Current Cruise Directors

Sny

3 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

My husband loves Ray Carr. 

I'm in the "doesn't really matter" camp, although if they're too loud (crazy/cheerleader/try too hard to entertain types), I'm not crazy about them.  I can remember only one of those. 

I personally liked Dottie.  Announcements are announcements.  All CDs make them. 

There are announcements..then there are Dottie's announcements which include jumping back on the P.A. System repeatedly cuz she "forgot" to mention a sale in the shops or whatever Carnivalesque sales pitch utterance she chooses to make.

13 minutes ago, edgee said:

There are announcements..then there are Dottie's announcements which include jumping back on the P.A. System repeatedly cuz she "forgot" to mention a sale in the shops or whatever Carnivalesque sales pitch utterance she chooses to make.

And her many 'infamous' bingo announcements 🙄

12 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

BTW if you ever get invited to dinner by an officer or CD, remember that there are no doggie bags👀

I'm curious what this means.

Last week I had dinner with the GM and another dinner with the CD. Is there something I should have known beforehand?

30 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Last week I had dinner with the GM and another dinner with the CD. Is there something I should have known beforehand?

I take it to mean you cannot leave early due to boring company and take your food with you. We were once "stuck" with another couple and a full of himself junior officer for a super boring slow dinner on Regent...made for a miserable evening.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

No. There's a different CC thread where a new-to-Oceania poster was asking about getting doggie bags and/or stowing uneaten food in their purse at dinner. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

No. There's a different CC thread where a new-to-Oceania poster was asking about getting doggie bags and/or stowing uneaten food in their purse at dinner. 

I must have missed that one.

We did a 22 day B2B in May, and when we went to the first trivia, we saw a couple who’ve been on , it seems, well over 100 cruises.  On a previous cruise, we saw the husband had a notebook with every trivia game they’ve played, and they won every time.   We partnered up with a great group on our cruise and we warned them that the particular group would get 20 out of 20 every game.  Yep, that’s exactly what happened.  Participation dropped until a very vocal member of our group spoke to the CD and told him that they really need to change up the questions and not use the same ones over and over again.  He did just that and the perfect team was not so perfect anymore.  

Dottie celebrated her 60th in May, and she told us she had 5 more years and then she was pulling the plug.  She’s back on Riviera in Sept. for only 3 months, and after a vacation, she’ll be assigned to one of the R class ships. 

4 minutes ago, kitty9 said:

We did a 22 day B2B in May, and when we went to the first trivia, we saw a couple who’ve been on , it seems, well over 100 cruises.  On a previous cruise, we saw the husband had a notebook with every trivia game they’ve played, and they won every time.   We partnered up with a great group on our cruise and we warned them that the particular group would get 20 out of 20 every game.  Yep, that’s exactly what happened.  Participation dropped until a very vocal member of our group spoke to the CD and told him that they really need to change up the questions and not use the same ones over and over again.  He did just that and the perfect team was not so perfect anymore.  

Dottie celebrated her 60th in May, and she told us she had 5 more years and then she was pulling the plug.  She’s back on Riviera in Sept. for only 3 months, and after a vacation, she’ll be assigned to one of the R class ships. 

nice to know since we will be on  Rivera the middle of May.  Will be good.  

On 8/4/2019 at 9:23 PM, Jancruz said:

My favorite from day one of Oceania on the friends and family cruise ia Leslie Jon..his Fiddler on the Roof is the best I've ever seen and he does the best TRIVIA..

Jancruz1

Funny...that’s why they say different strokes for different folks. I had Leslie Jon on my 1st Oceania cruise & vowed never to return b/c I found it so boring as well as him..although he wasn’t around much. However, I do agree that his Fiddler was good & memorable..

To date my faves are Ray Carr, Julie James,and new to me this summer, Shawn Carter. John Ekin is great and was promoted to CD last year.  Andy Heath is excellent and Bob is now on O class ships.

Ray Carr particularly good as CD on ATW.

