How many cruises do you do a year?

lenquixote66

On 10/1/2019 at 2:36 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Why would it make a difference if they were all Caribbean? A lot of people like the islands.

Because they all pretty much look the same and have very little to offer outside of beaches and bars.

1 hour ago, ducklite said:

Because they all pretty much look the same and have very little to offer outside of beaches and bars.

Some people like to be at a beach every day. Not me, but plenty of others. There is also the history of the islands. You probably never knew that they had something to do with WWII.

43 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Some people like to be at a beach every day. Not me, but plenty of others. There is also the history of the islands. You probably never knew that they had something to do with WWII.

If I wanted to go to the beach every day, there are a lot of places I'd rather do it--Like Bora Bora or Fiji.

And of course I am well aware that the German's tried to disrupt shipping from Venezuela oil) to North America during WWII.  That said, if WWII is your jam, you'll get far more history in Europe than in the Caribbean--I'm headed to Poland and Austria next month and a good portion of my trip revolves around WWII history.  

Edited by ducklite

1 hour ago, ducklite said:

If I wanted to go to the beach every day, there are a lot of places I'd rather do it--Like Bora Bora or Fiji.

And of course I am well aware that the German's tried to disrupt shipping from Venezuela oil) to North America during WWII.  That said, if WWII is your jam, you'll get far more history in Europe than in the Caribbean--I'm headed to Poland and Austria next month and a good portion of my trip revolves around WWII history.  

Of course who wouldn't want to go to beaches in the South Pacific? We were there the last 2 years. If you were to take a tour you would have learned that there is a more history to the Caribbean and the WWII connection. There's the first settlers that came over, slavery, etc and not just the beaches.

Duh, obviously there's more history in Europe because most of the war was fought there. That's a no brainer. Good for you on your upcoming cruises. It's not a big deal since many of us on here take such cruises.

BTW, my original post replying to yours was that just because you don't like the Caribbean then don't knock others that do. On that note, I'm finished with your posts.

Let's get back to the original thread. How many cruises do others take a year?

Edited by ReneeFLL

On 9/22/2019 at 8:22 PM, Mary229 said:

One but it tends to be over 2 weeks.  I also do a lot of land based travel.  When I fully retire (maybe never)  I would love to string together a B2B series for a "world cruise" of my own design.  

I have a similar hope, with land time, and maybe some local/river cruises between each leg.

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Of course who wouldn't want to go to beaches in the South Pacific? We were there the last 2 years. If you were to take a tour you would have learned that there is a more history to the Caribbean and the WWII connection. There's the first settlers that came over, slavery, etc and not just the beaches.

Duh, obviously there's more history in Europe because most of the war was fought there. That's a no brainer. Good for you on your upcoming cruises. It's not a big deal since many of us on here take such cruises.

BTW, my original post replying to yours was that just because you don't like the Caribbean then don't knock others that do. On that note, I'm finished with your posts.

Let's get back to the original thread. How many cruises do others take a year?

My trip this year isn't a cruise.  I take land based trips to cruises 5:1 if not more.  

I've taken a number of tours in the Caribbean (and there are other ways to get there than a cruise) and don't find the need to do so over and over.  There are a finite number of things one can do in the Caribbean other than the beach--and there are much nicer beaches with a lot less hassle in other parts of the world.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ducklite said:

My trip this year isn't a cruise.  I take land based trips to cruises 5:1 if not more.  

I've taken a number of tours in the Caribbean (and there are other ways to get there than a cruise) and don't find the need to do so over and over.  There are a finite number of things one can do in the Caribbean other than the beach--and there are much nicer beaches with a lot less hassle in other parts of the world.

I wish I could get to the Caribbean other than cruising but it is my only option.