Harmony Aug 4, 2019 - We're not on Empress anymore.

5 minutes ago, retdon said:

Judy, I have a request if you are able to do it, if not, don't worry about it. I am the coordinator of a group, 27 seniors, and we are having a terrible time getting our dinner reservations. The Silk Dinning Mgr. agreed to seat all of us together at 5:45pm. Would you please find out his name and ask him how I can communicate directly with him before our sail date, Oct. 6. 

Going to the RCI home office is not working for us, we really wanted to eat at 6:30 as a group and all they say is NO, I am not happy with how RCI handles groups. The worst part is RCI opened MTD months ago but kept putting us off saying they could not handle it until 50 days out from sailing. Guess what, now MTD is booked up and our group is stuck, and it sucks. Thanks to you if you are able to inquire, love your review and hope we can get this worked out before our sail, if I don't I will be talking to the Dinning Manager and let them know how unhappy we are. Thanks, thanks, thanks, Linda

Your best bet is to email HM_RestaurantOperationsCoordinator02@rccl.com directly. I had great service the first time we sailed Harmony with our requests. This email address goes straight to the coordinator of Harmony.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

for me, the only thing I really disliked about the aqua show was the spinning guy. After about 30 seconds he could have left the building and I would have been fine with that

My thoughts exactly. It added nothing to the show.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Aqua show. I'll explain later

That is not good to hear. The Aqua Theater is one of the major highlight for me of being on an Oasis class ship.

Oh, and Bella doesn't seem at all stressed about her parents being away...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Honestly,  I can tear that production to pieces.

Vs, "I don't like CATs, its boring"

The only saving grace to Fine Line is it's over in 45 minutes

And a CATS lover complaining about the length of the Fine Line??  Isn’t that an Oxymoron?

in my opinion......

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

Not John, but here is my take:

Ninja turtles on acid.

Left with a headache.

Not to hijack the thread, but I felt that way watching HIRO on Symphony. After 10-15 minutes, all the drum banging was a bit much.

On Harmony next week, so I', interested in Fine Line so I can compare all four shows. 

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

Your best bet is to email HM_RestaurantOperationsCoordinator02@rccl.com directly. I had great service the first time we sailed Harmony with our requests. This email address goes straight to the coordinator of Harmony.

If her name is Marlene Preto, we have been in contact with her and no luck.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Not to hijack the thread, but I felt that way watching HIRO on Symphony. After 10-15 minutes, all the drum banging was a bit much.

On Harmony next week, so I', interested in Fine Line so I can compare all four shows. 

mac_tlc

Exactly!  I felt the same way about the show on Symphony.  Always enjoy the show on Oasis and Allure.  To each his own, I guess....but I have to wonder what they were thinking on the newer ships.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, retdon said:

If her name is Marlene Preto, we have been in contact with her and no luck.

That's because you are reaching out way too early for your cruise date. Reach out 3 weeks prior. They are really great but there is not much they can do until closer to sailing.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, truffles2 said:

Not John, but here is my take:

Ninja turtles on acid.

Left with a headache.

Just the tip of the iceberg. 🤣

But I do understand we all appreciate different things.

I do like the TMNT reference 

1 hour ago, molsonschooner said:

for me, the only thing I really disliked about the aqua show was the spinning guy. After about 30 seconds he could have left the building and I would have been fine with that

I like him. 🤣

Well, up until he becomes running man.😉

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And a CATS lover complaining about the length of the Fine Line??  Isn’t that an Oxymoron?

in my opinion......

You misunderstand,  I was happy with the length. 🤔

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is not good to hear. The Aqua Theater is one of the major highlight for me of being on an Oasis class ship.

Oh, and Bella doesn't seem at all stressed about her parents being away...

Do you like strobe lights?

Hideaway Heist is coming up Friday and Saturday 

FYI

MTD starts at 6:30 because they have an early seating at 5:00 in America Icon (Deck 3)

That's weird.

And CK children's menu is somewhat age inappropriate.  I'll post a pic later

Edited by John&LaLa

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FYI

MTD starts at 6:30 because they have an early seating at 5:00 in America Icon (Deck 3)

That's weird.

And CK children's menu is somewhat age inappropriate.  I'll post a pic later

Thank you John for confirming the MTD time. We will go to the dining room when we get on the ship and ask about our 6:00p.m. MTD reservations. I also noticed as you pointed out that the first seating started at 5:00...and I thought 6:00 was early....

It sounds like you are having a great cruise! The last time we were on Harmony was 2 years ago when they were filming "Like Father," the Netflix movie with Kelsey Grammar and Kristen Bell. It will be nice to have access to all the venues again:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2019 at 9:21 AM, Swank Pad G said:

John, I have a question. Where are the coke freestyle machines on Harmony? Any on deck 8 in central park? Also we have the deluxe drink package but would like to keep some diet coke cans in our cooler in the room without going to the trouble of bringing on a 12 pack and lugging it around. Is it possible to get a unopened can of coke at any of the bars?

When I was on HoS 3 weeks ago. freestyle were in pizza place, Mini Bites, and WJ.  I've always read that soda can only goes to people who pay as opposed to drink package, however, my wife was able to get a can, unopened, at the hot dog place on Boardwalk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ryano said:

You must be on my cruise!  September 1?   10 days would be great!   However, being shortened 3 days not so great.  😞    Im just hoping the Caribbean stays quiet like it is right now until we can at least get on the ship!  

Yup I’m on that cruise! A 10 day cruise was amazing and unexpected! The sailing after us was extremely empty because so many could not get into Fort Lauderdale. During the extremely long 8+ hour disembarkment process  (they had to do scans and everything of the port to make sure no cargo or anything was in the water and it took hours to get the results) they made an announcement that anyone currently on the ship could stay on the ship for the next sailing for $199 total. This was because there were no available hotels and very few flights out of FLL. It was definitely an experience! See you in a few weeks!