after checking in on line how long to get luggage tags

fragilek

Have you actually ordered the luggage tags?  About half the time we don't receive the tags after ordering online, so end up calling the Captains' Club/Shoreside Concierge.  But if your online order was successful, you should receive them in about a week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fragilek said:

Checked in on line now says luggage tags pending.  How long until the luggage tags become available.

Thanks

Approx 45 days before your cruise.

However in the UK we can no longer request them to be mailed, You need to click the link and print them out.

Just now, fragilek said:

I thought I could just print them off? do I have to have them sent to me ?

Are you posting from North America or the UK?  There will be a copy of the luggage tag in your e-docs, which you can print out.  But in NA we can have sturdy self-adhesive tags mailed to us, or we can print off the tags from the d-docs.  

The luggage tags can be printed by yourself or you can have them mailed to you, if you're in the U.S. We checked in on July 7 and ordered the tags mailed. They arrived yesterday, the 13th of July. Easy as can be.

1 minute ago, fragilek said:

I also cannot view or print edocs either

How long before your cruise? They told me on the phone edocs would be available around the 30 day mark. 

So unless you’ve got 3 weeks or less to go don’t panic just yet. 

Just now, Highpeaklad said:

How long before your cruise? They told me on the phone edocs would be available around the 30 day mark. 

So unless you’ve got 3 weeks or less to go don’t panic just yet. 

a lot less

5 minutes ago, fragilek said:

what is in the edocs

The e-docs are a total recap of your cruise. The big thing is the cruise contract, which in layman's term state that they are not responsible for anything that goes on before or during the cruise, you are. Weather, mechanical failure,cruises changes, running out of materials, etc., etc.

It's 6 weeks from today until our cruise and when I went into Manage My Account and checked on my Express Pass the Print My Luggage tags link had been activated which enabled me to print them off, so I would think that it is 6 weeks from the date of cruise. I was also able to print off my docs which is entitled Guest Ticket Booklet.

11 minutes ago, fragilek said:

what is in the edocs

Is this your first cruise?  Curious, as you've got over 1000 posts and have been a member for 7 years.  If so, you are the most prepared person for their first cruise I have ever "met"!  If not, you gotten these for every cruise you've been on.

Edited by CruisinCons

6 minutes ago, CruisinCons said:

Is this your first cruise?  Curious, as you've got over 1000 posts and have been a member for 7 years.  If so, you are the most prepared person for their first cruise I have ever "met"!  If not, you gotten these for every cruise you've been on.

?? - not really understanding this or where you are going with it lol . Although this is my 6th cruise, this is both my first cruise with celebrity and my first cruise booked through a USA TA.  Booking in the UK at a travel agent is very different.  We go into the shop and pick up all this stuff usually about 2 weeks ahead  of travel. Usually handed to us in a nice little booklet lol. Some trips are even packages where we give our luggage over at check in and don't even have to go through passport control in the arrival country (caribbeen ones). Instead we are bussed straight from the plane to the ship and reconnect with the luggage there.  So all very different 

32 minutes ago, fragilek said:

?? - not really understanding this or where you are going with it lol . Although this is my 6th cruise, this is both my first cruise with celebrity and my first cruise booked through a USA TA.  Booking in the UK at a travel agent is very different.  We go into the shop and pick up all this stuff usually about 2 weeks ahead  of travel. Usually handed to us in a nice little booklet lol. Some trips are even packages where we give our luggage over at check in and don't even have to go through passport control in the arrival country (caribbeen ones). Instead we are bussed straight from the plane to the ship and reconnect with the luggage there.  So all very different 

So what we in the US mean by "edocs" is the nice little booklet you pick up in the shop.  We only get them electronically in the US. 

If you are not in the US, you cannot order luggage tags from Celebrity because they only mail them to the US and Canada.  Your US TA could, but that isn't going to do you much good since YOU are not in the US.  When your e-docs are ready, there will be a picture of a luggage tag in there which you're welcome to use as a luggage tag, although it won't be very sturdy unless you engage in some sort of craft project with it.  Your other option is to have the porters at the pier tag your luggage for you.  You will just need to know your cabin number.  Keep checking your booking on Celebrity's site and it will tell you when the e-docs are ready.  You don't need to print them (except for the luggage tag if you want that).  Save the trees.  You will want to print your Xpress pass.  That speeds up check in at the pier.  You can actually check in without it, it will just take longer.  All you really need is a passport and a credit card.

If your booking doesn't show up on Celebrity's site, you can add it yourself.  You just need to know your Celebrity booking number.

Hope this helps.  If you need any more info, just ask.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, fragilek said:

I have the express passes done and printed with the bar codes but cannot view or print either luggage tags or edocs

We are also sailing in 3 weeks and I cannot print either luggage tags for e docs. Just like you it says PENDING.

I am UK based and I have the same issue with my iPad and iPhone, all that comes up is a blank screen. My way round is to log onto a non- Apple system ( my old dell computer or a work one that runs on Windows) and then everything comes up. It is the only way I can print things off 😱

Not to worry if you cannot as it can all be done at the port. The porters have luggage labels and check in can handle you booking in without an express pass!

Real, but generic tags are available in ports. Ask porter and put (or he will do this) your cabin and name and attach to luggage.

We started doing it after cruiselines stopped sending real tags via mail.

1 hour ago, LEESRE said:

We are also sailing in 3 weeks and I cannot print either luggage tags for e docs. Just like you it says PENDING.

I had the same problem. I called Celebrity. After 3 calls, they fixed it. If you're cruising in 3 weeks, your documents should be ready. It's a technology problem.