Speciality Restaurant Reservations

rollie

Ok, we've pretty much decided to book our very first Oceania cruise.  We are Elite Plus with Celebrity, but are looking for a change.  I understand that one needs reservations for the speciality restaurants.  How do you make reservations?  Can they be made pre cruise?  I understand that there are priority reservations depending one cabins.  As we will probably be in an inside cabin, how hard will it be to get reservations?  Thanks for any help.  

Rollie

PS,  not sure how much difference this makes, but we are looking booking the Insignia.

There is a set schedule for when you can first make reservations online.  Someone will post them, I know!  Or you should find them at the website.

Insides will have to wait for all the higher levels to book FIRST, which can be a drawback BUT you are guaranteed a reservation in each restaurant (only 2 specialties on Insignia).  The problem could be getting the time you want if you want to dine alone.  Many of us will opt for earlier or later times, or also share tables.  You can share with people you have already met (say at your roll call) or people who are assigned to your table.  We've had good luck with both options.  They do NOT book all the tables online.  They hold back a certain number for those passengers who are not internet-savvy.

Once on board there is always a chance you can get extra reservations.  That is a CHANCE, not a guarantee.

You pre book your reservation in advance, online, or through your TA.

Specialty restaurant reservations may be made in advance in the Booked Cruises section of My Account on our website, or by phone, according to the schedule below, and may be changed up until 7 days prior to sailing. Reservations must be paid in full prior to making reservations. Reservations may also be made on board. Guests with priority embarkation privileges (Concierge and above) will have Priority Reservations from 11:00 am until 1:00 pm in Polo Grill. Guests in other staterooms can make their specialty restaurant reservations from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm.  

• Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite 
    Advance reservations may be made on the date final payment is due and has been received until 7 days prior to sailing, which varies between 90 and 150 days, depending on length of sailing. 
  • Penthouse Suite 
    Reservations may be made 75-7 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.
  • Concierge Level Veranda 
    Reservations may be made 60-7 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full. 

Per the Oceania FAQ’s:

Insignia, Nautica, Regatta and Sirena 
Concierge Level Veranda and above 
Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant 
Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant 
Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant 

All other categories 
Cruises 17 days or less: 1 reservations at each restaurant 
Cruises 18 days or more: 2 reservations at each restaurant 

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rollie said:

Ok, we've pretty much decided to book our very first Oceania cruise.  We are Elite Plus with Celebrity, but are looking for a change.  I understand that one needs reservations for the speciality restaurants.  How do you make reservations?  Can they be made pre cruise?  I understand that there are priority reservations depending one cabins.  As we will probably be in an inside cabin, how hard will it be to get reservations?  Thanks for any help.  

Rollie

PS,  not sure how much difference this makes, but we are looking booking the Insignia.

Smart move to try Oceania. Prepare to wave goodbye to Celebrity.

Most importantly, understand that "specialty" restaurants on Oceania don't mean better food. Rather, these restaurants have a focused menu and more intimate ambiance. The food everywhere, including GDR and the casual Terrace Café (please don't try to self-serve items) is exceptionally good.

Depending on ship, itinerary and cabin class, you will have a pre-cruise calendar window when you can book your INITIAL allotment of specialty reservations in your web account. Willingness to share tables gets you the most flexible timing. Once onboard, you can add additional reservations with never an added charge. However, you do need to be flexible about date/time/sharing and recognize that, in most instances, these added reservations are made available on a day-to-day basis.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cruseforme said:

You pre book your reservation in advance, online, or through your TA.

Specialty restaurant reservations may be made in advance in the Booked Cruises section of My Account on our website, or by phone, according to the schedule below, and may be changed up until 7 days prior to sailing. Reservations must be paid in full prior to making reservations. Reservations may also be made on board. Guests with priority embarkation privileges (Concierge and above) will have Priority Reservations from 11:00 am until 1:00 pm in Polo Grill. Guests in other staterooms can make their specialty restaurant reservations from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm.  

Advance reservations may be made on the date final payment is due and has been received until 7 days prior to sailing, which varies between 90 and 150 days, depending on length of sailing. 
  • Penthouse Suite 
    Reservations may be made 75-7 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.
    Reservations may be made 60-7 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full. 

Per the Oceania FAQ’s:

Insignia, Nautica, Regatta and Sirena 
Concierge Level Veranda and above 
Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant 
Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant 
Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant 

All other categories 
Cruises 17 days or less: 1 reservations at each restaurant 
Cruises 18 days or more: 2 reservations at each restaurant 

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-

Excellent info.  Thanks!

10 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Remarkable what one can find if they read the cruise line website!

And what is your point?  Thanks everyone else for your help.

Rollie

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cruseforme said:
  • Penthouse Suite 

But when copying from the website, you cut off the last category of rooms, the ones that would be applicable for OP 😉

All Other Categories 
Reservations may be made 45-7 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.

