Balcony Etiquette

29 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Are you sure, his wife has her own account.

Both of them are using a photo of the two of them as an avatar, but they are different photos for each account and, of course, the latter part of their forum names is the same. Greykangaroo needs to be a bit more observant! 🤣

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Both of them are using a photo of the two of them as an avatar, but they are different photos for each account and, of course, the latter part of their forum names is the same. Greykangaroo needs to be a bit more observant! 🤣

But it wasn't even RosieCanberra that said that!  It was Bubbeh

Edited by banzaii

1 hour ago, greykangaroo said:

Well last time your avatar spoke  it was your wife and she was was lamenting you looking for new mates all over the ship. Now you are talking about what your wife wants. Spare a thought for simple people like myself who  can't see the gender in this banter.

But then you are from Canberra; I suppose I understand. lot of sex change stuff going on there.

I think you are confusing me with Bubbeh's post.

BTW, my wife has her own avatar and CC name.

3 hours ago, MrPantsOz said:

Your dropped digit story often comes up in our house, we can only dream of such a thing.

You know, Princess almost paid us to go on that cruise. We ended up paying about $550pp for the suites (twin share), and we were given$200 OBC pp and a $150 spa voucher each. My parents had also gifted us all a premium beverage package for xmas. I couldn't even find anything else to spend my OBC on...  so got to go on the ultimate ship's tour. What a cruise. That only happens once in a lifetime, but I'll keep on looking, just in case!

10 hours ago, mum and son said:

You know, Princess almost paid us to go on that cruise. We ended up paying about $550pp for the suites (twin share), and we were given$200 OBC pp and a $150 spa voucher each. My parents had also gifted us all a premium beverage package for xmas. I couldn't even find anything else to spend my OBC on...  so got to go on the ultimate ship's tour. What a cruise. That only happens once in a lifetime, but I'll keep on looking, just in case!

Good way to cruise.

14 hours ago, banzaii said:

But it wasn't even RosieCanberra that said that!  It was Bubbeh

Hate to be in Bubbeh’s bouts if Rosie finds out she it trying to become Mics missus😳😢

She is a lively lady but for some silly reason seems to like having Mic as a hubby

42 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Hate to be in Bubbeh’s bouts if Rosie finds out she it trying to become Mics missus😳😢

She is a lively lady but for some silly reason seems to like having Mic as a hubby

I believe the saying that fits it is "love is blind".

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Apart from cruising, I think about the only thing Rosie and Bubbeh have in common is chatty +1s. 

Mic can dream as long as he doesn't talk in his sleep! 😉

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

I can assure you I have no intention of acquiring another husband.  The one I currenlty have is more than enough work and trouble for this little black duck!  

• Like 1

Its a private space and part of a personal cabin. There is no etiquette. People can do whatever they want on them provided its legal and not against the rules. Unless two passengers from different cabins are right up against the rails looking out then it comes down to common sense and courtesy. As far as the rest is it is a private space that should be respected.

etiquette
noun
Meaning

Is the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members  of a particular group

1 hour ago, Brisbane41 said:

Its a private space and part of a personal cabin. There is no etiquette. People can do whatever they want on them provided its legal and not against the rules. Unless two passengers from different cabins are right up against the rails looking out then it comes down to common sense and courtesy. As far as the rest is it is a private space that should be respected.

.Now our Brisbane 41 seems to be contradicting himself. First he says there is no etiquette and then he demands the etiquette pertaining to his private space.

Wonder what it's like being his neighbor in Brisbane?

36 minutes ago, greykangaroo said:

etiquette
noun
Meaning

Is the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members  of a particular group

.Now our Brisbane 41 seems to be contradicting himself. First he says there is no etiquette and then he demands the etiquette pertaining to his private space.

HMAS Brisbane (DDG 41), named after the city of Brisbane,

40 minutes ago, greykangaroo said:

etiquette
noun
Meaning

He doesn't live there, from Newcastle but works at Yulara I believe.

1 hour ago, greykangaroo said:

etiquette
noun
Meaning

He doesn't live in Brisbane. He lives and works at Yulara, Northern Territory. He served in the Navy, so I think it is likely his 'name' comes from a ship he served on.

I tend to agree with his comment that a neighbour's balcony is their private space. 'Brisbane 41' travels a lot in Japan. Probably because of the crowded living conditions in Japan and because of their polite customs, Japanese people are very conscious of their neighbours' privacy and not invading it.

Edited by Aus Traveller

We always make the effort to balcony neighbours, they are sometimes receptive, sometimes not.  We are social people, table of 6 or 8 at traditional dining in the MDR each night and no issues sharing tables in the buffets or MDR at brekkie/lunch on a sea day, if we decide to have a more relaxed meal.

15 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

He doesn't live in Brisbane. He lives and works at Yulara, Northern Territory. He served in the Navy, so I think it is likely his 'name' comes from a ship he served on.

I tend to agree with his comment that a neighbour's balcony is their private space. 'Brisbane 41' travels a lot in Japan. Probably because of the crowded living conditions in Japan and because of their polite customs, Japanese people are very conscious of their neighbours' privacy and not invading it.

Type 41 Destroyer perhaps? 😎