Elite bathroom amenities

Highland dancer

Contents can vary somewhat in our experience but on our Sapphire Princess cruise last month it included:  a loofah, an eye shade, Lotus Spa conditioner (not the lotion which we usually receive), lip balm, emery board, a shower cap, small sewing kit, and a package with 3 cotton balls and 2 q-tips.  In the past we received a linen mist spray too.  Our 4 1/2 year old granddaughter likes them (minus the q-tips and sewing kit of course!).

We are just off the Crown and didn't get them either.  Our steward didn't seem to know what I was talking about.  We did miss them, especially the hair conditioner tube and lip balm.  And the sewing kit would have been useful when my daughter tore her pants. 

Why didn't you ask the circle hosts about an advertised amenity you didn't receive? There's no doubt they have the gold mesh amenity bags for the suites so ask them to get you one.

Edited by cruzsnooze

On Royal in March we got the gold bag with only a portion of the contents we normally receive. I asked the steward and was told that this is how it is now. After the cruise, I contacted Captains Circle folks and was told that the amenities for elite have NOT changed and should contain all the amenities suite passengers receive.

Another Princess inconsistency....

I was tempted to reply 'Not A lot' lol, and I see I am right. The Elite product as such does get eroded over time, and it is a real shame. With so many of us, I guess they have to cut costs somewhere. About time they re-looked at the status's and tiers perhaps and introduce an Elite Plus 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP as you can see it does vary from ship to ship.   We were on the Pacific a number of years ago and they ran out.   Those that got were happy and those that knew about it and didn't get were not happy and went from cabin to cabin asking if we received one.   As mentioned if your steward doesn't leave one ask.   For us at the end of the day if we didn't receive one or it was short it was not a deal breaker.   Now if they didn't make the cream filled donuts at least once on our cruise I would not be happy. 😮

18 minutes ago, ian441672 said:

I was tempted to reply 'Not A lot' lol, and I see I am right. The Elite product as such does get eroded over time, and it is a real shame. With so many of us, I guess they have to cut costs somewhere. About time they re-looked at the status's and tiers perhaps and introduce an Elite Plus 😉

Perhaps a good start would be to eliminate using cruise credits as a metric to use in advancing from one level to another.

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Why didn't you ask the circle hosts about an advertised amenity you didn't receive? There's no doubt they have the gold mesh amenity bags for the suites so ask them to get you one.

Captain's Circle desk lady had no idea either. And since straws disappeared on our cruise, I'm not surprised that the gold bags did too. 

9 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

We got ours on the Royal in May. I thought the gel eye mask was quite a nice addition. It’s something I will actually use. 

I noticed that the usual gel mask was replaced by a regular eye mask on the Sapphire last month. 

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

It appears they aren't providing them anymore.  Didn't get them on the Regal in March, and on the Caribbean right now, and none.

We got them in May on the Royal.  Never use them, but still a nice touch.  Maybe they're just using up the supply they had.  ??

1 hour ago, ian441672 said:

There's just way too many Elites now.  10 years ago, it wasn't that way.  There's a ton of people who would agree with you; me for one.  There definitely needs to be more tiers.  RCI has 5 I believe and it really sets aside the highest point earners from the rest of the crowd.

8 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

There's just way too many Elites now.  10 years ago, it wasn't that way.  There's a ton of people who would agree with you; me for one.  There definitely needs to be more tiers.  RCI has 5 I believe and it really sets aside the highest point earners from the rest of the crowd.

Another different way to limit the number of loyal cruisers might be for there to be a policy that one's status would be downgraded if one has not sailed Princess at all in, say, 2 or 3 years.  It is, after all, said to be a loyalty program, so there shouldn't be an issue with Princess expecting that.  

Occasionally people come on these boards and indicate that they are elite, but haven't sailed Princess for 5 or 10 years.  Loyal?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nukesubsailor said:

Perhaps a good start would be to eliminate using cruise credits as a metric to use in advancing from one level to another.

Wasn't that originally the only metric used and then days at sea was added later?

We will finally make it to Elite after our upcoming cruise in October with 13 cruises and 154 days. Our TA back home in November will be our first as Elite. Just in time to not have the bathroom stuff. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

I noticed that the usual gel mask was replaced by a regular eye mask on the Sapphire last month. 

Now that I would use. The gel mask has no place in my extremely low maintenance "beauty" routine. Washed face ✔️, brushed hair ✔️, brushed teeth ✔️, ready to go.

• Like 2

Eye mask? I’ve been lucky to get the 4 q-tips, hair conditioner, three cotton balls, and the luffa thing. Think I’ll try asking at the desk too on my next trip. It’s always been iffy even getting one. But I don’t let it mess with me being in my happy place! 

On my CB cruise last month, I got a tiny bag that had an emery board, q-tips/cotton, shower cap & lip balm.  I used to bring the nicely filled gold bags home to give to friends or relatives.  I'd be embarrassed to give this last one to anyone!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Be careful what you ask for. If they add a higher level, they might move some benefits that Elite currently have to start at the higher level. Certainly limiting a benefit such as free laundry to a new higher level would save Princess a lot of money.

RCI had a lot of flack after they limited some free drinks benefits to a higher level and many passengers lost that benefit because of that change.