1 hour ago, Hoyaheel said:

But when copying from the website, you cut off the last category of rooms, the ones that would be applicable for OP 😉

Thanks for that, it's exactly what I was looking for.

Rollie

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rollie said:

And what is your point?  Thanks everyone else for your help.

Rollie

there are a few rude, burnt out know it alls over here on the oceania boards......you can just put them on ignore.  Most are very helpful.

Be aware that ‘good’ times get taken quickly. We are on Insignia right now and the only time I could get for both restaurants was 9:00 o’clock. Our traveling companions (SiLand friends) were able to book for 8:00 for their times just a day or so before us. 

We were able to change one of then but we’re having to eat solo for two nights as we couldn’t alter our Toscana booking, which is 9:00 tonight and theirs is 8:00 tomorrow. This means we’ll miss the show, which is at 9:45!  

57 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

Be aware that ‘good’ times get taken quickly. We are on Insignia right now and the only time I could get for both restaurants was 9:00 o’clock. Our traveling companions (SiLand friends) were able to book for 8:00 for their times just a day or so before us. 

We were able to change one of then but we’re having to eat solo for two nights as we couldn’t alter our Toscana booking, which is 9:00 tonight and theirs is 8:00 tomorrow. This means we’ll miss the show, which is at 9:45!  

Yes, since we're on the Left Coast and the clock starts running at midnight (+1 minute?) I intend to be on the site and ready to go prior to 9PM our time.

I always found the key to getting the times you want is to be willing to share a table. Or book a suite, your choice. I always try to book in the first 24 hours that they're open.

• Like 1

Clo;

I’m sorry but that strategy won’t work. You’ll need to log into your account after 12:00 EST. 

If you log log in prior it won’t allow you to book reservations.

That is a bit of information one can’t learn from reading Oceania’s website and I will gladly help with.

Edited by pinotlover

We're traveling with my in-laws on Oceania- I'm a notorious control freak and they are notoriously NOT. So I asked them for their booking # so I could be in charge of trying to get the specialty restaurant dinner reservations 😉  I am hoping trying to book a table for 4 (and being flexible on time) will help...

[They do want to eat with us, and in the specialty restaurants - but they'd think about it at 4pm and want to go to dinner at 6....]

Hoyaheel;

With their booking number and some flexibility you should do fine finding a table for four. Book as early as you can. 

Also remember that if the restaurants are booked for nights and times you want, check other night availabilities. Some nights book up quickly while others have plenty of availability.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Clo;

I’m sorry but that strategy won’t work. You’ll need to log into your account after 12:00 EST. 

If you log log in prior it won’t allow you to book reservations.

That is a bit of information one can’t learn from reading Oceania’s website and I will gladly help with.

GREAT to know!  Thanks a mil.

1 hour ago, Guindalf said:

check later in the day to see if any cancellations  ..if a port day some often decide they are too tired  to go after a day ashore

too bad it is so late  ..if that is all I could get I would not bother  but that is me

27 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

[They do want to eat with us, and in the specialty restaurants - but they'd think about it at 4pm and want to go to dinner at 6....]

well that could be  a problem as the dining venues open at 6:30 pm 😎

good luck

Clo;

Additionally don’t be surprised if you have a bit of trouble logging in shortly after 12:00 EST! Oceania’s website is getting hit by not only similar status cruisers from your cruise, but also from any other cruise that has the same dates. 

Be patient , it may take 5-6 minutes, but logging in at 11:59 is a waste of time. You’ll have to log out and then log back in post midnight.

1 minute ago, pinotlover said:

Clo;

Additionally don’t be surprised if you have a bit of trouble logging in shortly after 12:00 EST! Oceania’s website is getting hit by not only similar status cruisers from your cruise, but also from any other cruise that has the same dates. 

Be patient , it may take 5-6 minutes, but logging in at 11:59 is a waste of time. You’ll have to log out and then log back in post midnight.

You are quickly becoming one of my heroes 🙂 Cath

10 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I am not so sure about this.

I have done this "exercise" many times but I don't recall having to logout and log back in after midnight.

I am usually just logged in and start booking after midnight EST - but my memory ain't what it used to be ☺️.

I will pay more attention with my next booking.

PS I am pretty sure it works the same with airline awards - I am booked in and hit the reserve button just passed the timeline (not logging in after timeline). I don't think their computer cares when you logged in - it just cares about when you ask for the reservation.

Edited by Paulchili

50 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Book as early as you can. 

Thanks - I have calendar notifications set 😉 We're also totally flexible about dates & times. Except my in-laws want to eat on Christmas at a specialty restaurant, but none of us have priority booking. We've already warned them it probably won't be possible....

30 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

well that could be  a problem as the dining venues open at 6:30 pm 😎

Hadn't checked actual times; using a little hyperbole to highlight the differences between my planning and their "seat of the pants" lack thereof 😉