Elite Kids Weirdness

ceilidh1

13 hours ago, Brisbane41 said:

That someone else earned by paying for them I think you mean!

Lors of people cruise on another's dime, whether kids with parents or partners where only one has a paying job, or families where one pays for the multiple generations or whatever  - Princess recognizes the cruiser, not the one who pays, same as hotels, airlines, and so forth 

Of the kid has sailed, they have earned the status..

• Like 2

21 hours ago, idahospud said:

Not a glitch with the kids. Princess now recognizes the kids' loyalty status no matter the age. 

I didnt know that! My DS will be elite after our Dec cruise, woo hoo!

20 hours ago, idahospud said:

We were told on a webinar a few days ago that it was a brand new policy. So obviously it is a really, really new policy!

Just out of curiosity, what was the occasion/source of the webinar? I'm just wondering if it was in relation to a employee/employer webinar, or a customer/business webinar or what? Not doubting your word or anything along that line, as I said, it's just out of curiosity.

Tom

2 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Just out of curiosity, what was the occasion/source of the webinar? I'm just wondering if it was in relation to a employee/employer webinar, or a customer/business webinar or what? Not doubting your word or anything along that line, as I said, it's just out of curiosity.

Tom

Straight from Princess. It was a TA training webinar presented by John Chernesky, VP of Sales at Princess. 

2 hours ago, idahospud said:

Straight from Princess. It was a TA training webinar presented by John Chernesky, VP of Sales at Princess. 

It would have been even better if it had been communicated to passengers sailing with kids! I paid for internet for my teen as I didn’t think she would get any free minutes as she never has before! 

20 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It would have been even better if it had been communicated to passengers sailing with kids! I paid for internet for my teen as I didn’t think she would get any free minutes as she never has before! 

You should be able to get a refund on the internet package.

We didn't hear about it until the webinar. It's not even on their website yet, so if a TA wasn't on the webinar they wouldn't know about it either.

I wonder if this would be implemented on both Medallion and non-Medallion ships? The OP was on Royal (a Medallion ship) whereas we will be on the Star next summer. As far as I know Star will not have medallions by then. I don't want to tell my daughter that she will have a Platinum card and then she still ends up with a blue one LOL. 

On 8/7/2019 at 1:22 PM, idahospud said:

You should be able to get a refund on the internet package.

We didn't hear about it until the webinar. It's not even on their website yet, so if a TA wasn't on the webinar they wouldn't know about it either.

I’m sure we could have got a refund but it was already day 3 when we found out! Lol! It’s all good- the unlimited on-board turned out to be $79.99 for the full 2 weeks! Pre purchase it was charging that per week so glad we waited! I’m happy my kids are receiving the benefits but it was never that big a deal for us. I still think the only thing they will make use of is the internet!

interestingly, the captains circle reception invitation included the kids’ names this time - never had that before!

6 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

they could have switched to sodas and juices.

Mom was happy with the water - especially as she wasn’t expecting to get anything! DS doesn’t drink soda, etc so we didn’t need to switch it!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Mom was happy with the water - especially as she wasn’t expecting to get anything! DS doesn’t drink soda, etc so we didn’t need to switch it!

my mom would also have been happy with water, but my kid would have enjoyed an occasional soda or juice - it's a vacation after all! :)

15 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I’m sure we could have got a refund but it was already day 3 when we found out! Lol! It’s all good- the unlimited on-board turned out to be $79.99 for the full 2 weeks! Pre purchase it was charging that per week so glad we waited! I’m happy my kids are receiving the benefits but it was never that big a deal for us. I still think the only thing they will make use of is the internet!

It sounds like they got their Elite minutes applied to the unlimited package for the onboard discount. So they technically may have got their minutes!

Thats really good way to retain travellesrs when they become of legal age.. if they are alreayd elite status it might help them stick around instead of starting off at blue and using that a spring board to leave for another line and work on getting elite there,.

2 hours ago, toads45froggy said:

Thats really good way to retain travellesrs when they become of legal age.. if they are alreayd elite status it might help them stick around instead of starting off at blue and using that a spring board to leave for another line and work on getting elite there,.

I believe that prior to this change minors indeed were accruing loyalty days and credits but were not granted thr benefits til reaching a certain age

On 8/9/2019 at 7:36 PM, pms4104 said:

I believe that prior to this change minors indeed were accruing loyalty days and credits but were not granted thr benefits til reaching a certain age

That's what I was lead to believe, Blue cards until they turn 18 and then the appropriate card for their loyalty cruise credits with the benefits.

3 hours ago, Scorpio41 said:

That's what I was lead to believe, Blue cards until they turn 18 and then the appropriate card for their loyalty cruise credits with the benefits.

That’s always been the case but on this cruise, both kids got black medallions, both got elite internet minutes and DS ,who was booked in a room with my mom (who is not elite) got the mini bar and bathroom amenities kit. The invite to captain circle also had the kids names, which I’ve never noticed before!

She was told they had to remove the alcohol since the elite member was a minor. They were very apologetic but mom was fine with it since she doesn’t drink anyway and wasn’t expecting

I have never taken anything from the fridge and only travelled with a minor once but is it normal policy to remove alcohol from the fridges when minors room?

5 hours ago, kerryincork said:

She was told they had to remove the alcohol since the elite member was a minor. They were very apologetic but mom was fine with it since she doesn’t drink anyway and wasn’t expecting

I have never taken anything from the fridge and only travelled with a minor once but is it normal policy to remove alcohol from the fridges when minors room?

Previously, kids have never got any recognition for status so the only mini bar was based on my status of being elite. I have always got the alcohol set up. This time, the elite member in the room was a minor so we weren’t expecting anything. When we boarded, the regular mini bar was there but then it got switched out to water for the alcohol! Mom was told it was because the elite member was a minor!

5 hours ago, kerryincork said:

Additionally, there shouldn’t be anything in the fridge unless you are elite or you have pre ordered! Unless things have changed, Princess doesn’t stock the mini bar unless asked...