First Time Neptune Suite. What to expect?

MarKandi

Of our many cruises on HAL, the thrifty side of me has never booked a Neptune suite until now. We leave Sunday for an Alaska  7 day and I thought I would try to get the best bang for the buck.

Any hints/tips on what “extras” we get with a Neptune suite? We’ve only stayed mostly in Signature Suites so I’m somewhat of a rookie on this. I believe we get access to  the Neptune lounge and Concierge but what does that include? Any hidden perks that we might not know about.

Relying on everyone’s experience to help better our short time onboard.

Thanks Everyone!

Btw.... sailing on the Oosterdam

Edited by MarKandi

Neptune Suites do include the Neptune Lounge with munchies, snacks/continental breakfast depending on time of day.  Fresh squeezed oj usually there and a great coffee machine.  I also prefer the teas there compared to the one in the Lido.  Same brand as they use in the Pinnacle Grill.  Concierges are there to help with whatever - combination of front desk, reservations, shore excursions, etc.

Free laundry and drycleaning, breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill or Club Orange (not sure how that is being transitioned on the Oosterdam but they do have Club Orange).  Club Orange for dinner which means an extra choice of an entree (if that excites you).

Priority line up at embarkation (with all the other 4 and 5* Mariners), priority for tendering and disembarkation is when you want to get off, normally.

There will be a little get together in the Neptune lounge (or elsewhere) your first night with the concierges and your fellow suite guests.

I’ve probably forgotten/omitted some stuff but those are the key things, I think.  (PLUS the space 😉 )

• Like 1

We took an upgrade to the Neptune Suite on our recent Alaska cruise on the Eurodam and really enjoyed the extra space. But our favorite perk would have to be the free laundry and dry cleaning. We also enjoyed breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. We were spending a night in Seattle after the cruise so we were able to stay in our suite until we left the ship, nice not to be rushed off. Not sure if it was the Neptune Suite or the staff but we seemed to get a faster response when we ask our cabin stewards for something. The Concierges also helped change a few dinner reservations we had. You'll no doubt enjoy the suite.

The BEST difference, IMO between a signature suite and a Neptune is never, ever, ever having to go to any service desk - never have to go to the front desk, the future cruise consultant will meet with you in the Neptune Lounge, and any appointments for the spa or dining reservations are also done by your wonderful Neptune Lounge Concierges.  They literally do it all, and usually very, very well and with a smile! 

The coffee machine in your suite, and the other one in the lounge, and the honor bar in the lounge - especially if your suite is in close proximity to the lounge, are the other things that are fantastic.  You are about to be spoiled!!

• Like 1

We've been blessed to sail in a Neptune once after a great upsell on Zuiderdam, and I think my favorite perks were breakfast in the Pinnacle and the free laundry.  We've never come home from a vacation with so little laundry to do!

If you order room service for breakfast, I believe you can also each receive a complimentary mimosa.  

7 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

You will be spoiled by staying in the Neptune Suite and won't want to go back to a smaller cabin.

I was just reading another thread this morning and the Oosterdam does have the Club Orange so you can have breakfast in a special area of the dining room.

This is what happened to us with a verandah room. We were good with shopping ocean views until we upgraded to a balcony. We never looked back! 

Also interested to see what Club Orange is all about. I had not heard about it until recently. Evidently the 

Eurodam does not have it yet as we sailed on a 28day on her this past March. 

Thanks all! Looks like we are about to be spoiled. Not only in a NS but we make 4* on this run! 

Interesting about the Cruise Consultant meeting you in the lounge. My experience with them hasn’t been stellar by any means. One gal who HAL features in their sales videos onboard torqued my jaws on our Lima cruise. I book thru Costco now.

On all cruises they seem to be understaffed and overworked.

Edited by MarKandi
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MarKandi said:

Thanks all! Looks like we are about to be spoiled. Not only in a NS but we make 4* on this run! 

Interesting about the Cruise Consultant meeting you in the lounge. My experience with them hasn’t been stellar by any means. One gal who HAL features in their sales videos onboard torqued my jaws on our Lima cruise. I book thru Costco now.

Oh, I agree -- that's why it's one of the best perks of an NS to be able to ask the concierge to arrange a private meeting for you with the future cruise staff in the Neptune Lounge or in your suite. No waiting in line and they are "all yours".  Any perks offered when you book onboard will remain on your booking when you transfer it to the big box consultant, and likely they will also add their own.  You have 60 days after your cruise to transfer, and it's a painless process. 

Edited by Moriah

We were on the Oosterdam in Alaska in June in a Neptune suite (5190).  It was our 2nd NS and we have another booked on the Zuiderdam in December.  As some have said it is very difficult to book something smaller after being spoiled.  I hope you will come back and let us know if the Pinnacle Grill is still serving breakfast for NS guests.  CO might be a value for those not in a NS , but breakfast in the MDR hardly seems comparable to the PG for breakfast. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moriah said:

Oh, I agree -- that's why it's one of the best perks of an NS to be able to ask the concierge to arrange a private meeting for you with the future cruise staff in the Neptune Lounge or in your suite. No waiting in line and they are "all yours".  Any perks offered when you book onboard will remain on your booking when you transfer it to the big box consultant, and likely they will also add their own.  You have 60 days after your cruise to transfer, and it's a painless process. 

I had NO idea you could transfer a HAL booking to another travel agency within 60 days! I’ll give it a shot as the DW is wanting to do Australia. I’m looking at a circumvent Australia cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twentyknots said:

We were on the Oosterdam in Alaska in June in a Neptune suite (5190).  It was our 2nd NS and we have another booked on the Zuiderdam in December.  As some have said it is very difficult to book something smaller after being spoiled.  I hope you will come back and let us know if the Pinnacle Grill is still serving breakfast for NS guests.  CO might be a value for those not in a NS , but breakfast in the MDR hardly seems comparable to the PG for breakfast. 

I’ll be back in touch about this. I’ll ask the Concierge about it, they should know.

3 hours ago, twentyknots said:

Zuiderdam NS guests had breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill as recently as last month (June 2019) - my friends were on the Z in northern Europe and this was their favorite perk of the NS. 

We stayed in NS once due to 24-hour flash sale.  So we go from an inside to NS!  OMG, it was SO-O-O-O hard going back, even to a balcony, but I'd rather cruise 2-3 times a year than once every two years.

You will enjoy the experience.  Prepare to be pampered and spoiled.  Have a fabulous cruise.

7 hours ago, Moriah said:

Hopefully you will have a better experience than we did. She changed the meeting times on short notice a total of 4 times before we actually met.

12 hours ago, MarKandi said:

I had NO idea you could transfer a HAL booking to another travel agency within 60 days! I’ll give it a shot as the DW is wanting to do Australia. I’m looking at a circumvent Australia cruise.

We have twice enjoyed the Australian Circumnavigation cruise, so can certainly  recommend  the experrience.

We have been in NS three times.   Our last was the best when our dining in the MDR didn't meet our schedule.  We asked our NS concierge to order our dinner for us after perusing the menu that was left at our cabin every day mid-day.  We dined on our balcony for 8 nights enjoying the Caribbean evenings and a peaceful dinner.   Even though it was in-cabin dining it was hotter than our first and only meal in the MDR.   Snacks from the lounge were convenient throughout the day, the laundry and last minute reservation changes were a plus too.  You will love it!  

chicken 22219.jpg

On 7/24/2019 at 7:54 PM, MarKandi said:

Some of  the Future CC's   on the ships are not particularly eager to come to Neptune Lounge and are something less than agreeab le.

image.png.c873e23a136dc5c00e059b91bbfcc49e.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

image.png