Carnival Wide new standard is acoming now

AAAAmerican

3 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

I have seen more than once someone doing things with there hands while walking up to the buffet. Then squeezing a roll and not taking it, Checking the gravy with a finger. Sneezing or coughing directly at the buffet. The butter thing is minor. Take yours from the edge where usually no one does. AS for plastic in our oceans. It is not the plastic. Again it is those that toss it there. People are the problem, not the plastic. Same as trash along our roadways. Sure, blame the plastic. 

My point really was about there has always been a buffet and adding butter would be a slight change to the way buffet works.

4 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

My point really was about there has always been a buffet and adding butter would be a slight change to the way buffet works.

"adding butter would be a slight change to the way buffet works" Please explain. They all have butter now.

1 minute ago, twodaywonder said:

"adding butter would be a slight change to the way buffet works" Please explain. They all have butter now.

Being a tub/bowl compared to ind wrapped pads.

Edited by jimbo5544

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I love how people embrace change.  In regards to the cereal boxes, I imagine going to the dispenser will save them money despite the economical issues.  I cannot count the number of times ew have seen people on the last morning stuffing their carry on with boxes of cereal.  

While we try to limit ourselves to a just what we will use, I will agree that I have seen a few people "abusing" the fact that they are sitting out there for "grabs".

There is one that is kind of a granola mix that I like to eat dry, and makes a nice snack.
But it is definitely more economical to have it in a dispenser.
Plus I am sure it is less waste since it likely comes in a huge bag instead of a box.

22 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Violating environmental standards is one thing. What Carnival did was something entirely different. Busted for violating those laws, forced to pay a $40 million fine, put on probation with court appointed monitors on board, and they still continued to break the law. That's complete and total disregard of those standards, but ok let's pretend they're saints now for getting rid of a few items.

Carnival Cruise line didn't. Mostly Princess, I believe. And really, given the current sabotage of environmental standards coming out of Washington, I'm surprised the whole thing wasn't dropped. $40 million is nothing.

Here is one from last century where Royal was fined a "record" $18 million for polluting and lying about it.

https://archive.epa.gov/epapages/newsroom_archive/newsreleases/ef8f36c68c51183585257248006fab6e.html

Here is something on NCL

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2018/09/articles/pollution/polluting-cruise-lines-continue-violate-alaskan-air-water-laws/

No doubt whoever is caught next time - and there will be a next time - will set another new record.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 2:02 PM, Organized Chaos said:

The elimination of plastic straws (replaced with sugar straws), along with other items being eliminated, was announced about a month ago.

Putting butter into community containers to be used by that many people is absolutely disgusting. Someone scoops out butter with their silverware...how do we know where that silverware has been? I can't believe they think that's sanitary. There are alternatives to single-serve butter packets other than the small plastic containers.

How Princess does butter in the MDR

IMG_20190616_192432653.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 4:31 PM, 2PinaColadas said:

I will be taking my stainless steel straws with me.  I agree with replacing plastics, but what is the point of a sugar straw that will quickly dissolve?

What my wife uses

IMG_20190518_203327650.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

yeah...better not use any silverware to eat with either...that can really cause some damage....

I think most people know or at least read about some who can't be trusted with anything more dangerous than a spoon.

I wouldn't be surprised if blunt plastic scissors come with a warning these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/4/2019 at 2:31 PM, bury me at sea said:

I plan to take butter.  Certainly not going to eat whatever it is being served in the MDR.

Will simply do without straws.

Really ?  . . . you can't be serious . . . LOL. Carry on or checked luggage ?

Edited by glrounds
  • Like 1

How can YOU tell a good buffet from a Bad on eh?

A=

Simply watch how they re-supply the Trays. The butter now too.

When the workers simply scrape new ingredients into the old trays they now become contaminated with massive amounts of bacteria counts increase.

Kinda like when someone cruising drops an object and puts it back in the food trays..

Yes EWWwww, sneeze guards are meant to protect others..

Edited by AAAAmerican
  • Haha 1

I would much rather get the butter squares with tongs where people can just drop the square on to their plate.  That beats the current way where people use the same butter knife, stick their hand into the crock, get butter all over it and their hand, scrape in on their plate, and put the butter knife back in the crock.  I'll take tongs any day over people getting their hands all over whipped butter.  That's just gross. The up side is that I will save the calories I would have eaten for a roll with butter and use them getting some soft serve.