Current Cruise Directors

Sny

9 hours ago, Ephraim said:

There was a famous couple on Princess who did this. Head office would warn the staff that all trivia had to be discarded and brand new ones written. They also had to make an announcement that no notes, computers, etc. could be used. These people were pretty despicable, they would remove their tips and leave the prizes instead as a tip. From my understanding, they eventually were banned from the line. 

I remember that story from years ago - a sad & disgusting case.

Leaving staff their crummy trivia winnings (cards, pens, bookmarks, etc) instead of tips.

8 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Except for the fact that she is a fanatic Steelers fan  (this objection comes from a former Browns and currently 49ers fan) 😁

I was born into a Steeler family so I understand Dottie.  I broke away.  

Preseason  debut tonight- go Baker, go Browns!   We have a good team,  come back to the dawgs.  

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 10:04 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

No. There's a different CC thread where a new-to-Oceania poster was asking about getting doggie bags and/or stowing uneaten food in their purse at dinner. 

Yes! And I was the OP just trying to find out about Christmas on Oceania! That was ridiculous how fast that topic was hijacked!

Edited by djh

22 minutes ago, djh said:

Yes! And I was the OP just trying to find out about Christmas on Oceania! That was ridiculous how fast that topic was hijacked!

Very true. Several other O regulars posted their thought that the wannabe doggie bagger is/was a troll. I prefer to give him/her the benefit of the doubt despite the rude comments.

1 hour ago, golfguyhhi said:

Who is the CD on Riviera at the moment? 

The excellent John Ekin.  If you are on with him, don't miss his Comedy Magic show.

Another one I haven't met, but if he's still on in November I'll get to meet him. 

Leslie has always been our favorite.  We saw his rendition of "If I Was a Rich Man" over ten years ago.  He did it on a segment of the ATW in April.  So much fun to see him do it again.  Trivia can be scary.  I have seen a few sessions turn into screaming matches.  The worst thing I witnessed was on the above mentioned cruise.  A man would come to the time period when the daily Mensa answers where being given out.  He would always have four copies of the questions, without answers.  He would quickly fill in the answers as Leslie read them off.  He would then go up to get his O points for him and his "friends".  

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Another one I haven't met, but if he's still on in November I'll get to meet him. 

4 hours ago, golfguyhhi said:

Who is the CD on Riviera at the moment? 

The excellent John Ekin.  If you are on with him, don't miss his Comedy Magic show.

John was great on our Riviera cruise last winter.

1 hour ago, katz said:

Leslie has always been our favorite.  We saw his rendition of "If I Was a Rich Man" over ten years ago.  He did it on a segment of the ATW in April.  So much fun to see him do it again.  Trivia can be scary.  I have seen a few sessions turn into screaming matches.  The worst thing I witnessed was on the above mentioned cruise.  A man would come to the time period when the daily Mensa answers where being given out.  He would always have four copies of the questions, without answers.  He would quickly fill in the answers as Leslie read them off.  He would then go up to get his O points for him and his "friends".  

He will probably sell his Big "O" prizes on Ebay  😉

John Ekin one of the best people ever... nevermind CD title.♥️

Well, I know we certainly think so.  We've been fortunate to have sailed with him several times.  He lives near us, so we've also met him for lunch when he's been home.

His Mom and Dad are on the ship with him right now and he says they are having a wonderful time.

23 hours ago, LHT28 said:

He will probably sell his Big "O" prizes on Ebay  😉

I wouldn't put it past some of those people.  Someone, at the beginning of the ATW, took a bunch of needlepoint kits and was selling them on her Ebay site.  She must have told someone and they notified Oceania.  People were so crazed about grabbing as many kits as they could, the Social Hostess had to start having people sign up and come up to the bar in Horizons a few at a time to choose a kit.  Ray Carr even mentioned, in his daily announcements, that the ladies needed to behave themselves at needlepoint.  I went one day and was number four in line, but when I signed my name, I was number 15.  The women in front of me were signing up for their "friends playing bridge" at the same time as needlepoint.   Then, all of a sudden, lots of husbands took an interest in needlepoint and showed up to get "their" kits.  I have been on over ten O cruises, and have never seen such silly behavior!!

1 hour ago, katz said:

I wouldn't put it past some of those people.  Someone, at the beginning of the ATW, took a bunch of needlepoint kits and was selling them on her Ebay site.  She must have told someone and they notified Oceania.  People were so crazed about grabbing as many kits as they could, the Social Hostess had to start having people sign up and come up to the bar in Horizons a few at a time to choose a kit.  Ray Carr even mentioned, in his daily announcements, that the ladies needed to behave themselves at needlepoint.  I went one day and was number four in line, but when I signed my name, I was number 15.  The women in front of me were signing up for their "friends playing bridge" at the same time as needlepoint.   Then, all of a sudden, lots of husbands took an interest in needlepoint and showed up to get "their" kits.  I have been on over ten O cruises, and have never seen such silly behavior!!

WOW  that is crazy

I have not seen that behavior on O before  but I guess things  are changing 

We just got off Marina.  John was Cd.  He used to be on Princess.

We found him rather dull and his trivia was not worth going to.

The CDs now on Oceania are not what they used to be.  In the "old" days all the CDs were great.

That said, we love Julie!!!.  Leslie of course is tops and Ray is excellent.

3 hours ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

I wonder if the needlepoint hogs are also lounge chair hogs. :classic_ohmy:

Probably.  They have a new technique--one person holds the two lounges while the other goes to eat, then they switch.  

I felt sorry for the entertainment staff that was running the needlepoint. They brought the rules in after the poor hostess was surrounded.  To me it looked like the vultures circling in for the pickings.  I just waited until they all had their choices.  It was safer that way.  Even for the games people were pushing others out of the way so they could be first.  This was the first time I had seen this type of behaviour on an Oceania ship.