B2B Tipping

1 hour ago, dplusd said:

Tip at the end of each leg.  Even if staying in the same room, your room steward may change and your MDR staff will most certainly change.

We do the same. On one back to back, we were in my time dining, and they asked us if we wanted our staff from the previous cruise so we could be seated in their section. We did as they were terrific

Enjoy

m

2 hours ago, Bee Guy said:

We tip at the end of each leg.

If you are changing rooms, you may have a different room attendant.

2 hours ago, retiredgram said:

We tip after each leg.  Never know if your room attendant could be pulled to different area or maybe have to leave.

2 hours ago, dplusd said:

Tip at the end of each leg.  Even if staying in the same room, your room steward may change and your MDR staff will most certainly change.

54 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We do the same. On one back to back, we were in my time dining, and they asked us if we wanted our staff from the previous cruise so we could be seated in their section. We did as they were terrific

Enjoy

m

42 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We also do each leg because you might not have the same people again.

Thanks All, after each leg it is!

• 2 weeks later...

So today I changed to the same stateroom b2b. My question is do I have to do any packing at all or can I go out for 10 hours and come back just like and excursion?

Second question is if I buy water will the left over last the "change over"

Third Question

Can I carry on Soda  /wine for the 2nd leg?

Thanks

Alan

3 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

So today I changed to the same stateroom b2b. My question is do I have to do any packing at all or can I go out for 10 hours and come back just like and excursion?

Third Question

Thanks

Alan

No packing needed if you are in the same stateroom.

They won't take your water out of the stateroom.

You can carry on two more bottles of wine for the second leg.

It's a good idea to make sure your stateroom attendant knows you are staying on.

5 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Third Question

Thanks

Alan

On the wine & soda question, if you disembark between legs/cruises you can bring back soda/wine as they allow but you can’t double up quantities brining for both on first leg departure.

5 minutes ago, TxKroozer said:

On the wine & soda question, if you disembark between legs/cruises you can bring back soda/wine as they allow but you can’t double up quantities brining for both on first leg departure.

You can bring for both legs when you first arrive, just need to have setsail pass or other proof you're a B2B. 

25 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Third Question

Thanks

Alan

If you wanted you could bring 4 bottles of wine on with you on your first leg and then disembark and bring an addition 2 on board for the second leg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

No packing needed if you are in the same stateroom.

They won't take your water out of the stateroom.

You can carry on two more bottles of wine for the second leg.

It's a good idea to make sure your stateroom attendant knows you are staying on.

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

For sure, end of each leg!

1 hour ago, TxKroozer said:

1 hour ago, awestover89 said:

You can bring for both legs when you first arrive, just need to have setsail pass or other proof you're a B2B. 

1 hour ago, AlanF65 said:

One Last question for Today, Can I leave items in the safe or does the lock get reset?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The lock will not be reset 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you wanted you could bring 4 bottles of wine on with you on your first leg and then disembark and bring an addition 2 on board for the second leg.

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

we left stuff in safe was not reset 🙂

Thanks everyone.  I was on the phone with RCI  for close to an hour getting the same stateroom both directions. I didn't want to have to deal with "moving 3 decks" and just wanted to make sure I could take a long excursion without worrying about relocating before or after. (ship gets in at 7am and leaves at 8pm)

1 minute ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

That's ridiculous for it to take that long to get the same cabin for both legs.  It literally only takes a few seconds if it's within the same category.  You should have your TA doing this kind of leg-work instead of you wasting your valuable time.  

If he’s talking to Royal about switching cabins it’s obvious he’s not using a TA because Royal would not be talking to him.

7 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Of course.  I was just frustrated and not thinking.  I hate to see people spending so much time on hold or dealing with RCI.

I decided I would get it done before I transferred it to an agent; had I known how long it would take I would have done it differently.

38 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

I decided I would get it done before I transferred it to an agent; had I known how long it would take I would have done it differently.

Got it.  That makes sense.  Sorry you had to spend so much time dealing with such a simple change.  Congrats on your B2B!  We're doing our first ever in 2021 too so appreciate your post!

ok just honestly curious....do you tip the room steward extra as your "general rule" (ie always) or only if they go above & beyond?  Don't mean to start a diatribe on tipping (which it probably will), just honestly curious.

36 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

ok just honestly curious....do you tip the room steward extra as your "general rule" (ie always) or only if they go above & beyond?  Don't mean to start a diatribe on tipping (which it probably will), just honestly curious.

Totally depends on their level of service.