like the lotion & bar of soap.  And you never can have too many emery boards.

Don't need a pen/notebook.

Free drink coupon might be nice.  

you can give them to me so I can write down your instructions on how to  " cut and paste".

5 hours ago, 8dimsum said:

On a recent cruise I needed DH's black shoes polished... ugh, a product was used but wasn't "polished".

I don't wear a tux so don't need my shoes polished to a mirror (military) gloss but have thought it might be nice to have my shoes "spiffed up". Would I be okay with what is done? I just want my shoes to have the scuffs and such cleaned up. We aren't elite yet but will be after our next (already booked) cruise. I'm not really picky or crabby but have wondered about this "perk".

Note: I normally check out and "fix" my evening shoes before each cruise. i'm just wondering about "things" that could happen and need fixing during a cruise.

This shoe shine perk has been available to us for a long time.

Have not used it.

I am not good or comfortable with having Stewart/ess polishing my shoes.

Just something about it bothers me.

He/she has enough to do without having 25 pairs of passengers shoes to polish during his/her breaks or off time.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2019 at 10:04 PM, rocklinmom said:

I’m on the Crown right now and didn’t even get the Elite yellow goodie bag in our bathroom. Our steward didn’t seem to know what it was. I do miss it, we liked the hair conditioner and emery board especially. 

On my last 2 cruises (12/18 & 3/19) the loofah pad, plastic thing for the head (?what's it called?), chapstick, sewing kit, and conditioner were omitted just the round soap that is always next to sink, lotion that everyone gets, and 1 Emery board. 

Love the idea of free drink added to medallion 

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

This shoe shine perk has been available to us for a long time.

Have not used it.

I am not good or comfortable with having Stewart/ess polishing my shoes.

Just something about it bothers me.

He/she has enough to do without having 25 pairs of passengers shoes to polish during his/her breaks or off time.

I had the cabin steward polish my shoes once.  He uses the liquid bottle with a sponge applicator.  It covered scuff marks but by no means left the shoes with a glossy shine----more of a flat black finish.

13 hours ago, elliair said:

Really?  So, I take it you don't buy or use anything that's plastic.  I bet you do use plastic and a lot of it.

I try to avoid it. I can't wash out those lotion bottles so the recycling centers can't recycle them and they go into landfills 

• Like 1

There was a shoe shine kit on a shelf in our closet which we never used.  He is not particular about any scuffs unless he has to be present for a military event such as color guard for Veterans and Memorial Day.

Sadly, our region stopped recycling glass years ago and there was just an announcement in our newspaper that they may stop plastic as well as it is too expensive to ship out.  As it is now, they are just incinerating it.

😕

16 hours ago, elliair said:

I don't want a pen or good notebook or a free drink.  I get free drinks at the Captains party for elites/platinum/suites.  I like the bag of goodies and so does my daughter.  I've got pens up the wazoo, what good is a notebook to me?  I've got the minibar, the bottles are plastic!

soooooo ...  I'll take that as a no .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1