SAD NEWS

mamaofami

In attempting to contact Donna Beitel today, Judy Marder and I discovered she died last November or December. We remember her as a sweet lady we cruised with and I know she was know to many on this board.

• Thanks 1

Carol,

Thank you for posting the sad news.

I struggle to post such messages.

It  was vey hard for me to wite you, Carol   as I knew you had not  yet learned of   Donna's passing

Donna and her DH, Jon, were  a delightful couple.  She was  a  lovely woman, She had  a beauti ful large family. May she 

RIP

image.png.fbbd3d1260fb6771ff3f8a9ab93bcb94.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mamaofami said:

In attempting to contact Donna Beitel today, Judy Marder and I discovered she died last November or December. We remember her as a sweet lady we cruised with and I know she was know to many on this board.

Donna’s daughter was nice enough to post on FB and let her FB friends see it.  You gave a very nice comment at the time ❤️ 

Thanks Carol for letting the CC members know.  

Donna did a lot for these boards.  Those that have been around will remember her Future Cruise Listings and wonderful Bon Voyage threads with her great poems.  I will misspell her CC name but is was GmaPajama I think. .  (I am afraid that might be wrong wrong and I apologize but it came out like grandma pajama).

Even though she had retired from it, she kindly took over for me around 6 years ago when I was cruising.

She was a very kind and gracious lady.  

May she be remembered by us all with love and R.I.P.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Saw your post on FB today Carol! Thanks to you and Judy for letting all us here know about this sad news

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Donna’s daughter was nice enough to post on FB and let her FB friends see it.  You gave a very nice comment at the time ❤️ 

Thanks Carol for letting the CC members know.  

Donna did a lot for these boards.  Those that have been around will remember her Future Cruise Listings and wonderful Bon Voyage threads with her great poems.  I will misspell her CC name but is was GmaPajama I think. .  (I am afraid that might be wrong wrong and I apologize but it came out like grandma pajama).

Even though she had retired from it, she kindly took over for me around 6 years ago when I was cruising.

She was a very kind and gracious lady.  

May she be remembered by us all with love and R.I.P.

As  her DH,   Jon (correct spelling) became more ill they cut back on their crusing and  Donna  was not here on   CC very much.    I have missed her.

I very rarely go to FB and am not even sure if she and I  were    'friends' there.    FB holds little  attraction for me

image.png.a1971183c0cce903174da289772c9fce.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Jacqui, I think my comment on Facebook was made today.

Yes, it was.(sorry if I missed the date)  And a very nice, kind one it was ❤️ 

A very funny story about Donna and my husband. She and Jon had rented one of the cabanas on HMC and asked Sam to join them. I stayed on the ship, and Sam rested in what he thought was their hammock. At dinner they asked why he didn't come to their cabana. Turns out he was at someone else's cabana and thought it was theirs. We joked about it a lot.

• Haha 2