Save on Sunshine new promotion

Boatdrill

If anyone is tempted to book this promo, read the fine print before you do !

"This promotional fare has a 50% reduced deposit that is 100% non-refundable unless one of our Cancellation Protection Plans is purchased at time of booking".

Remember that the CPP premium is non-refundable, even before final payment.  

I just wanted to post this before someone books a cruise with the promo, and isn't aware of the tricky details.  😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

San Diego to Mexican Riviera round trips this fall between US Thanksgiving and Christmas are the best fares I have seen in a long time!  I just booked a B2B on the Oosterdam since it's such an easy port to get to from San Francisco.  I hadn't planned on cruising again this year but couldn't pass up the good prices! 😎   Save on Sunshine Promo got us included premium internet for our Signature Suite.

~Nancy

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

We received a price reduction of $1,200 on our Christmas/New Year's cruise, and we didn't lose any of the incentives HAL had originally offered last Christmas when we first booked.  Very nice.

Is it me or does HAL seem to offer cruises at substantially higher prices a year out, then as it gets closer (5 months in this case) they dramatically reduce the price as to sell out the cruise.  I was considering the Oosterdam cruise for Christmas but at the original price is was over $3500 for a balcony cabin, a bit out of my price range.  Now I see it is around $2,000.  Too late, I already booked a different cruise on that stupid sunshine promo with non-refundable deposit.  Going to the Caribbean instead.  Oh well, at least I'm cruisin.

I see the Caribbean cruise is even less now, anyone get a price reduction with the Sunshine Promo?   Wonder with the non-refundable deposit if thy will do that?

I don't know about everyone, but I had an Aft Vista suite reserved for the  Nov 10 sailing Nieuw Statendam.  I decided to go for a Signature suite instead,  because it was a VERY important milestone birthday for me and I wanted to splurge a bit😉.

I called my big box TA and waited on hold for a while and low and behold, I got a Neptune guaranty suite for 5100$.

I also received 405$ OBC and an extra 250$ OBC WITH free internet.  I said yes and I am excited.  I think it is reasonable.

Edited by Judyrem
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, I like vacation said:

If I book with this promo (non refundable deposit), will I be able to get any price reductions that may occur before final payment? 

My understanding is NO, because re-faring is actually instantaneous cancelling and re-booking so you would lose your original deposit. ETA: As well as the perks of the promo.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

My understanding is NO, because re-faring is actually instantaneous cancelling and re-booking so you would lose your original deposit. ETA: As well as the perks of the promo.

I did not lose my deposit, they credited it to my new cabin and promos.

Maybe the TA did it or HAL, all I know is my final payment is not due until Aug 13, nothing was lost and the promos were applied to the new Neptune suite.

Edited by Judyrem
  • Thanks 1

With the Explore 4 promotion, I got an MM inside as a solo for $1500 without taxes with $950 shipboard credit and a free Pinnacle dinner for the April 2021 Maasdam Mexican Riviera cruise. The best cruise deal I've had in a long time! Is it an Explore 4-no, All I got was a dinner, lots of credit and a reduced deposit. But I'm pretty happy! 

• Like 1