2022 itineraries ?

Hambagahle

2 minutes ago, cruisesport said:

yes very expensive and now very bad reviews for food on the Sirena...

wanted to book an Iceland 2021 when it comes out but now not so sure....

it is 2 yrs away

things will either improve or not

If you come from a Country where you can  cancel before final payment & get your deposit back  i would book it 

if not  then wait to see if things improve  & hope they have cabins left

I noticed  that all the ships seem to have bad food reviews  then they improve  

We had some bad  experiences on Riviera  in 2014  but  a later cruise  it was fine ..some misses  but still good

On 8/14/2019 at 12:11 PM, ORV said:

Everything I was looking at starts at about $1000 a day per couple for an inside with Olife and air. My Nov cruise is 1/2 that and my Sept cruise is $750 a day per couple. 

I was shocked to see the current price of a cruise we did last summer is now $100 less than double what we paid!  

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, drib said:

Sorry, but I only survey the two O-ships. There could have been fare changes on the other ships too.

Why did you stop with the R-ships?  I found it very informative information to have

On 8/13/2019 at 9:42 AM, KS&JW said:

We took an Oceania Black Sea cruise years ago and it was fantastic.  However, Crimea was a highlight so not sure about the version that can be done now.  

Indeed!  We did one on Regatta in the summer of 2012 and it was fabulous.  But Crimea was the highlight ...

Don't know that I'd do this today.  It would depend on the itinerary, of course.  I saw something today that I didn't look at too closely that seemed to indicate combining some Black Sea ports with Greece ... or something like that!

15 hours ago, drib said:

I did follow the R-ships for several years, but it became very clear to me that I would not book them. I'm just not willing to spend so much - time as much as money - to find out if I would like them. So I stick with what I know and like.

Also note that when I started there were only three R-Ships - then two - now four - which is a lot more work for me, especially because the R-ships are more prone to itinerary changes and charters.

Anyway, I built the site for me, but I enjoy the feed-back I get others, including improvements suggested by its users which I've often implemented. And I like when I can help someone save a few bucks - which I sometimes get credit for even though the cruise lines that I follow probably would give them the new lower fare anyway.

I am glad that they you share something that you do for yourself.  The price change is very useful. I also often scan the price/day column when the new itineraries come out.  Quick way for me to find the hidden bargains.  

15 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

Nice to see that I'm not the only one excited to sail the Allura class.  We've never sailed on a brand new ship on her first itin, but we are thinking of making an exception in 2022.  😉

It sounds exciting but maybe you should wait a couple of cruises for things to run a bit more smoothly (and making sure the builders are not on the maiden voyage putting on the finishing touches) 😊

• Like 3

Oh I hear you Paul - there is so much that can go way-bad-wrong with inaugural voyages.  Scenic Eclipse being the poster child for that and the first voyage after the stretch on the Silver Cloud being another example.

But in this case, we are still thinking about it, even if we have to dodge the carpet installers for a week (or worse).

As exciting as it would be to be on an inaugural voyage, I wouldn't book it.  

We were booked on Riviera's 3rd cruise in 2012.  The first 3 cruises were cancelled because the ship wasn't ready in time.  I think it was because of a labor strike at the shipyard.  Things happen. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carol From California said:

I don't think I would ever book an inaugural cruise since things seem to always go wrong....but I too am anxiously awaiting the new Allura class ships.  

We did the inaugural cruise back in 2010

on Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam 

and it was a 24 day cruise out of Venice!!

Believe it or not we had a Neptune Suit

and had no problems. Neptune Suit would be equivalent to a PH on O!

It depends I believe on the itinerary maybe and the timing! We are retired so it worked out to our advantage!!  We have done 4 more cruises on her and to this day no problems! 

We are looking forward to our 2 cruises coming up on O! We are newbies🙄

Denise😊

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

We did the inaugural cruise back in 2010

on Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam 

and it was a 24 day cruise out of Venice!!

Believe it or not we had a Neptune Suit

and had no problems. Neptune Suit would be equivalent to a PH on O!

