Ship replacing Harmony in PC in 2021

27 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

I think that a 3rd ship in Canaveral is on the cards, but adding in an Oasis Class and not replacing anything is a huge increase in capacity, so I reckon that they will add a mid-size ship as the 3rd initially and then replace it with Icon. An Oasis Class on Sundays and Icon Class on Saturdays would work well.

Freedom, Explorer, and Enchantment 😉

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Freedom, Explorer, and Enchantment 😉

I thought that the addition of Explorer was basically to test whether or not the port could support an Oasis Class. That was 5 years ago, and given how Oasis and Harmony seem to have been very successful in PC, I'm surprised that they haven't put a 3rd ship in for the Winter season again.

Here My Take On Adding Another Oasis Class Ship Is That It Is Possible To Do. Terminal One Is Only Used Three Times A Week So That Make Four Other Days When They Could Dock At Terminal One. My Only Other Problem I Could See Is The Parking. I Think That They Could Build A Second Garage Right Next To The Original One.

temp.thumb.JPG.b65b22651da36713751b205490d73e96.JPG

10 minutes ago, FlowBroTy said:

Here My Take On Adding Another Oasis Class Ship Is That It Is Possible To Do. Terminal One Is Only Used Three Times A Week So That Make Four Other Days When They Could Dock At Terminal One. My Only Other Problem I Could See Is The Parking. I Think That They Could Build A Second Garage Right Next To The Original One.

temp.thumb.JPG.b65b22651da36713751b205490d73e96.JPG

PC has way more parking than South FL ports. 

Plus they have added surface parking to the south. Plenty of available off site as well.

Oh, and 3 brand new hotels in Cape Canaveral should be opening this fall. And Doubletree is being worked on again from the Irma damage

Overall, I'd prefer they don't keep adding more ships here.  I'll miss my sleepy little beach town

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Have been hoping they would keep a third ship in PC ever since they did the test market 9 night with EX.  That ship sailed full each time...but for some reason that success did not transfer over to RCI going with that...even with the new terminal.  Loved that nine night south Carib itinerary! 

Parking?  Really, what is the ratio of people driving to the port versus flying in?  And there are many off site parking options.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hmmm...my December GS is not what I consider cheap....oh wait.  Are you getting another freebie again!  😮😉 

John got the same cheapie that I got, August 18th- saw it early in the morning, booked it, told my TA about it and he told John and the rest is or will be history😇

Edited by molly361

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

John got the same cheapie that I got, August 18th- saw it early in the morning, booked it, told my TA about it and he told John and the rest is or will be history😇

Sweeeet Suite deal eh?  Nice!  Enjoy your cruise...I know you will!  🙂 

Me, I am still up here in Maine...where the lobster are nervous!  😉 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brevardcruiser said:

NCL is bringing breakaway this fall and escape (breakaway plus) next winter season.  IMO need longer itineraries from PC.  Disney making a fortune off longer runs during summer.  Need that 5/9 or 10/11 runs 

Well, at least they're not bringing Epic back again. That's a plus:classic_laugh:

44 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I like to think it will be epic. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

PC has way more parking than South FL ports. 

Plus they have added surface parking to the south. Plenty of available off site as well.

Oh, and 3 brand new hotels in Cape Canaveral should be opening this fall. And Doubletree is being worked on again from the Irma damage

Overall, I'd prefer they don't keep adding more ships here.  I'll miss my sleepy little beach town

Do you know which three new hotels are coming and where they are located?

We sail out of PC at lot and are always looking for options.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Have been hoping they would keep a third ship in PC ever since they did the test market 9 night with EX.  That ship sailed full each time...but for some reason that success did not transfer over to RCI going with that...even with the new terminal.  Loved that nine night south Carib itinerary! 

Parking?  Really, what is the ratio of people driving to the port versus flying in?  And there are many off site parking options.  

Makes me wonder the ratio. Know ships carry 3-4 times passengers then 25-30 yrs ago,, but I remember just over 20yrs ago there was not the Parking Ramps they have now in Miami. Parked my car so close to Royal ship I could throw rock from open deck and hit it. Back then all wheel chair passengers got off first, Crew member even wheeled us right to our car.

4 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Makes me wonder the ratio. Know ships carry 3-4 times passengers then 25-30 yrs ago,, but I remember just over 20yrs ago there was not the Parking Ramps they have now in Miami. Parked my car so close to Royal ship I could throw rock from open deck and hit it. Back then all wheel chair passengers got off first, Crew member even wheeled us right to our car.

Same thing in Tampa.  Parking lot is right next to the ship, can see my vehicle from our balcony.  Sooo easy to grab it quickly when we get back.  Funny thing is that it is never full there.  

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

Do you know which three new hotels are coming and where they are located?

We sail out of PC at lot and are always looking for options.

Two behind the Homewood Suites.

I'm thinking it's a Hampton and a Home2.

Both Hilton properties 

The other one is behind the Raddison,  not sure who it is. I may go by it tomorrow morning when I drop bags off for Harmony 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

The new Carnival Mardi Gras Terminal 3 will hold 1,800 cars. 

Not sure why they made the Royal Terminal 1 only hold 1,000.

On 7/30/2019 at 2:48 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Oh please NO!!!

I hope they change the show on Oasis ship. I saw cats and loved it. But i want to go on Oasis again. It was my favorite ship. But i want to see a new Broadway show so i will wait until they change this show. And it is an important part of my cruise experience. 

• Thanks 1