May 2021 Cruise Schedules

We are also booked on the Ovation April 25/May 8, 2021.  We are sailing her from Japan to Seattle on the last leg.  I will breathe easier on that booking this far out once I see the Alaska itineraries for 2021 listing the Ovation.  So, I will be looking for those new itineraries, too.  We actually have a cruise booked for fall of 2020 that we plan to cancel.  But, I am holding onto it "just in case" something happens to the Ovation cruise.  It has a NRF deposit and a good price and I don't want to throw any of it away until I am sure that the Ovation itinerary won't change (not unheard of). 

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

How did it work out? They kicked us off the ship prior to the TA. 🤔

That qualifies as a horror story to a lot of folks

We knew the TA was cancelled about a year before the cruise, we got to spend two great additional days in Barcelona.  About a thousand of us took the Carnival Horizon on her initial TA, was a nice enough cruise, got to get off the ship in NYC and a short ride to Lehigh Valley, PA.  Would have preferred the Mariner getting off in Florida.  My wife thought the Carnival cruise was OK, but she confirms that it was our first and last one.  Fine with me.  We did a nice enough 10 day Princess out of Singapore, but we are finished with them also unless they come jump with a great itinerary for a great price.  Not counting on it.  Seems we got some extra credits used on the last commercial cruise, Dubai to Barcelona.  There were no restrictions on what turned out to be the last cruise before dry dock.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mugtech said:

We knew the TA was cancelled about a year before the cruise, we got to spend two great additional days in Barcelona.  About a thousand of us took the Carnival Horizon on her initial TA, was a nice enough cruise, got to get off the ship in NYC and a short ride to Lehigh Valley, PA.  Would have preferred the Mariner getting off in Florida.  My wife thought the Carnival cruise was OK, but she confirms that it was our first and last one.  Fine with me.  We did a nice enough 10 day Princess out of Singapore, but we are finished with them also unless they come jump with a great itinerary for a great price.  Not counting on it.  Seems we got some extra credits used on the last commercial cruise, Dubai to Barcelona.  There were no restrictions on what turned out to be the last cruise before dry dock.

We're on Ovation prior to her drydock in Singapore. Also on Allure prior to hers. 

I dont care about Allure, but we'd be devastated if something happened to that Ovation repo

2 hours ago, mugtech said:

Was signed up previously for an Explorer TP that did not happen.  The good news was it was killed more than a year out, plenty of time to find alternatives.

We were on that as well, but it did not tie into another set of cruises.

Funny thing is we cancelled the 2018 Explorer TP to do the Mariner Odyssey

7 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

That one seems like a very risky one.... 🙄

That is why I booked it! 👍 😇

We are on the week before, and I still have the one before that, but we dont want to keep it.

Why is it risky? Does Ovation have mechanical issues?  The drydock seems minor

Edited by John&LaLa

I don't believe the Ovation has any mechanical problems.  I am also booked on the two cruises following the dry dock.  I am just waiting to make sure that they won't redeploy the Ovation from Alaska in 2021.  If she does not go to Alaska then the TP would be cancelled.  I won't be booking airfare or anything else nonrefundable until I see the Alaska itineraries in effect.  

37 minutes ago, Virtopia said:

I'm also waiting for May 2021 to become available as I'd like to book a TA from Florida to Spain. 

I may miss the Spring 21 crossings

Ovation repo to Singapore may eat the budget

Edited by John&LaLa

On 7/22/2019 at 1:47 PM, Sunny AZ Girl said:

We are also booked on the Ovation April 25/May 8, 2021.  We are sailing her from Japan to Seattle on the last leg.  I will breathe easier on that booking this far out once I see the Alaska itineraries for 2021 listing the Ovation.  So, I will be looking for those new itineraries, too.  We actually have a cruise booked for fall of 2020 that we plan to cancel.  But, I am holding onto it "just in case" something happens to the Ovation cruise.  It has a NRF deposit and a good price and I don't want to throw any of it away until I am sure that the Ovation itinerary won't change (not unheard of). 

Ovation is currently doing the Friday 7-night Seattle to Seattle Alaskan cruise, so since we arrive Seattle on 8 May 2021 (Friday), I suspect they will be doing the same 7-nighters.

1 minute ago, island lady said:

ahh...can't take it with you.   Broker told us years ago, the best scenario is letting the last check bounce.  😉 😄 

We fly to Sydney and home from Singapore,  that's going to be pricey. Plus I want to stay two days at Marina Bay Sands. $$$

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We fly to Sydney and home from Singapore,  that's going to be pricey. Plus I want to stay two days at Marina Bay Sands. $$$

Is that that cool hotel with the horizon pool looking out over the roof?  Loved that picture!!  🙂 

Hope you have much better luck with that Singapore flight than you did last year!  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Ovation is currently doing the Friday 7-night Seattle to Seattle Alaskan cruise, so since we arrive Seattle on 8 May 2021 (Friday), I suspect they will be doing the same 7-nighters.

Yes. We are booked on the May 8 TP with you. What I meant is that I really want to do that cruise. However, if they redeploy the Ovation away from Alaska in 2021, which I know could never happen Lol, they would cancel our TP.  Since we are so far out I will just feel better once they release the 2021 Alaska cruises as that would lock us in for the TP. 

On 7/27/2019 at 9:23 AM, John&LaLa said:

Agree with Pat -- hope you actually get to STAY at Marine Bay Sands!!

• Thanks 1