It depends I believe on the itinerary maybe and the timing! We are retired so it worked out to our advantage!!  We have done 4 more cruises on her and to this day no problems! 

We are looking forward to our 2 cruises coming up on O! We are newbies🙄

Denise😊

I guess you were lucky on your inaugural cruise.  I have read so many horror stories of things going wrong. Hope you like your cruises on Oceania. I think you will find it very different from Holland America. 

3 minutes ago, Carol From California said:

I guess you were lucky on your inaugural cruise.  I have read so many horror stories of things going wrong. Hope you like your cruises on Oceania. I think you will find it very different from Holland America. 

Absolutely!! I’m looking forward to it!

we have done 12 cruises on HAL and will try O for the  opportunity of trying something different and because our Rotterdam cruise where we get off in FLL

will not be doing anTA and O will!

Denise😊

On 9/9/2019 at 3:51 PM, drib said:

Not 2022 - I was just looking for a recent thread to post on - but bargain hunters might want to look at these five cruises that had  fare decreases sometime between September 1 and today.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/transatlantic-cruises/miami-to-rome-RVA200331/ (only b4 and above decreased on this one)

Sorry, but I only survey the two O-ships. There could have been fare changes on the other ships too.

DRIB - really appreciate your work in checking prices. I went to your site to check that price drop for the March 31st Miami Rome cruise on Riviera.  do you have a typo on that price?  Shouldn't PH2 be $4499 now and not $5499

15 days

Miami to
Rome

2018.04.19$5,999

2019.09.09$5,499

$ 5,499
(c/o: -1000)8.3%$ 367$$RC

1 hour ago, drib said:

It looks right to me. I looked at the O web page and the regular fare on a PH2 is $5499 and the cruise only fare $4499.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/transatlantic-cruises/miami-to-rome-RVA200331/

On my site, if you want to see the cruise only fare in the body of the page, there's a check box at the top of the fare column - the label for the check box is "no air."

I don't have any updates planned until October 1, and I generally don't post anything on Cruise Critic unless I see something I think will be of interest.

Thank you drib,  I had scrolled down to the March date and didn't notice the box with "no air"  Really appreciate it   Hard to find the USD prices because anything I try to open in Canada takes me to the CAD pricing.  Even your link here opens in Canadian dollar pricing for me.

On 9/10/2019 at 4:56 PM, Kate-AHF said:

Nice to see that I'm not the only one excited to sail the Allura class.  We've never sailed on a brand new ship on her first itin, but we are thinking of making an exception in 2022.  😉

Do it!!!!!

I am new to O. Will be doing a TA and another cruise in The Med on Riviera after our Panama Cruise on HAL this up coming March.

In 2010 when HAL introduced The Nieuw 

Amsterdam we were on her inaugural out of Venice for 24 days and it was wonderful.

You hear people say don’t take the inaugural because there are so many bugs they have to work out! I guess we were lucky! I would book in a heartbeat  

Denise😊

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 4:27 AM, drib said:

It looks right to me. I looked at the O web page and the regular fare on a PH2 is $5499 and the cruise only fare $4499.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/transatlantic-cruises/miami-to-rome-RVA200331/

1411294543_Screenshot2019-09-15at4_14_57AM.thumb.png.808a623148dcae3b35f9f33fe7e3ee23.png

On my site, if you want to see the cruise only fare in the body of the page, there's a check box at the top of the fare column - the label for the check box is "no air."

I don't have any updates planned until October 1, and I generally don't post anything on Cruise Critic unless I see something I think will be of interest.

Our regular fare for a PH2 when we booked this over a year ago was $5,399.00

pp w/o air fare. With their new promo that came out our TA with O called us and he gave us the new fare at $4,899.00 per person! Saved $1,000.00 on our Miami to Rome and our other cruise Monte Carlo to Barcelona April 19th! Our PH was $5,599.00 pp and we got it for $5,099.00!

another savings! So for us $2,000.00 in savings👍

Denise😊

• 4 months later...