NCL Pearl Cancelled 07/05/19

shadow1972

6 hours ago, shadow1972 said:

Sorry to hear this!!  Any inside information you can share with us about the issue?

Propulsion issues???  Captain cancelled Tomorrow, not going anywhere at this time

I’m very sorry for everyone affected by this — those on board now, and those booked on the July 5 cruise.  I know this will be very last minute, but I hope those who’ve already left for Italy to embark this Friday will be able to arrange a land vacation for all or part of the time they would have been on board. 

• Like 3

We have flown from Australia. In Paris now and due to fly to Rome in the morning. Trying to make alternate arrangements, the final kick in the teeth is our airline has just cancelled our return flight home.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, letiha said:

We have flown from Australia. In Paris now and due to fly to Rome in the morning. Trying to make alternate arrangements, the final kick in the teeth is our airline has just cancelled our return flight home.

Oh no!  So sorry!!!  It's gearing up to be the vacation from hell! 😞

6 minutes ago, letiha said:

What a nightmare!  So sorry.

12 minutes ago, letiha said:

That is such bad luck - long shot but you wern't by any chance in Berlin at the weekend were you ?

15 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

A long shot, but maybe this will help someone.

Those prices you posted on Koningsdam are excellent for a cruise leaving in 5 days....

I, too, hope some folks can jump on one of the alternatives in the region. 

1 hour ago, shadow1972 said:

This just in:

A full refund for the sailing, less any travel protection premium, as well as any pre-booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line, will be automatically refunded to your original form of payment. Please allow up to 7 business days for the refund to be reflected.

We understand the disappointment this unexpected situation has caused, and to demonstrate our gratitude for your patience, we will be extending a 100% future cruise credit of the cruise fare paid as well as covering airline change fees of up to $300 per person.

Well for NCL , this is fair compensation . I hope that the ship will be repaired in time  for those with upcoming cruises on the Pearl and that Norwegian will do its best to keep them informed . 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Those prices you posted on Koningsdam are excellent for a cruise leaving in 5 days....

I, too, hope some folks can jump on one of the alternatives in the region. 

that sailing as well as the Jade are sold out

36 minutes ago, letiha said:

While that sucks - you should have some leeway without paying a change fee now. If you don't want just the refund you may be able to switch it to a different day that suits you more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shadow1972 said:

I just received a robocall, and have confirmed this with my NCL cruise consultant that the 13 day Greek Isles & Italy from Rome has been cancelled due to unforeseen mechanical problems.  Way to give us a few days notice NCL.

What part of UNFORESEEN do you fail to comprehend?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, we were on the previous cruises which terminated in Amsterdam on 6/22 so looks like we dodged a major bullet there. I do know there were 80 passengers continuing doing a back to back so feel sorry for them.

There were no issues on our cruise at all. 

I am so sorry to hear about these cruises for all these people. The compensation might be fair,  but the planning, time off, long travel times, and the excitement of going away is so tough. All who cruise have heard of this happening, but with all the ships on the seas, you never believe it could be your vacation. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Birdie And Sue said:

What part of UNFORESEEN do you fail to comprehend?

Really? Is that necessary? It’s a very big deal for people who are flying or have already flown a very long way to sail. They have many things to sort out now. 

What is wrong with people that they feel the need to make snotty remarks like this?

• Like 17