LIVE (perhaps) Harmony July 21-28!!!!

22 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

I don't know enough about sharks but how do you tell if a shark is friendly or not? If I  saw one I'd probably freak out.

Friendly:  Nurse Sharks, Whale Sharks.  

Not so Friendly:  Great Whites, Tiger Sharks, Black tips, Hammerheads...etc.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Friendly:  Nurse Sharks, Whale Sharks.  

Not so Friendly:  Great Whites, Tiger Sharks, Black tips, Hammerheads...etc.  

After doing a image search, I don't know if I could tell the difference that quickly between the lemon and some of the others. My guess is I still will go in and enjoy the ocean and if I get eaten I'll know it is by a not so friendly shark. You don't seem to hear about many shark attacks in the Caribbean as opposed to the coast around the US. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't want to be in fear.  I have not spent a lot of time in the ocean so by doing more cruises, I hope to feel more comfortable in the ocean. Sorry if I hijacked this thread. I still want to hear more about Harmony and this great cruise from dude htd.

Edited by Swank Pad G
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

After doing a image search, I don't know if I could tell the difference that quickly between the lemon and some of the others. My guess is I still will go in and enjoy the ocean and if I get eaten I'll know it is by a not so friendly shark. You don't seem to hear about many shark attacks in the Caribbean as opposed to the coast around the US. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't want to be in fear I have not spent a lot of time in the ocean so by doing more cruises, I hope to feel more comfortable in the ocean. Sorry if I hijacked this thread. I still want to hear more about Harmony and this great cruise from dude htd.

Until I saw Jaws, I would swim in the ocean day or night. As teens, we often skinny dipped at night. 

We never worried about sharks or even thought about them. 

Jaws scared me away from being comfortable, but I’m the one that changed, not the sharks. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

After doing a image search, I don't know if I could tell the difference that quickly between the lemon and some of the others. My guess is I still will go in and enjoy the ocean and if I get eaten I'll know it is by a not so friendly shark. You don't seem to hear about many shark attacks in the Caribbean as opposed to the coast around the US. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't want to be in fear.  I have not spent a lot of time in the ocean so by doing more cruises, I hope to feel more comfortable in the ocean. Sorry if I hijacked this thread. I still want to hear more about Harmony and this great cruise from dude htd.

Your are in far more danger driving on the highways, than the rare chance of getting eaten by a shark.  😉  

If sharks are present, simply stay out of the water, and by all means...don't make little splashy noises that sound like wounded fish.  😮 

• Like 1

😀

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

if sharks are present, simply stay out of the water, and by all means...don't make little splashy noises that sound like wounded fish.  😮 

Duly noted!😉

Edited by Swank Pad G

We stayed at Towneplace in Titusville.  Looks very new...thus clean and less than half the price of big name brands in Cocoa Beach.

Here are Cruise Compass for first 3 days.  Hopefully it up loads in order.

Dinner night 2 was Wonderland.  Waiter brought out 6 appetizers.  Each person chooses 1 entree.  I had the pork which was pork belly bacon again.  I thought this was much better than the bacon at chops.  Less spices to over power the meat taste.  Also lots more fat content...90% at least.  Much closer to my expectation from the DC restaurant.  Keep an open mind for taste and entertainment and you'll likely enjoy it...I sure did.

We didn't have reservation so did the walk-in for adult comedy club and Fine Line.  2 comedians going about 20 minutes each.  First guy was ok.  Second was hillarious.

20190723_064802.jpg

20190723_064233.jpg

20190723_064811.jpg

20190723_064210.jpg

20190723_064752.jpg

20190723_064223.jpg

20190723_064559.jpg

20190723_064630.jpg

20190723_064643.jpg

20190723_064700.jpg

20190723_064710.jpg

20190723_064133.jpg

20190723_064727.jpg

20190723_064201.jpg

Love your review!  We board on Sunday for two weeks and do want to see Grease being as we're old enough:classic_biggrin:.  My friends were at Coco a few weeks ago and they DID have sharks swimming around them, near Chill Island I believe.  They took pictures.  The sharks weren't too big but I don't know how big they have to be to do damage.  My friends were in maybe 3 feet of water.  They weren't bitten and weren't discouraged either, just surprised.  We were at Coco in May and June.  It's easy to get a chair and umbrella at the beach area because most people are headed to the water park.

Edited by torpeedo
  • Like 1

I think the sharks were more afraid of all the people surrounding it. I was in knee high water and the shark was also in that depth. My son looked under and said one was a nurse and the other was more traditional gray but couldn’t tell what type. RC life guards were near by and didn’t seem concerned so must be normal sighting.

Breakfast today was in MDR. Sat on the buffet side but asked waiter for eggs Benedict with no issue. Very nice and relaxing compared to Windjammer. Will do again.

Speaking of Windjammer....everyone corralled thru hand washing sinks. 4 sinks on each of 2 entrance. Sad that people can’t take care of their sanitary way such that RC had to make this change and slow down entrance. Even with that, it wasn’t difficult to spot people not using tongs to grab food.

Lunch in Solarium.  Again relaxing compared to WJ.

Formal night tonight so got dressed for pictures at 5pm. Got 3 photo scenes in by 5:30 and did that walk-in at MDR since our reservation was 6:45. We got table for 4 by 5:45. Done with dessert by 6:45. Not bad.

Headliner show at 8:30 with ventriloquist.

• Like 1

Day 4 Compass

Ventriloquist Ronn Lucas was amazing last night.  Took a volunteer from audience to incorporate and it was highly entertaining.

Arriving in St Thomas around noon.  Was going to take ferry to Honeymoon beach but family wants to walk downtown now.  Oh well.  This will be our 2nd time here.  Last time was 1999 on my Honeymoon cruise on Celebrity.  This time we've got 2 teenage offsprings along for the ride.

20190724_085512.jpg

20190724_085523.jpg

20190724_085531.jpg

20190724_085544.jpg

20190724_085554.jpg

On 7/22/2019 at 11:09 AM, John&LaLa said:

You might want to watch the movie version again. The lyrics are the same.  What's really shocking, is watching the sing along version on Freedom back in the day. The lyrics to Greased Lighting are hillarious.  Never realized that when watching the movie. 

I wont quote them out of respect, but they are way over the top😉

The lyrics are QUITE dirty! It would shock most people if they really listened to them, and Travolta sang them!

16 minutes ago, Drock20J said:

What were your thoughts on St. Thomas, I am struggling to find something (other than the beach) to do. We have a 2 year old with us, so we cannot do anything TOO crazy!

Take the ferry to St John's Cruz Bay

1 minute ago, Drock20J said:

I have to agree with the above post. Now that the larger ships are docked at Crown, we would have to get a taxi over to the gondola. Otherwise, this would be on my list!

We enjoyed the ride, it would be worth the taxi to us.