• Thanks 1

Out of your group there in 22 cruises I've only been with Andy & Shawn, and Shawn most recently on Insignia last November. I really liked Andy but I understand he's with Regent now. 

Lately we seem to be on with Peter Roberts

we have been on with Leslie a number of times. Nolan Dean, Julie James & some others that I think may have left O

Have no favourites  they all do their jobs

I do enjoy checking out Peter's shoes  he has some really fun looking ones 😉

Last cruise they put a video on TV of his shoe collection  LOL  it was fun to watch

On August 4, 2019 at 9:23 PM, Jancruz said:

My favorite from day one of Oceania on the friends and family cruise ia Leslie Jon..his Fiddler on the Roof is the best I've ever seen and he does the best TRIVIA..

Jancruz1

"For future information"...lol.  We do miss him on our cruises

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Lately we seem to be on with Peter Roberts

we have been on with Leslie a number of times. Nolan Dean, Julie James & some others that I think may have left O

Have no favourites  they all do their jobs

I do enjoy checking out Peter's shoes  he has some really fun looking ones 😉

Last cruise they put a video on TV of his shoe collection  LOL  it was fun to watch

I wish I saw that video. I love when his belts match the shoes👞

20 minutes ago, DOJO466 said:

I wish I saw that video. I love when his belts match the shoes👞

check on the TV  when you are on your cruise  I was flipping channels & found it  😉

2 hours ago, DOJO466 said:

"For future information"...lol.  We do miss him on our cruises

+1 Leslie is the best by far.

Which is most likely  why he has been asked to  "introduce" every  Oceania Ship as they have been added to the fleet.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kitty9 said:

So you are saying that Dottie will be on Riviera during the month on Sept?  Is Tom with her?

CD’s are not important to us.  I recognized most of the names in this thread and liked each one well enough.  

I like Dottie and Tom a lot and don’t find her annoying.   Maybe she has a couple extra announcements.  She works very hard and is an all around pleasant person.  

17 hours ago, kitty9 said:

...On a previous cruise, we saw the husband had a notebook with every trivia game they’ve played, and they won every time.   We partnered up with a great group on our cruise and we warned them that the particular group would get 20 out of 20 every game.  Yep, that’s exactly what happened.  Participation dropped until a very vocal member of our group spoke to the CD and told him that they really need to change up the questions and not use the same ones over and over again.  He did just that and the perfect team was not so perfect anymore....

There was a famous couple on Princess who did this. Head office would warn the staff that all trivia had to be discarded and brand new ones written. They also had to make an announcement that no notes, computers, etc. could be used. These people were pretty despicable, they would remove their tips and leave the prizes instead as a tip. From my understanding, they eventually were banned from the line. 

see, this is what happens when I type comments using the cellphone rather than the laptop!  There is no CD "Bob" that I've ever had, and yes, I typed that Andy Heath is now on O ships...but somehow, the phone decided otherwise!  Sorry, all y'all.  (and Julie James is still with O--just checked that out yesterday)

had a CD tell me that he caught a guy on a trivia team using his phone to find answers and banned not only the guy but the group from participating for the duration of their cruise.....and subsequently told that story to everyone the first time trivia met for a cruise.

We were on a team with a couple that had been on the previous cruise and had all the answers written down. I didn't like that at all. I either know it or I don't. They offered to give us their notes at the end of the cruise as we were staying on for the next cruise. I passed. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

We were on a team with a couple that had been on the previous cruise and had all the answers written down. I didn't like that at all. I either know it or I don't. They offered to give us their notes at the end of the cruise as we were staying on for the next cruise. I passed. 

First, any CD that uses the same questions... shouldn't be a CD. But even if they did... that's not winning... that's cheating.

10 hours ago, sammiedawg said:

She works very hard and is an all around pleasant person.  

Except for the fact that she is a fanatic Steelers fan  (this objection comes from a former Browns and currently 49ers fan) 😁