Taxi from Barcelona hotel to airport

The Odd Couple

1 minute ago, The Odd Couple said:

Could anyone recommend a reliable taxi firm for a transfer from our Barcelona hotel to the airport?  The hotel has quoted some silly price to organise this for us.

Thanks as always for your help.

In over 10 visits we have never had a problem getting a taxi without reservation.

Agree taxi can be found about every 50 feet.  Unless you are heading to the airport in the middle of the night there won’t be a problem.

if you really want to pre-book check the ports of call forum or trip ad isor for car services in Barcelona 

Edited by jelayne

We have been to Barcelona twice, most recently last October and had no issues getting a taxi from the hotel to port. The front desk was more than helpful in arranging and other people waiting we’re going to the airport as well as the cruise port.  I don’t see an issue of a long wait time if that is the concern. 

Edited by maggieq

Thanks for all your replies.  We are staying at H10 Casa Mimosa and the receptionist there quoted Euros 70 plus 10% VAT to organise a taxi and never having been to Barcelona before, thought someone would point me in the right direction for a cheaper option.

1 hour ago, The Odd Couple said:

Thanks for all your replies.  We are staying at H10 Casa Mimosa and the receptionist there quoted Euros 70 plus 10% VAT to organise a taxi and never having been to Barcelona before, thought someone would point me in the right direction for a cheaper option.

It seems a little bit expensive for me. Metered (black and yellow) taxis should cost you around 30-35 euros for the ride (VAT included). You should however add a €3.10 fee for accessing the airport and €1 per piece of luggage (bigger than a cabin-size piece).

Here you have a journey planner which gives you a price estimation. Prices may fluctuate based on traffic conditions, although they have recently approved the possibility of a fixed-price rate (only for rides ordered through App).

http://taxi.amb.cat/en/usuari/calcula-la-teva-ruta/versio-web  (English version available)

Perhaps what the receptionist has offered you is a ride through a Uber-like service, perfectly legal and with very high standards of service. A hassle-free option, but pricier than taxis.

Just call a taxi and take it to the airport... Getting a taxi isn’t a problem in Barcelona. Especially not from a hotel. 

If you insist on booking a transfer service with reservation you have to be prepared to pay more. Personally I wouldn’t   see why... And we have been to Barcelona many times.

Edited by Miaminice

1 hour ago, The Odd Couple said:

That is a Rip Off price!!!   Hail a cab in the street. They are all metered and it will cost about €30-35 to the airport.  It is a quick 20-25 min trip.   Alternatively the airport bus from Placa Catalunya runs every 10 mins and charges €5.90pp and only takes 35 mins.

OP - This is a "don't sweat the small stuff" moment.   Remember the hotel is probably giving you the price for their car and driver....always much more than a taxi.

Suggest when checking in you speak to the front door bell staff and ask if they can get you a cab to the airport at checkout. See their reaction, and if (as I suspect) it's a "no problem" just go with that.  

Remember everyone want to make a living....the bell staff (tip) and the cab driver (fare to airport).  I believe you will have no issues just getting a cab...like in most major cities.

Barcelona is a wonderful city.  Enjoy!